Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
o/t Overcrowding on Trams 11:51 - Nov 4 with 676 viewsAllezBlackpool

Have none of these people ever been on a train or the Tube ????

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/community/community-news/blackpool-s-far-

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

o/t Overcrowding on Trams on 12:49 - Nov 4 with 656 viewsWizaard

In answer to the OP, probably not. There's a very parochial view that is prevelant in Gazette viewpoints.

o/t Overcrowding on Trams on 14:21 - Nov 4 with 632 viewsVMcB

That's not crowded!! They wanna try travelling on the London Underground at 8am or 6pm.......it's not overcrowded if you haven't got your nose in someone's armpit

o/t Overcrowding on Trams on 15:09 - Nov 4 with 614 viewsOld_Laytonian

Conductors? How retro!

o/t Overcrowding on Trams on 18:03 - Nov 4 with 577 viewsseasider12000

Right,I shall endeavour to put you right on a few things.
1. There are no capacity limits on these trams as they are governed as light rail as Valley says they should try the tube at rush hour to see how bad it can get.
2. There is more space for buggies and/or wheelchairs than there would have been if we hadn't told Bombardier that we required more.
3. At the last 2 safety committee meetings that I have attended I raised my concerns about "overloading" and was told by management that it isn't an issue!! make of that what you will.

I hope this helps in some small way, I am going to try and put more pressure on to see if we can at least get a reasonable capacity limit as company policy. One of the problems we do have is the relatively short time that some passengers ride and so the turnover between stops can be very chaotic.

had to edit just in case I get into hot water.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 19:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024