Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furthest you've travelled for a football game? 10:14 - Nov 25 with 1524 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Went for a mates Stag do to watch Real Madrid which was a hefty old journey - anyone have a similar story>

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 10:20 - Nov 25 with 1523 viewsBigbrother

Once saw Southern United in New Zealand (albeit I didn't go there to watch them!)

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 10:27 - Nov 25 with 1520 viewsWizaard

Went to Latvia for a pre-season tour. Six days with games in Riga and Ventspils.

Also went to Salzburg for an Austrian tour when MacMahon was manager but the team cancelled late on.

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 10:58 - Nov 25 with 1516 viewsterminallytangerine

Rome 72.

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 12:16 - Nov 25 with 1503 viewsFountain

Lisbon last May.

slap me on the patio

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 12:21 - Nov 25 with 1498 viewstonysoprano

Went to the Anglo Italian Final against Bologna . What an away trip that was ! Non BFC related saw a pre season match in Spain , Lloret v Espanyol .

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 13:50 - Nov 25 with 1484 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Surely the criteria for this must be that you only travelled for the game... not tag a match onto a stag do?

I've watched games in places like Bolivia etc but was already travelling at the time.

I did once intentionally cut short an inter-rail trip and go from Greece by train through Eastern Europe and up to our match at Carlisle. That felt a bit weird.

Setting off from home and doing a round trip in a day, it will be the South Coast clubs like Torquay or South East like Gillingham and Maidstone.

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 14:14 - Nov 25 with 1474 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I think it would have to be somewhere on the South Coast for me too. I was too young to go to either Anglo-italian final.

On a slightly related point, what's the longest you've been out for a game that didn't involve an overnight stay somewhere?

My best (worst?) would be a home game with Swindon whilst the railways were still in the aftermath of Hatfield. Left home at 4.30 (no trains into town), and had a six hour journey via Birmingham and Manchester to get to Blackpool by noon. On the way home, the last two trains down the West Coast line were cancelled because of high winds in Scotland. I ended up on a cross-country train to London Paddington from Preston - going via Manchester, Birmingham and Reading. Two night buses followed, eventually getting me home at 2.30 a.m. - 22 hours after I'd left, and all for a 2-2 draw. And I couldn't sleep, after all that….

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 14:58 - Nov 25 with 1466 viewswespens

Went to watch Monaco last year - one of the worst games of football in one of the most lovely surroundings I've ever experienced - better than Chesterfield on New Year's Day!!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 19:56 - Nov 25 with 1444 viewsWizaard

In answer to Robbie's question, when we won at Cardiff with Kevin Phillips scoring a brace, I set off from our house to pick up the minibus at 7.00 on the day of the match. Picked up the lads in Leeds and then Sheffield and got to the game in plenty of time.

Coming away, it was snowing like nobody's business which slowed us down considerably. Just South of the turnoff for the M42 on the M5 we were going along about 30 mph and were hit sideways on by a Jaguar unable to cope with the snowy conditions.

After a couple of hours on the hard shoulder with Misfit, we were taken to Frankley Services on a tow truck. Eventually, the RAC agreed to take us home, and delivered two hire cars around 3.00 in the morning. Eventually got home at 7.00am after dropping my portion of the lads home.

Not a good end to what had been a great game.

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 20:11 - Nov 25 with 1437 viewsribble

Barcelona. Stag do.

Furthest you've travelled for a football game? on 09:12 - Nov 26 with 1405 viewsTwoPhillips

To watch Blackpool I went on the Nortgern Ireland tour a few years back - that was a good craic!!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024