Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? 13:27 - Dec 26 with 2424 viewsTang67

As a poster on both AVFTT sites and believing they both have merit I ask this question in good faith.
This site is the self styled home of reasoned debate and openness.
I am always interested in reading differing opinion and although I believe Karl's position is untenable I am aware a small minority still think he can or should continue as chairman of BFC
I don't want a row but would be interested in the rationale behind such a viewpoint ?
Seasons greetings and UTP

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 13:42 - Dec 26 with 2400 viewstangerinehad

Did the albion do a xmas pizza?

And yes of course he should stand down., the challenge is who takes over.

"fire"!!!!!

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 14:11 - Dec 26 with 2385 viewsTejas

No question in my view. He's a disgrace and should resign. The issue is - would it make any difference if the Oystons still own the club. Unlike some I believe it's Karl that runs the family now (not Owen) so he would still pull the strings.

We need a fresh start with new owners. Karl's resignation is a start but not enough.

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 14:54 - Dec 26 with 2351 viewsSouthshorepool

He needs to go. I think there is no real debate to be had on this.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 15:35 - Dec 26 with 2319 viewsTang67

I have been critical of the Oystons for some time and until recently wanted them to be held to account and take responsibility for sorting out the mess - this has changed
Never really bought the Owen controls everything school of thought - after the £90+ million post 2010 Karl had won that one in the context of Oyston inc. priorities and aspirations
The text expose an arrogance and disdain for the support wanting to avenge his detractors and dismissing others as collateral damage
I now think the relationship between the owners and the support is malign and damages the culture at the club - Karl has been , whether by design or not, the main driver ; his performance whichever way measured has been of an unacceptably low standard .
Together all goes to make his position untenable .
Belekon has intimated he is willing to buy the club and think that is the direction of a better future
I am still dismayed that they could walk away and leave no positive legacy in terms of the football club . That money was never intended to be taken out of the club but as a business that is the peroragative .
Listening to the game on Lancs as on call today and glad to see us hanging in there

UTMP

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 15:38 - Dec 26 with 2316 viewsTang67

Saying all that still interested in voices which dissent from the general consensus that they must go .

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 18:59 - Dec 26 with 2247 viewsribble

You could be in for a long wait, Tang67. Even though we're all Apologists on here. Apparently.

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 20:51 - Dec 26 with 2217 viewsTang67

See your point Ribble
This often cited as a pro Oyston outpost - although I thought most posts don't support the chairman
[Post edited 26 Dec 2014 21:38]

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 21:05 - Dec 26 with 2206 viewsMephistopheles

Unquestionably he should step down. Should have gone a long time ago too - the resignation/divorce farce was a damned disgrace and illustrated it all for me.

But as mentioned it is only one step on a very long ladder to reaching the utopia we all want. A lot is to be done to even get close to ousting the regime and replacing it with a much more agreeable and football focussed one.

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 21:42 - Dec 26 with 2193 viewsWizaard

Karl leaving and Sam taking over is meaningless.

The best option is for new investment to come in. If that was Valeri, then I think all fans would be delighted.

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 23:31 - Dec 26 with 2152 viewsRusty2Stands

sam taking over....................
those three words sent a shiver down my spine Wiz.

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 23:34 - Dec 26 with 2149 viewsWizaard

I'll bet it's an option being considered depending on what the FA charges are.

Is there anybody who disagrees with the idea that Karl Oyston should resign ? on 08:46 - Dec 27 with 2081 viewsolneyseasider

If Sam were to replace dad I don't suppose it'd be too long before he messed up and we'd be looking at a second FA investigation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024