Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 19:56 - Jan 30 with 9489 viewsribble

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-2237743.aspx

Words fail me.

Club Statement on 09:43 - Jan 31 with 1861 viewsRusty2Stands

There's a thread over on the real AVFTT discussing that right now Halifax.
There didn't seem to be too much moderating going on when TDL was running amok and inciting people over there.
"Moderated accordingly" my arse.

Club Statement on 10:13 - Jan 31 with 1848 viewsSouthshorepool

You're preaching to the converted Straighters. There is no way back for me with this family. Last week's revelations sealed an already sealed deal so to speak.
Wilf. I feel like I've been punched in the balls with that reply. Smiles. You're right. I left on 70. I literally couldn't take any more. The only thing that made me smile was seeing two Watford lads who I'd been speaking to pre match stood at the bar when I got in. They'd left at half time because they were convinced we were going to hammer them.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Club Statement on 11:12 - Jan 31 with 1813 viewsstraightatthewall

Sorry if it sounded like preaching ssp, wasn't intended. Needed to vent a little after hearing of another staggering letter this morning.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Club Statement on 12:22 - Jan 31 with 1775 viewstde74

5 grand???

Jesus Christ.

Club Statement on 13:34 - Feb 1 with 1676 viewsoneswallow

What I'd like to know about this is

1. How will the £5000 be spent
2. How much did KO give for his retard comment - for me, much more offensive
3. Anyone who loses a case against the Oystons, will the money go in the families pockets or to this trust?

Club Statement on 14:17 - Feb 1 with 1663 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

You can believe what you like Rusty. What you seem to overlook is that the vast weight of opinion on FoL then, as now, was anti-Oyston, and very little got removed. I do remember stepping in to referee a number of spats between TDL and Raging Bull when I judged that they were getting too personal, but for the most part they were left to get on with it. Both are posting to this day, I believe.

Moderators can only moderate what other people write. If people are seriously trying to excuse serious misbehaviour by saying "he made so and so do it because he posted something that so and so didn't like", then I'd say two things. Firstly, that does work both ways ; secondly, it's a bit juvenile.

When I was moderating our local policy for a good while on the Blackpool site was to write to people by e-mail to try to warn them privately when they were sailing too close to the wind, and especially when we were removing material they'd posted. We didn't do it for everything and everyone (we looked at each case on its merits). But it worked well to a point (although you'd be amazed how many e-mail addresses supplied to us were dodgy).

We got some - actually, a hell of a lot of - criticism for doing so, but looking back and knowing what I know now, I'd have done a lot more of it, if I'd had the time. But we did what we felt we could. Bear in mind none of us did the job 24/7 and on a site as busy as FoL there is a limit to what you can do.

I'm as dismayed as anyone by the situation we now have. A number of people I know and like are being directly affected by it. But whilst chaos is breaking out all around, trying to blame the people who used to try and keep some sort of order is spectacularly missing the point.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Club Statement on 17:08 - Feb 2 with 1571 viewsVoiceofReason

Interesting stuff Robbie. Moderation sounds like a poisoned chalice to me.

Club Statement on 17:17 - Feb 2 with 1569 viewsWizaard

Swallow

The money will be spent by the Community Trust as they see fit.

Seem to recall Oyston donated £15000 but I can't find the figure anywhere.

Club Statement on 20:30 - Feb 2 with 1535 viewsHarryHorse

I wonder if the £5k is with or without Giftaid ? Could knock the cost down a bit if £5k is the total due to the charity
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024