Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer out for 10 weeks 20:25 - Feb 11 with 10866 viewsKerryE

Medial ligament damage...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31431393

Fer out for 10 weeks on 10:43 - Feb 12 with 2415 viewsadhoc_qpr

Very unfortunate, especially because he is one of the only goal scorers we have!

However, number 10 is a position we do have strength and depth.

Adel, Zarate and Vargas can all play there and all have the ability to win matches if given enough ball in the right areas.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 10:46 - Feb 12 with 2407 viewspaulparker

I'd think about Hoilett in there as well , he is much better suited there than shunted on the wing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fer out for 10 weeks on 10:47 - Feb 12 with 2407 viewstimcocking

What a surprise.

We've almost managed to lose Fer, Dunne and Charlie in 4 days.

That damn curse...

Fer out for 10 weeks on 10:52 - Feb 12 with 2386 viewssimmo

Also Niko! I am happy with the amount of cover we have in that position, although they are all a very different type of number 10 to Fer. Good shout for Hoilett though, it was only this pre-season that he looked one of our best players in that number 10 role.

I am sure it can be overcome and if we need to tweak our approach to attacking based on the loss of Fer I am now confident we have the management and coaching staff to do it. Plus he's still back for the last 5 games, which will be crucial.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fer out for 10 weeks on 10:54 - Feb 12 with 2384 viewsJonDoeman

Doubt any of the other options for that position would have buried that header the other night. Adel has got a goal in him, maybe he'll step up now that nasty Mr Redknapp has gone, & he knows he can't sign for Barcelona or Milan till the summer !!

It Is What It Is !!

Fer out for 10 weeks on 10:56 - Feb 12 with 2380 viewsJonDoeman

Not the luckiest club eh Tim!!

It Is What It Is !!

Fer out for 10 weeks on 11:09 - Feb 12 with 2351 viewsadhoc_qpr

Vargas is pretty decent in the air, Harry just managed to suck the form and confidence out of him.

Krancjar i forgot about and he did play well the other night, but his lack of pace and mobility is still an issue for me. None of our attacks actually went down the left where he played.

Not sure about Hoillett through the middle, his shooting is the worst i have seen since SWP's first season for us! He just skies the ball everytime without fail.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 11:10 - Feb 12 with 2350 viewsYorkRanger

and fairly so as in the main he has been p1ss poor. The last two weeks has shown what paying someone in their correct position can achieve, consequently it is now a big loss...

Fer out for 10 weeks on 11:11 - Feb 12 with 2349 viewsNorthernr

Fck all to do with that. It's to do with buying somebody who has played through the middle his whole life, playing him on the left wing and then everybody slagging him off when he performs below par. Exactly the same with Mutch, which is why it was so daft to let him go.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 11:25 - Feb 12 with 2331 viewsJonDoeman

Yes, his previous best game was Sunderland at home I think it was when he played the same position. Difference between him & Mutch is even out of position I could still see his quality. I didn't like what I saw from Mutch at all & can't bring myself to be sorry he's gone, tho you're probably right! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Fer out for 10 weeks on 11:27 - Feb 12 with 2325 viewsJonDoeman

Vargas looked a very good player at first, now not even on the bench. Injured or dropped? Hopefully they can get him going again.

It Is What It Is !!

Fer out for 10 weeks on 12:28 - Feb 12 with 2284 viewssimmo

Fer out for 10 weeks on 12:40 - Feb 12 with 2259 viewsTacticalR

Fer in the hood.

Air hostess clique

Fer out for 10 weeks on 12:55 - Feb 12 with 2234 viewsCamberleyR

Not a cruciate but medial collateral ligament injury, if there can be such a thing it's the least serious of knee ligament injuries.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Fer out for 10 weeks on 13:09 - Feb 12 with 2208 viewssimmo

It's a beanie actually mate :-D

Fer out for 10 weeks on 13:18 - Feb 12 with 2141 viewsTheBlob

That's not entirely fair(or Fer).
I wasn't a fan mainly due to a lackadaisical approach to passing and recovery from numerous f*ck ups.Being out of position doesn't absolve you from woeful passing at times.
Having said that we needed as many bodies as possible and it's a tragedy to end up another man short.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fer out for 10 weeks on 13:25 - Feb 12 with 2123 viewsR_from_afar

Terrible shame for us and for him. Whilst he hasn't been outstanding - there have been issues with him not marking or tracking back - he has bagged more goals than anyone bar Austin and he can produce the occasional moment of magic which changes a game.

As for injuries, it's certainly not just us: Aaron Ramsey at Arsenal has had three hamstring injuries already this season.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fer out for 10 weeks on 13:33 - Feb 12 with 2111 viewsBrazilNutR

Big shame for us.. if nothing else he is (i'm guessing) our second top scorer...despite being played out of position for 90% of the games, and being 'Rubbish' according to 90% of fans. He did look absolutely brilliant on Tuesday night.. very strong on the ball.. and just overall bad for forcing us to re-structure a winning side. On a positive note.. we have a good period of time, with what seems like a proper coach to prepare the team for Hull.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 13:50 - Feb 12 with 2092 viewsNorthernr

It's as simple as this.... He played poorly out of position. On the three occasions we've played him in his best position he's been MOTM twice and could have got it the third time as well.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 13:57 - Feb 12 with 2073 viewsTheBlob

Oh well,funny how people see things differently.Perhaps he's not as snail-like or wayward as I thought.Must get some new accelerating glasses.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fer out for 10 weeks on 14:18 - Feb 12 with 2054 viewsJonDoeman

What was the other match ?

It Is What It Is !!

Fer out for 10 weeks on 14:20 - Feb 12 with 2048 viewssimmo

Sunderland home and away, Saints at home. I doubt he got MOM for Saints last week, but he played really well.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 14:45 - Feb 12 with 2013 viewsDANRANGER

The point is you can't judge a player who is played out of position continually. When played in his correct position he was far more involved and did put the effort in. Ok, he should put the effort in whatever position he's played but he may as well have sat on the bench than be played wide left because it doesn't play to his strengths. Good thing is Ramsey seems to understand this and has put it right. Van Gaal is doing the same at United, Rooney looks a shadow of the player we've seen and he wasn't chasing back like his usual self the other night against Burnley.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 15:40 - Feb 12 with 1963 viewsQPunkR

I'm with you on that. I'm not tearing my hair out at his injury 'cos in the main he has been poor. Or ok, to placate some ppl here - his workrate has been poor.
We all acknowledge he's been played out of position for most of the season but there's no excuse to be so lazy. Especially when he came with the tag of being a box-to-box midfielder formerly nicknamed The Bouncer!
Didn't watch the Sunderland game at all but I'm heartened to hear he actually played well.

QPR - "shit but local"

Fer out for 10 weeks on 19:17 - Feb 12 with 1915 viewsStanisgod

Gutted for him and us but I must admit I didn't know that playing out of position automatically loses you the ability to pass to your own teammates and bottle tackles [dodge

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024