Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Striker on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 1359 viewsbarry_sanchez

Tadic is quality but afraid to shoot, Pelle is simply of form and we need to rotate but we have no one to rotate with, its poor management, you can talk about our elevated position this season but thats a different point altogether, this is about buying quailty to consolidate a position to the Champions League or a European place.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Striker on 21:43 - Feb 11 with 1350 viewsHeisenberg

Would have known you and dull Barry would have been on here within minutes with the usual criticisms. We didn't get that break. That's all.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Striker on 21:44 - Feb 11 with 1344 views1885_SFC

Should have left Mane on. West Ham were knackered and playing with 9 men for the last 20 minutes with Carroll's injury. Mane was probably the only one who looked capable of springing the trap with his pace.

I just hope we don't live to rue those 2 dropped (precious) points.

Old School is Cool

Striker on 21:47 - Feb 11 with 1333 viewsHeisenberg

Poor management ?. You were criticising Ron last week. He has taken us to a place none of us thought we would ever be in. Feckin idiot.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Striker on 21:55 - Feb 11 with 1307 viewsbarry_sanchez

So that means he is free from criticism? Blert.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

Striker on 21:59 - Feb 11 with 1296 viewsHeisenberg

Considering we are 4th in the League and he had to rebuild a team. In a word Yes. If we were top of the League and still in the cups I'm sure you would find something to moan about. Why don't you go and support that lot down the road. They boo all the time. You would love it.

Striker on 22:11 - Feb 11 with 1256 viewsbarry_sanchez

So he is free from criticism ha ha are you on the smack? Of course you can criticise, just because you are doing well it does not mean you can not have valid input, I take it you dont think we need a striker and need midfielders?

Striker on 22:33 - Feb 11 with 1222 viewsHeisenberg

All you do is criticise. Of course we need better players. What club doesn't ?. Even Mourinho wants better players. The point is your failure to embrace our amazing success. Ron will learn from his first season with us and I'm totally confident he will take us forward the longer he stays with us. Despite the cynics like you and others who can do nothing but moan and jump at the first opportunity to criticise.

Striker on 22:36 - Feb 11 with 1215 viewsbarry_sanchez

I am making a valid comment, nothing that paid professionals wouldn't do either, are they wrong?

Striker on 22:40 - Feb 11 with 1201 viewsLeslie

He lives in Liverpool, don't you know

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

Striker on 22:56 - Feb 11 with 1184 viewsdirk_doone

I thought the same. The one player most likely to score a late winner was Mane. Such a shame he wasn't out there at the end when West Ham were effectively down to 9 men.

It's also a pity that we can't use Osvaldo for the remainder of the season, after all the money we paid for him.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2015 22:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Striker on 22:58 - Feb 11 with 1171 viewsLeslie

Mane had a knock

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

Striker on 23:00 - Feb 11 with 1167 viewsdirk_doone

Thanks, Leslie. That explains it.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Striker on 23:04 - Feb 11 with 1163 views1885_SFC

I wouldn't mind betting that - with hindsight - Koeman probably thought the same towards the end. But as they say ; hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We've failed to win any of our last 4 home games now. Must rectify that against the scouse bastids. We owe that nasty little bastid Rogers a good pasting.

Old School is Cool

Striker on 23:06 - Feb 11 with 1158 views1885_SFC

Ah, well, that explains it. To be fair, he was in the wars tonight.

I reckon Yoshi will have one hell of a black eye tomorrow morning too! Ouch!

Old School is Cool

Striker on 23:29 - Feb 11 with 1131 viewskingslandstand1

RK said on Solent that he was just not the threat that he was earlier in the game and also that he was on a yellow card, so guessing that was a pointer towards his opinion of the ref and that almost anything could happen .............. as well as the fact that we therefore could not afford for him to go missing for a game or two

Striker on 23:32 - Feb 11 with 1126 viewskingslandstand1

They were nearly all afraid to shoot! The only real shot from SFC that looked threatening was from our centre half!

Striker on 05:21 - Feb 12 with 1052 viewsdune

It don't take much for the bed wetters to appear does it.

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

Striker on 06:06 - Feb 12 with 1043 viewsbarry_sanchez

He she is, the queen of the internet Brian Cumquinnery.

Striker on 08:09 - Feb 12 with 983 viewssaint22

thats a must
though we will need a goal

Striker on 09:09 - Feb 12 with 932 viewssuttonsaint

I heard a voice in the noise pollution!

Striker on 10:28 - Feb 12 with 883 viewsClickInsect

Honestly don't get the mentality of people who think they should police what opinions people are allowed to express on a forum about the club. If you think that supporting the club requires a Kim Jong Un approach, why be on a forum in the first place?

The premise is completely stupid, that just because somebody is doing a great job overall that they are incapable of making a mistake. Sir Alex Ferguson is the greatest manager that ever lived, but you could easily write a novel detailing his many mistakes in a way that would make him look completely incompetent. Being a manager is about making choices, the best tend to make fewer bad ones & get more of the key ones right.

The team has no goals in it. The reason is two-fold. The first is personnel, what is in the squad and what is available. The second is because of the formation 4-3-3 isn't suitable for playing at home with the "respect" teams now give us. The system suited us when it allowed us to defend deep while leaving three up top. Now we are in a situation where teams don't commit players forward when they play us. It means that we don't get enough players ahead of the ball & it encourages square balls from midfielders who aren't prepared to take risks.

On top of that we do have issues with personnel. Elia & Mane only look effective when going through the middle, which requires space. Neither of them are capable of making the pitch wide and whipping in balls. Pelle was the right player at the right time for us, but he has his limits which are compounded by his crap form. Steven Davis tried to take responsibility yesterday, so fair play to him for that though he still fell short. JWP came on, after being dropped for playing square balls & then immediately started playing square balls. He played the ball forward twice, a ball to Tadic was the pass of the match. The rest of the time he refused to take responsibility. Tadic tried when he came on, but he's low on confidence & he's useless playing from the right.

Nothing in this match should have been a surprise in the slightest. The only thing that really annoyed me, was that it was Maya and Jose Fonte that ended up being the ones trying to take responsibility for getting us a goal. The amount of times during the game that creative players played the ball square for Maya to knock into the box was a joke. Maya is a make shift left back, normally a center back with crap distribution & he's the only one with the balls to put a ball into the box? Too many players are hiding.

Other than that, it's a break now with Ron needing to go back to the drawing board. He's shown he can be flexible, but he does tend to be reactive instead of proactive when these sorts of issues are developing. We should have the majority of our players back for our next match and he'll have lots of tactical options against a team that will come to play against us.

There is loads we could do with the personnel we have.

4-2-3-1: Switch out Tadic for Davis & either play him off Pele or have him play off the left, with Elia on the right & Mane in the number 10 role.

4-4-2 Diamond: Pele & Mane up front. One of the Serbians as a No 10. JWP Davis in CM, with either Morgan or Wanyama in front of the defence.

4-4-2 Flat: Morgan & Wanyama holding the midfield. Elia right, Tadic left & Mane and Pele up front.

All of these formations would give us an extra quality player in a central position and the chance to pass forward quicker. Ron's used a few of them during the season, as well as 5-3-2. In the games where people are going to set up to defend, he's going to have to pick a more front-foot side, because Pele on his own isn't going to cut it through the middle. He gave Harry Reed a total bollocking from the sidelines when he got caught out of position going forward yesterday, he is going to have to have a rethink about the balance of the side in these sorts of games. From what he said about after the match, I'm 90% sure it's going to get sorted.

Poll: Where will Saints finish?

Striker on 11:24 - Feb 12 with 851 viewsHeisenberg

I only got as far as Kim Jong Un. Are we signing him ?

Striker on 11:25 - Feb 12 with 851 viewssainti

People seem to think it's just a matter of going and buying a striker but its not that simple. Who would you sign that will improve us that isn't already on the radar of the big clubs?

I think for purely selfish reasons it was a shame that Burnley got promoted last season, had they not we could well have got Ings. Now it appears he'll be going to one of the big clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024