Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
O/T First film you remember seeing at the cinema 23:30 - Apr 3 with 1997 viewswe_are_Superior

Just replied to the thread about 'This Board' and said it needs a few more O/T's to bring it alive and so I thought I'd start one which seemed to get a lot of response in Facebook earlier which was about the first film you saw at the cinema ...

Mine was Star Wars (1977?) and just remember the whole experience from Pearl and Dean to the curtain opening and closing, a proper interval and the effects on the big screen were just mind blowing. Must have been about 6 at the time and became hooked.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

O/T First film you remember seeing at the cinema on 23:35 - Apr 3 with 1994 viewsbig_bloomers

Herbie Rides Again! Although it could have just been Herbie - owned a VWvBeetle later in life as homage to the car!

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

O/T First film you remember seeing at the cinema on 03:15 - Apr 4 with 1980 viewsOsbourne

Yes,

"Herbie goes to Monte Carlo"

"Jaws" also - a bit scary that one though.

Great fun.

Happy days - the 1970's. No Video recorders, no DVD's, no computers, no mobile phones, all matches started at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, no sky, lucky if you could get BBC2, colour TV a luxury, black and white for most households.

No emails! People actually hand wrote letters! Blimey, fancy doing that! Receiving a "hand written" letter - how ridiculous!

And what about FA Cup Final Day - Wow!

Tweet, Tweet, Tweet!!!

Happy days.

Need I go on?
Dinosaur.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2015 3:27]

O/T First film you remember seeing at the cinema on 09:09 - Apr 4 with 1964 viewsBringBelekonBack

Remember seeing Jaws and the curtain closed for the interval just as the severed head came floating up from the sea bed out of the wreckage!!

O/T First film you remember seeing at the cinema on 09:28 - Apr 4 with 1958 viewsspooner

Went with my Nanna to see Run Wild Run Free, "starring" Mark Lester as a lonely young mute lad who spends time with a wild horse. Rubbish, but the first film of the double bill was much more enjoyable; "First Men in The Moon" with Lionel Jeffries, a loose screen version of the Wells novel.
Really enjoyed that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024