Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it possible to support BFC but not the Oyston's 09:56 - Apr 5 with 1765 viewswe_are_Superior

Here's my dilemma. I love BFC - part of my daily life for 53 years. So how do I support this great club whilst sticking two fingers up at the O's? Is it now a clear choice of having to support both or having to walk away?

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Is it possible to support BFC but not the Oyston's on 11:05 - Apr 5 with 1750 viewsPNENIL

The fact that you ask the question means you probably already know the answer.
If nobody went anymore and the ground was empty every week with no matchday income then they would be gone very quickly. It really is that simple. By keep contributing, even though you know your money is going to all the wrong places, you are just prolonging their stay.
I keep hearing people say that they don't like being told what to do and being told to stay away just makes them want to go. That's fair enough but it still doesn't make what their doing right and its not going to shift the O's one bit.
In normal circumstances , in fact in nearly every circumstance , id say that supporting your club come what may is laudable and the right thing to do . This is probably the one time though that that is now not the case. In fact id say that going now is actually a selfish act but that is my opinion. Its like your doing it just because you cant bare to do anything else on a Saturday afternoon so sod the consequences. Or maybe a life analogy ... your wife's having an affair and you don't want to upset your cosy life so you just put up with it and ignore it . Instead of growing a pair and making a stand.
Even if we make a fist of it next season and got promoted again I wouldn't change my stance. What would be the point? They have squandered our championship status away so cheaply and we have seen how they operate in that league even with millions of parachute money behind them . It's just not palatable at all to me in any way, shape or form with them running the club , if you can call it that . I want to know that day after day , week after week , the owners of my club are doing their level best for it and planning and striving to be the best we can possibly be. You will never get that with them , they are just not interested .
It's not about walking away or giving up interest . Im as interested and as passionate about my club as ive ever been but I cant support it at the moment and help facilitate what they are doing . Its a time for stepping back , watching and waiting and looking forward to a time when we get our club back .
[Post edited 5 Apr 2015 11:28]

Is it possible to support BFC but not the Oyston's on 12:41 - Apr 5 with 1728 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here,

Good piece that by PNENIL. In fact very good piece. To anybody who wonders onto this thread and thinks, "Too long that, I can't be bothered to read it." Think again and read it.

Osbourne's observations on this for what they are worth!

Well, the warning bells were given at Wigan away last season.

Pool won 2-0 and escaped. Even then Pool did their level best to get Pool relegated by losing to Charlton on the last day of the season.

That away trip to Wigan Osbourne remembers for three main reasons :

1) My coach travel to Wigan was financed by the club.
2) My ticket into the ground was financed by the club.
3) Every other Pool supporter had the above 2 options at their disposal.

Pool won 2-0.
Pool survived for the 2014-15 debacle.

Pool fans might watch in Division 1.
Pool go any lower than that, Osbourne is not so sure.

PNENIL you are right. Trouble is, "it's a way of life."

Good piece. Makes one think. Community club, it's the juice they want. Turn the water off.

Harsh, but they didn't have to dig the hole.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2015 12:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024