Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your worst relegation? 15:16 - Apr 6 with 1886 viewssteve_g

Just mentioned in another thread that I was distraught when we went down at Oldham, felt the Prem relegation was predictable and this one has left me numb! No emotion whatsoever. So what was your worst relegation?!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Your worst relegation? on 15:30 - Apr 6 with 1883 viewsPNENIL

The prem for me but in a slow burner kind of way . Just a desperation that we had run out of steam and the unfairness of it all that our season deserved so much more . This one has been the easiest because we never had a chance in the first place.

Your worst relegation? on 15:51 - Apr 6 with 1877 viewsseasider13

I took the relegation from the old division 1 very hard, but that was due to my age,

Any relegation is a bitter pill to swallow but this season has been a forgone conclusion and its got to the stage now of "lets get it over with"

As pnenil stated, the Prem season was rough as we went down with a points tally that usually would have seen us safe, also some dubious refs decisions + our dreadful dealings in the transfer market with Reid, Kingson and Beattie springing to mind, but there were others.

Roll on next season, all i want is a squad that can compete, a few wins would be nice, its like we've been pushing dung up-hill for the past 3 years.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Your worst relegation? on 16:04 - Apr 6 with 1871 viewscamberwell1

1978-79 was also a disgrace and similar to this season - we imploded, and ended up getting stitched up almost every week by Referees, Cartmell or just bad luck, oh and how could I forget Cardiff City and Orient.

It was a disgrace, we were 5th in March and were virtually mathematically safe from relegation but a Division conspiracy saw us go down and 30 years (certainly 25) of mostly dross followed.

I fear this could be even worse !!

Your worst relegation? on 18:05 - Apr 6 with 1853 views1953Original

Never thought I'd feel as bad as I do tonight - it has hit me and only a night with my old mate Jack Daniels will relieve the pain. This one hurt because it was so unnecessary.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Your worst relegation? on 18:07 - Apr 6 with 1850 viewscamberwell1

Go easy lad - we need supporters and to keep together now - this is the Battle for BFC

Your worst relegation? on 20:28 - Apr 6 with 1830 viewsribble

You mean 77-78, Camberwell. Personally speaking, that was far worse than today simply because you could just not see it coming, and we had a far better team than we've had this season. From promotion candidates to relegation no-hopers in a matter of months was very hard to take. And, so it proved, the consequences were dire.

This time round I've been pretty much reconciled to the fact that we were going down since October. I barely twitched when I got the news today. That doesn't make it any less tragic needless to say - perhaps even more so as the club had the resources to do something about it this time round but chose not to.

The common factor of both relegations? Gross mis-mangement at the top and the complete failure to respond effectively to a developing crisis. Just so sad and so unnecessary.

Your worst relegation? on 20:34 - Apr 6 with 1822 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Can't disagree with any of that ribble, except that this one DOES hurt. Knowing it was coming is not much of a consolation this evening.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Your worst relegation? on 20:39 - Apr 6 with 1818 viewsribble

I was speaking personally, Robbie, as I said in my post. I'm surprised it hasn't hit me harder to be honest but there you go. We will all take it differently.

Your worst relegation? on 20:51 - Apr 6 with 1807 viewsseasider1887

I would have to say the Premiership season as well because we were unfairly treated by referees.

Then there was the bad winter that cost us. I maintain the form we were in pre Christmas and that momentum would have helped us. Losing so many fixtures due to the lack of undersoil heating did not help.

This season was the easiest as I never really expected anything else really.

Your worst relegation? on 20:52 - Apr 6 with 1806 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Absolutely ribble, we all feel these things in our own way. I think we could have avoided this, it's a sh** Division and it wouldn't have taken much to be safely mid-table. If rubbish like Leeds and Birmingham can do it, we should have been able to do so as well.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Your worst relegation? on 20:56 - Apr 6 with 1801 viewsribble

It was completely avoidable, that's the tragedy of it.

Your worst relegation? on 22:03 - Apr 6 with 1789 viewsPNENIL

There is an irony that the year we've gone down is probably the weakest championship since we came up.

Your worst relegation? on 23:21 - Apr 6 with 1759 viewsscratchingshed

Worst relegation by a country mile no other one is anywhere near to it.

What is the point sitting on millions for a rainy day when it's not used.

The Oystons wanted us relegated and it's happened.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2015 23:22]

Your worst relegation? on 09:31 - Apr 7 with 1719 viewslemongreentea

I'd agree 77-78 was disappointing with the early promise of a team that was seemingly flying but this season also seemed to have some early promise with the Riga revolution. This season feels worse because it's raw and fresh, 'just happened' even though it's seemed inevitable for some time. Big change needed and it needs to be in progress now. The squad for next season needs to be sorted this season and playing to win the last few games can only help.

Your worst relegation? on 10:02 - Apr 7 with 1713 viewsterminallytangerine

I think today's is worse than 77-78 as it was so avoidable if only there had been the political will and leadership to address the issues and to work with the supporters.

The toxic atmosphere which has now been with us for over a year now is something we didn't have then.

It will take a long time for these wounds to heal, but football clubs do come back from the dead and ours will as well one day.

The Future looks dull but it is still tangerine.

Your worst relegation? on 13:22 - Apr 9 with 1649 viewsOrmerod89

Can I add the Oldham one to the list - I will never forget the name Ryan Sugden!

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

Your worst relegation? on 14:23 - Apr 9 with 1643 viewsHarryHorse

Echo what Ribble said , this one has been on the cards all season and I was inured to it pretty much . The hurt and anger came much , much earlier than this weekend

Your worst relegation? on 15:08 - Apr 9 with 1637 viewsseasider13

Reading back through this thread and the same words keep cropping up, " unnecessary, avoidable "and on top of that i agree with the post that this division is very week this season.

So my question to the Oystons if i could have a proper conversation with them off the record would be pretty simple, i would ask why did they make the same mistakes over and over. Only a fool would do that, and if this relegation was intentional, to what purpose, ?

Personally i don't think it was intentional, i really do believe Karl is way out of his depth, he is good at holding onto money, but he is supposed to be running a football club, not a building society.

Sorry, rant over.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Your worst relegation? on 17:13 - Apr 9 with 1628 viewsPlumbs

This division is mainly about being organised so the relegated clubs are like well,a government department being left to run by senior civil servants.

My worst was definitely the one where we tumbled into League 1 particularly as the Tangerine Tangobears were promoted that year,as every game (once again) became a cup final.

Mind you-its character building and allows the true fans to surface.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024