Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Varney - just the type of player we need 09:50 - Apr 11 with 2151 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Always liked Varney and was gutted when he left .. he just always had that ability to turn nothing in to something and we just haven't had that sort of player .. that said Bright Samuel with a good summer behind him could terrorise League One ..

Luke Varney has described Blackpool’s relegation to League One as ‘horrific’ as he prepares to face his old side today.

The now Ipswich loan man led the line during the Seasiders’ memorable year in the Premier League, scoring five goals.

Ahead of today’s game against Ipswich, the 32-year-old spoke about his disappointment in seeing how the club has fallen.

“When you look at Blackpool now, there is not one player or member of staff left from my time there — it’s changed so much in four years, it’s horrific,” he said.

“I know the chairman is getting a lot of flak, but I don’t know the ins and outs as I was only a loan player at the time. But to see where they are is a travesty and hopefully, one day, they will get back to where they were because there was a fantastic buzz about the place, especially with it being a holiday resort, as you can imagine.”

Varney played 30 times in the Premier League for the Seasiders after joining on a season-long loan from Derby County.

The Premier League period which is constantly talked about by Blackpool supporters and one he isn’t likely to forget any time soon.

He said: “It was one of the best years of my career, a bit of a whirlwind, it happened so fast. We were brilliant up until Christmas and then after that we were terrible. I got a few goals, a few shirts (Steven Gerrard, Cesc Fabregas, Yaya Toure) but unfortunately it ended in relegation, but I made some great friends.”
[Post edited 11 Apr 2015 9:53]

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Luke Varney - just the type of player we need on 09:52 - Apr 11 with 2149 viewsSTHolder

Loved this goal

Luke Varney - just the type of player we need on 13:39 - Apr 11 with 2096 viewsseasider13

Luke did great for us, and he had a great attitude, i remember him carrying DJ Cambell on his shoulders after DJ scored the winner against Liverpool at Bloomfield Road.

Oh how times have changed.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Luke Varney - just the type of player we need on 22:03 - Apr 12 with 2028 viewsWizaard

Luke is a scorer of great goals, but doesn't score enough to be the answer.

IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024