Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boycotts are becoming the norm - is football's popularity about to collapse? 21:44 - Apr 23 with 2631 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-32431976

First us, then Cardiff fans, then even Perth Glory fans in Australia and now Liverpool fans are boycotting matches.

Are all these boycotts a sign that football fans have finally had enough of greed by clubs, owners and those who run the game? Is the professional game about to swallow itself in greed and the popularity of football as a sport over the last 100 years finally start to plummet?

There are plenty of alternative sports on offer that are just as entertaining which don't have such extreme, obscene wealth attached to them so I can see it going that way in future as people turn their back on football for good.

Boycotts are becoming the norm - is football's popularity about to collapse? on 21:53 - Apr 23 with 2623 viewsribble

And Newcastle.

I think there is an undercurrent of fan dissent running through the top tiers of football at the moment. It will be interesting to see how many PL teams follow West Hams initiative in reducing their prices in light of the new TV deal.

As for myself, the prospect of watching a few more games at Accrington Stanley next season is getting increasingly attractive by the day.

Edit to say: Only when it's sunny mind. Accrington is the coldest place on God's Earth mid winter.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 21:56]

Boycotts are becoming the norm - is football's popularity about to collapse? on 07:00 - Apr 24 with 2588 viewsWizaard

West Ham are only reducing prices when they move, giving them an additional 19,000 seats to fill. Not quite the magnanimous gesture it appears, and let's see how much they charge away fans.

That's the biggest bugbear for me. Especially when they categorise games.

Hull v Stoke, away fans £15, Hull v Liverpool £50.Same seat, but over triple the price. For once, I can understand the Scousers moaning.

Boycotts are becoming the norm - is football's popularity about to collapse? on 08:32 - Apr 24 with 2577 viewsscratchingshed

Don't worry Wiz, when we play away we'll always be in that lowest cheapest band.

Boycotts are becoming the norm - is football's popularity about to collapse? on 17:25 - Apr 24 with 2540 viewsPlumbs

Its about to collapse in our house-sick to death of the costs and ticketing policies.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Boycotts are becoming the norm - is football's popularity about to collapse? on 10:58 - Apr 25 with 2511 viewssteve_g

I have to say that the greed of the owners and the players is largely to blame. Whatever happened to community run clubs which everyone benefits from and everyone gets behind. Sadly our club is one of the worst examples of what happens when money comes in to the game.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024