Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First signing (don't get too excited!) 13:15 - May 7 with 4998 viewssteve_g

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 13:30 - May 7 with 3989 viewsAVFTT

Story and video of his goal at Hartlepool below

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/news/38598

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 13:52 - May 7 with 3969 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

The new Brett Ormerod?

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 14:28 - May 7 with 3949 viewsseasider13

Poor sod,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 14:30 - May 7 with 3945 viewsPlumbs

That'll have made inroads into the biggest budget in League 1.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 16:08 - May 7 with 3901 viewsscratchingshed

The lad would have been better off staying at Blyth.
[Post edited 7 May 2015 16:08]

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 16:35 - May 7 with 3895 viewsAVFTTConvert

Quite a nice story behind him - sounds like a GTF character (we can but hope!)

Relegated Championship side Blackpool have made Blyth Spartans winger Jarrett Rivers their first signing for next season for an undisclosed fee.
He scored the winner in the Northern Premier League side's FA Cup second round win over League Two's Hartlepool.
The 21-year-old, who worked in his mother's newsagents, had a trial at Oldham in January.
Rivers came through the youth system at Middlesbrough and has agreed a one-year deal with an option of a further year.

"I've had personal success in the past taking players from non-league having signed Lee Novak while at Huddersfield and Matt Green at Birmingham City," said Blackpool boss Lee Clark.
"Jarrett's got a good football upbringing from his days as a youngster at Middlesbrough and he's an exciting player who makes and scores goals.
"He's been one of the outstanding players in a successful season for Blyth Spartans, starring in their FA Cup run and play-off push."
As part of the transfer, Blackpool will face Blyth Spartans in a pre-season friendly at Croft Park on Tuesday, 14 July.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 17:14 - May 7 with 3880 viewsterminallytangerine

As Blackpool supporters we should all want the cub to be successful and the players made to feel welcome whatever the politics of the club.

Time to put football first and welcome the lad.

Failure to do so is as much a nail in our coffin as that of the owners.

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 18:03 - May 7 with 3865 viewsMr_Brightside

The problem with the Oyston's being in charge of this club is that every signing is seen as cynical, weakening and designed to get the club relegated! Anyone remember a certain Brett Ormerod or Gary Taylor-Fletcher - both of whom plied their trade in non-league before getting to the Premier League. I actually prefer a player who's been in the lower reaches, has no grand ideas about flashy cars and being pampered. Will this lad be any worse than John Lundstram who was apparently 'the next big thing'? I somehow doubt it. Good luck to him.

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 19:29 - May 7 with 3848 viewstangerinedom

Few thoughts from Blyth fans from the Sparta message board:

Definitely good enough for League One, but not on your dodgy pitch.

Very exciting player, tireless, runs at players in a way you don't often see in the modern game. Scores and makes goals and is always a good 'out' option. Small in stature and sad to say he might have to get a bit more cynical but he's tough and he'll get stronger with pro training. Give him time and he'll do well. Really great attitude and deserves his chance. Hope you have a decent season next year.

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 19:33 - May 7 with 3844 viewsthebigone

Any player who runs at the opposition is good by me - least there was an end product! Good luck lad - hope the training facilities aren't a shock after Blyth!!

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 19:44 - May 7 with 3836 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Tend to agree Mr. B. But people can CHOOSE not to be cynical, if they wish.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 19:59 - May 7 with 3824 viewsPlumbs

Like being cynical over the appointment of Ian Holloway, Robbie?

Just asking (smiley)

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 20:03 - May 7 with 3818 viewsjanegallagher

Yes, all about personal choice.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 20:10 - May 7 with 3815 viewsterminallytangerine

One of the worst aspects of our current plight is that we get people claiming to be Blackpool supporters who just want them to do badly because they see it as hastening the end of the current regime.

Even if this were true - and there is no evidence to suggest that the owners are either more or less likely to sell whether we are in the championship or the conference - would the end justify the means of wishing our football team to do badly and rejoicing in every bad bit of news which comes out of the club? There has been plenty to be down about without claiming perversely that the worse the club does the better off we are.

It was under twelve months ago that I had a heated discussion with someone who moderates on the other board who was delighted at the prospect of losing Riga even before the season started because it would reflect badly on the owners. They were right about Riga wanting out but they weren't right - IMHO - in wanting to see us fail as a football club even before a ball was kicked.

Football supporters have to put football first.

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 20:14 - May 7 with 3810 viewsPlumbs

Football owners have to put football first,first. Blaming fans for an inevitable drop through the divisions is a diversion IMO.

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 20:15 - May 7 with 3807 viewsHarryHorse

Its a signing , no more no less .I wouldn't expect extreme reactions either way.But choosing not to be cynical after all that has gone before could also be construed as burying one's head in the sand .As Jane says , all about opinions
[Post edited 7 May 2015 20:16]

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 20:36 - May 7 with 3783 viewsTHISISNTSPARTA

It's a pity there's so much negativity on twitter and a little bit on here about this, but I realise you're all a bit cynical right now. We've been there ourselves. I don't think someone used to watching NPL and Conference North football is going to assure you you've made a really good signing here. But we only signed him last year from a team a couple of divisions lower than us and he made very rapid and amazing progress. Our Manager used him carefully so as not to overburden him and I think it really helped his development. And remember, as great as he is on plush surfaces, at our level playing on bad surfaces too is the only way you get to play some of the time. He is a very exciting player to watch on the ball and his ability to raise his game to a higher level of football so quickly in my mind means with full time training, he'll be able to do likewise at Blackpool. I'm confident you'll all see for yourselves soon enough.

Do any of you remember our cup game in 1997 by the way? We had a new orange away kit we were going to debut for that tie, I mean obviously nobody else's colours would clash with that. Then we drew Blackpool...

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 20:57 - May 7 with 3758 viewsterminallytangerine

'Football owners have to put football first,first. Blaming fans for an inevitable drop through the divisions is a diversion IMO.'

Of course they must but are football fans people who rejoice at every bit of bad news and wish failure on their club? Sounds the recipe for a self-fulfilling prophecy methinks.

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 21:14 - May 7 with 3742 viewsHarryHorse

Just how many fans do you think are currently "rejoicing" TT ?

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 21:42 - May 7 with 3710 viewsterminallytangerine

Don't think anyone is rejoicing at the situation we find ourselves in.

But the example I gave of a moderator on one of the message boards rejoicing at the likely loss of Riga within weeks of his appointment because it would embarrass the owners is a real one.

I suggest you read the message boards if you are looking for those who gloat at every piece of bad news and you'll see I've not made this up.

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 21:50 - May 7 with 3703 viewsribble

Nice to get some positive feedback from a Spartans fan. Thanks for taking the time and trouble.

As for the rest of us, let's just see how the lad shapes up before sticking the sarcastic boot in shall we?

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 22:48 - May 7 with 3667 viewsHarryHorse

I don't doubt the example you give TT but you imply there are many more :

" Of course they must but are football fans people who rejoice at every bit of bad news and wish failure on their club? Sounds the recipe for a self-fulfilling prophecy methinks"

I've no interest in trawling the message boards thanks , I spend long enough looking at them as it is but feel free to provide some more examples to support your argument if you like

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 09:40 - May 8 with 3600 viewsterminallytangerine

Nothing would make me happier than to be proved wrong on this.

Let us wait and see.

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 10:56 - May 9 with 3535 viewsAVFTTConvert

How many players have now come to Bloomfied Road under one manager and not had the opportunity to play under them?

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

First signing (don't get too excited!) on 11:05 - May 9 with 3532 viewsjanegallagher

Poor lad, probably thinking what the hell have I done

We’ve got Simon Sadler

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024