Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A direct appeal to Ian Holloway 18:50 - May 11 with 7584 viewsOFFICIAL_KNIGHTS

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway, all other managers and the Oyston family from the Tangerine Knights

We have seen that today Ian Holloway has confirmed he would be prepared to talk with Karl Oyston about a return to Blackpool.
Ian, we respectfully urge you to reconsider. This club is in turmoil, and it is our opinion that Karl has lost control of the club. You must have seen what has happened and that there is a Civil War here between the fans and the Oystons. That is not going to end by you returning here, it will only paper over the cracks.

No matter what happens, until that family leaves Blackpool this club is going nowhere. Did you see the comments from Lee Clark? He could not take it anymore and described it as a nightmare. Alan Thompson felt the job was impossible.

Please Ian, don't come back whilst the Oyston family are still in control of our club.

Furthermore, we urge all managers to do likewise. This might seem a controversial step to some, however this is not a normal situation, this is a club at civil war between the owners and the fans.

Finally, to the Oyston family. You saw at the last home game that it is not a minority, but the majority that want you to leave. Those people who chose to peacefully occupy the centre-circle (the words of Lancashire Police) were supported by the vast majority of fans in all four stands. There is a lot of media and fan footage from it, and not one of those videos shows even one Blackpool fan complaining about the protest. On the contrary, those in the stands were protesting in their own way, chanting for you to go, and applauding the occupation.

In the clubs "further statement" last Saturday, following the resignation of Lee Clark and Alan Thompson, there was a passing comment about the disastrous season we have all just witnessed. Finally after all this time a comment about the club rather than about taking legal action against fans.
However, we utterly reject the comment in that statement that you share the frustration and disappointment of last season.

You share nothing with Blackpool fans, other than this Civil War.

There is television footage that clearly shows Oyston family members looking down at the protest laughing, not just once but at least twice - something that Chris Kamara commented about on Sky Sports, when he said that "this is not a laughing matter".

In addition lip-reading experts have looked at tv footage and it is their belief that you Karl suggested to your son Sam, "let's take a selfie, shall we take one?" whilst laughing and looking down at protesters. How exactly is that, and driving round Blackpool in a car with the registration plate OY51 OUT, sharing our frustration and disappointment? It is our assertion that it is actually tantamount to incitement.
For everyones sake Karl, you need to resign and then as a family begin proceedings to sell the club.

Only then can Blackpool Football Club return from being what it is now, a laughing stock, a Comedy Club.

We Will Not Stop
We Will Not Give Up
We Will Not Be Silenced
‪#‎OystonOut‬ ‪#‎ExpectUs‬

https://www.facebook.com/tangerineknightssupport

#OystonOut#ExpectUs

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 18:28 - May 12 with 1570 viewsribble

SATW

I'm sure that a common sense approach is what most people want. Unfortunately, the main message coming out of the statement sitting at the top of this thread to many will lack any sense, never mind the common variety.

TK need to learn that they need to keep all fans on side, not alienate middle ground supporters.
[Post edited 12 May 2015 19:12]

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 18:54 - May 12 with 1557 viewsstraightatthewall

That might be the best thing you've ever posted plumbs.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 19:55 - May 12 with 1512 viewsHarryHorse

There you go again about the other site being right wing BHOK . If we're using political allegory if anything the recent events have shown how the proletariat can rise up against men of wealth & property .(and on the odd occasion I buy a newspaper its The Guardian by the way before you stick an unwanted label on me)

We've talked before , and will never agree , on what we want from our football .You wish to watch a game in pleasant surroundings , believe we were punching above our weight in the Championship and are now at something more like our natural level. The politics (despite your references) do not interest you .

I hoped we'd get back in The Championship. and believed that whilst not hugely supported we had a unique selling point in the location of Blackpool itself . The higher up we went the greater the levels of away and "floater" fans we could attract and I advocated a 25k stadia giving 1/4 to away fans if required should we ever reach the Premier league or become established in The Championship . The influx of opposition fans would benefit the club directly and town indirectly .

In all those 30 years or so there was always the hope and dream that this might happen , and along the way you'd hope for a good cup run to help the club progress . Instead we largely went unnoticed in the cup but somehow got to The Premier League , the funds arising from which dwarfed any number of cup runs anyway.

When you look for a legacy there isn't one . We hit the jackpot , rightly didn't spend the money in a desperate and probably vain attempt to stay up (I actually think some investment could have kept us up for a year after the start we had but no more) but came back down in a very healthy financial state , enough at the very least to get ourselves properly set up as a Championship club . That also hasn't happened , in fact the very reverse .

In my mind there is no point in supporting a football club where the goals of the owners appear so diametrically opposed to the fans (or some of them , you excluded) .Things were bad enough the season before last and last summers fiasco with trialists was writing writ large upon the wall . You can still hope if you like , and if your aspirations amount to having a club to watch and nothing more then I suppose I can understand your point of view . But take away hopes and dreams , especially from supporters of smaller clubs and you tear at the heart of what the football pyramid is all about

That is why the protests are garnering the media attention they are , that is why we are getting support from all over the country and that is why I expect as a result of this there may be a change in how Premier League parachute payments are administered in future and finally that is why on this thread I find myself very firmly in the camp of SATW & KKS
[Post edited 12 May 2015 19:57]

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 19:58 - May 12 with 1504 viewsscratchingshed

Do we have any fans left who are just happy to watch the football and not bothered about off the field antics?

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 20:51 - May 12 with 1492 viewsribble

Harry

All that is very true and I don't expect anyone to disagree with you.

But this thread is essentially a reaction to the TK's statement. You've avoided making reference to it in your post so I'll ask you the question.

Do you think it acceptable for a supporters group to try and overtly dissuade decent managers from coming to the club, including one former manager who, after all, brought that long awaited success you refer to?

I'm not really interested in whether or not they will succeed in their efforts, more the principle of it.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 21:23 - May 12 with 1471 viewsWizaard

Holloway isn't stupid. Surely he'll only countenance the job if he is given firm guarantees or knows something about regime change that we're not privy to.

His appointment would signify a massive change for the better IMO and should be welcomed.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 21:29 - May 12 with 1464 viewsPlumbs

Its the same reasoning behind Jose Mourinho getting the job - if the club appoint him then it'll be CL football within three seasons.

Holloway just aint going to happen.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 21:35 - May 12 with 1461 viewsHarryHorse

I did post higher up the thread about the statement itself as it goes , I think its very effective from a publicity point of view and unique as far as I am aware , I don't recall another set of fans doing something like that. It is also a very good and quick riposte to a very simple possible attempt to divide the fans again . I think Ian Holloway is his own man , he'll have plenty of contacts in the football world and I doubt very much if he would make a decision solely on the TKs announcement .

So , in this particular instance I think it is an acceptable stance to take .

My long diatribe was of course more a response to BHOK , We are Superior and Chesterbfc among others & I do therefore expect people to disagree with it
[Post edited 12 May 2015 21:37]

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 06:44 - May 13 with 1416 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Good post HarryHorse. I can understand your viewpoint and those who protest but there has to come the point when a positive solution is found, not just the promotion of negativity. Whether that is the golden ticket - an amazing bid by a benevolent new owner - or a realisation that things won't change on the ownership side so make the most of what we've got, then I just hope it's sooner than later and we aren't non-league by then.

As for the legacy argument... one season in the Prem doesn't guarantee Championship status. There have been 50 different clubs in the Prem and there are 44 league places in the top 2 divisions and many of those were in the Prem a lot longer than one season. KO will say the legacy is financial security which other clubs lower down don't have. Hopefully this gives us a better platform to bounce back from.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 13:01 - May 13 with 1388 viewsHarryHorse

Thanks BHOK . Unfortunately the "Golden Ticket" as you call it will , if it happens at all , take time .If the ownership doesn't change there would need to be a quite astonishing volte face from those in control which I just can't see happening . And even if it did I suspect a sizeable proportion of supporters feel so alienated (me included) that that course of events wouldn't be enough .If the policies of the last couple of seasons are adopted for the next couple I reckon we'll be non league anyway , regardless of protests.

I take your point about the Premier Millions being no guarantee of Championship status but to use your argument the financial stability should have given us a platform to become established in The Championship . It didn't and so I see no reason to think this same argument will give us a platform to bounce back from the next division down , or from the one below that for that matter .

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 17:03 - May 22 with 1335 viewsBFC_Tim

Wonder how the O/K feel if they have, by some weird fate, put Ollie off this job and we got Graham Westley and Ollie comes out and says it's because he didn't have the fans support? What you may call an own goal!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024