Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

I'm bedwetting on 21:55 - May 11 with 2415 views1885_SFC

Tis the Southampton way...

Old School is Cool

I'm bedwetting on 21:59 - May 11 with 2380 viewsbarry_sanchez

For a club our size we have the crappest trophy collection and European passport stamp collection going, there is no one worse in the entire fu cking leagues.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

I'm bedwetting on 22:02 - May 11 with 2374 viewsbarry_sanchez

Site went mental then.
[Post edited 11 May 2015 22:03]

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

I'm bedwetting on 22:14 - May 11 with 2327 views1885_SFC

lol. I fukkíng LOVE this club!

There's no other team on earth that puts it's fans through so many emotions in one season.

One minute I'm jizzing in my pants - foolishly thinking we're actually going to make the Champions League... ... ... the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FFS!!!

The next I've passed a Cadbury's chocolate button in my shorts because Swansea look like they're going to nick our European place altogether. I've gone from a mental jizzer to a ploppy pants wreck - in the space of just 2 months.

Man I fookin' LOVE this club!

Old School is Cool

I'm bedwetting on 22:44 - May 11 with 2273 viewsbarry_sanchez

Me too I just want us to be in Europe, its not too much to ask surely?

I'm bedwetting on 10:34 - May 12 with 2097 viewskingslandstand1

POTD (albeit award a bit late)

I'm bedwetting on 10:42 - May 12 with 2076 viewsredblooded

It is "The Southampton Way". Renowned under achievers, we know no other way.

LOVE and PEACE man! not you skate!
Poll: Stoke v Southampton prediction

I'm bedwetting on 10:44 - May 12 with 2064 viewshedgeend61

Don't panic, we will smash Villa on Saturday, then Swansea would have to win their last two games home to City, away to Palace. They wont.

The way Tottenham are playing at the moment, they seem determined to get 8th place, Hull home, Everton away are no gimmie's, MP's not to keen on this Europa lark you know.

I'm bedwetting on 10:45 - May 12 with 2057 viewsLeslie

I honestly think it's fair to say Saints, Liverpool and spurs aren't interested in Europa League at all. Modern football eh

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

I'm bedwetting on 11:10 - May 12 with 2034 viewstrotsky

Bang on. Nobody at these clubs wants to be in it. For very sound reasons.

I'm bedwetting on 11:22 - May 12 with 2007 viewsTheKraken

Liverpool and, to a lesser extent, Spurs may have a valid reason not to be in it, as they may feel it harms their Champions League qualification chances.

For Saints I can think of no valid reason why we shouldn't be in it. Unless the feeling is that we can/should be able to bypass the Europa and qualify for the CL (which is a totally unrealistic suggestion as far as I'm concerned).

I'm bedwetting on 11:36 - May 12 with 1977 viewstrotsky

But your response implies that the Europa is a through-route to the CL, and there's no evidence for that. Teams that have qualified through their league performance since the group stages were introduced in 2004 are:

Middlesbrough
Newcastle
Everton
Bolton
West Ham
Blackburn
Spurs
Aston Villa
Liverpool
Fulham

Only Spurs and Liverpool have had a tilt at the CL since then, and their latest qualifications came in seasons when they weren't in the EL.

Leaping into the CL is a big ask for any team of our size, but the EL is pretty much the death knell for it happening, and is more likely to set us rolling down a gradual downhill slope like many of the above.

It's crap that these are seemingly the only options to all but the big boys, but hey - that's modern football, and the EL exists to promote the status quo.

I'm bedwetting on 11:37 - May 12 with 1972 viewsbarry_sanchez

If the club does not want European football they should dissolve as anyone who thinks we can break into the top 4 is a fuc king bellend and on smack.

I'm bedwetting on 13:14 - May 12 with 1910 viewsredblooded

They should create a right for the semi final teams in the Europa, to have playoffs in the CL the following season, gives doing well an added bonus.

LOVE and PEACE man! not you skate!
Poll: Stoke v Southampton prediction

I'm bedwetting on 23:50 - May 16 with 1781 viewshedgeend61

Well, I got the first part right for a change, ye of little faith.

Never give up on the boys, lets hope City win Sunday, Arsenal lose, and Everton and Stoke put on a show for their home fans next week, like we did today.

I'm bedwetting on 07:10 - May 17 with 1716 viewsdune

Oh ffs, by that cheerful logic, and I'm not disputing the fact that what you say IS FACT, we should get knocked out of the league cup at the first hurdle, get knocked out of the FA cup in the third round, put out a team of reserves at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, and the Emirates. In fact why don't we just wind the club up now and be done with it and redevelop St Mary's into luxury flats.

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

I'm bedwetting on 07:44 - May 17 with 1700 viewsericofarabia

Passion ......... Good post Dune !!

I'm bedwetting on 11:18 - May 17 with 1632 viewsDystopia

Alternatively the only teams to have qualified for the champions league in the same time frame are
Newcastle
Man U
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
Tottenham
Man city
Everton

If you take out the big teams of Man U, Chelsea, Man City, all the others are on your list suggesting that the only way to break into the big teams is to feature in the Europa league. I'm not saying that getting Europa league won't hinder us at all in the league but we need it to help raise our reputation
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024