Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? 17:28 - May 18 with 3828 viewsBertandErnie

This has been a bit of a bugbear of mine for some time now as to whether those who describe themselves as NAPM (Not a Penny More) say they'll go and watch Blackpool away from home but won't put a penny in the Oyston's pockets.

I totally understand this and if I didn't love watching Blackpool and meet up with my mates on a Saturday might join them. However, I was at Derby earlier in the year when we were royally stuffed and my afternoon started listening to four guys in front of me say how they'd not gone in Bloomfield Road all season, they hated Oyston, thought Clark was a puppet and asked where was the investment in the team?

So here's the question - if you're funding other sides by going to away games and starving your own club of funds (even though we know they aren't short of a few bob) have you got a right to complain if that side is crap?

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 17:34 - May 18 with 3822 viewshopinandwishin

If you don't pay your licence fee you can't complain if you think the BBC is crap - so in a word no.

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 20:58 - May 18 with 3806 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

There is a lot of non-sensical cutting your nose off to spite your face going on at the moment. If they enjoy going to away games where we don't have a team capable of winning a game due to further cuts in budget then so be it. I bet they tire of it eventually though.

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 21:19 - May 18 with 3802 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Hey Bert

I think that these folk exist mainly in theory, rather than fact. Our away support has dropped sharply in the last couple of years, to the extent it's almost down to the 200 or so you always saw away from home in the bad old days. Most of whom were STHs.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 23:15 - May 18 with 3786 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Not quite true that though Robbie
BLT crew being some of the most loyal away but a lot of whom sit out home games
I'm expecting our away followings to go up a lot next year as the travelling distances are more NW friendly - the Championship had a lot of Southern games

#footballfirst

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 23:18 - May 18 with 3780 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

TAM

it might go up next season. But I don't think you were at any of the last half dozen or so away games. 200 is being kind, much of the time.

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 23:34 - May 18 with 3776 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Last 5 fixtures

Cardiff - 6hrs plus ( couldn't go due to family do in evening - more than my life was worth )
Derby ( Tues night - I couldn't go because of work commitments as we had an evening meeting )
Bolton ( was going but went to States last min to see my son )
Ipswich - 6hrs plus ( BLT were staying over so meant driving on my own )
Bournemouth - 6hrs plus ( in Germany watching Dortmund )

I might have done some of those longer trips if it had just been up to me but had other considerations for reasons you can probably guess

Last year I did 4 out of those 5

I actually wasn't on about me anyway - rather the BLT regulars

#footballfirst

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 23:35 - May 18 with 3771 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I wasn't having a pop. Just saying the numbers were very low - from a low starting point.

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 23:41 - May 18 with 3764 viewsTwelveAngryMen

I didn't take it that way -just pointing out a lot were long trips
But of those games I'd say NAPM were quite well represented - I know BLT took numbers and of them I'd say only a few go in at home - the rest met in Sam Tai ( you and I know who )
[Post edited 19 May 2015 5:56]

#footballfirst

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 05:29 - May 19 with 3737 viewswe_are_Superior

Going back to the original post it's an interesting one because 10 years ago I'd have said they had no right to complain but with the parachute payments which I'd like to think were ours collectively I think the O's should be investing whatever the home crowds for that exact reason!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 20:17 - May 25 with 3699 viewsSouthPier

I think the problem with the title of the o/p post is whether you pay to watch us at home or not we're all Blackpool fans and we all know how much the club has earned. So the simple answer is yes they can complain if we're crap because it should never have got to this stage.

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 20:25 - May 25 with 3694 viewsHodderSeasider

If people could be certain that football generated money, including gate receipts, was going to be reinvested into the playing side of the "business", then I am sure a lot more would pay over their money. We all know from experience that this is not the case, so I do not blame those who wish to stay away!

Can the NAPM who travel away complain if we're crap? on 11:05 - May 26 with 3663 viewsSouthPier

When I was going to Bloomfield Road 20 years ago I always used to persuade myself that my entrance fee was going to a player I liked and not some idiot. So last season my entrance fee went to O'Hara and none of it when in the wage packets of most of the other incompetents!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024