Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Cole Eulogy.. 09:15 - Aug 22 with 3774 viewsDiscodroids

There did seem to be a fair bit of Love For George on here when he passed Recently. I stumbled across This and thought for those of us interested it would be good to share.

its only a couple of mins long and a wonderful, emotional tribute from dennis waterman that made me laugh and blub a bit in equal measure.

there is also an incredible site that must be a real labour of love for its creator. If your a huge devote of the MINDER series as i am its worth checking out, even if your not, its worth 5 minutes to check out west london as it used to be.

http://www.minder.org/

[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 9:19]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

George Cole Eulogy.. on 09:42 - Aug 22 with 3731 viewsLblock

Nice stuff
I like the Minder site and it does bring back memories

Minder will always be in my heart for numerous reasons
My uncle was on the production team
One of my Godfathers was in it a few times
And, most importantly, it's the first "proper"programmes I remember watching with my Dad. I can still hear that twangy Thames TV jingle and the two halves of the screen come together (St Paul's and Tower Bridge was it?) and then the the opening bars of "I could be so good for you". Loved it
I started saving for a Ford Capri Ghia when I was 14 years old on the strength of the opening credits and The Proffessionals....never did get one!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

George Cole Eulogy.. on 09:42 - Aug 22 with 3721 viewsRecoilboss

"The world is your lobster Terrence."

George Cole Eulogy.. on 09:48 - Aug 22 with 3701 viewsRecoilboss

I met Terrence (Waterman) a few times when I worked as a tape op at DJM studios, late 70s. DJM records was the label which released said Minder theme song.

He was always absolutely pissed as a fart.

George Cole Eulogy.. on 09:56 - Aug 22 with 3677 viewsDiscodroids

oh my good gawd still got a pint on the go

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

George Cole Eulogy.. on 10:00 - Aug 22 with 3662 viewsDiscodroids

Because of Terrance, I got a capri m 2, in' 86 straight After i passed my driving test in ilford. £700 for the fkr and the steering rack broke on the way Home .

If i went over 70mph on the a13, the front end of the car used to take off like thunderbird 2..

George Cole Eulogy.. on 10:00 - Aug 22 with 3660 viewsPommyhoop

Gawd Bless you Arfa as Dave the barman would say.

Love this pic. The UK and the World's two favourite wide boys.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

George Cole Eulogy.. on 10:01 - Aug 22 with 3658 viewsTheBlob

Great stuff.

There was always the rumour back in the day that George was Alastair Sim's illegitimate son
Loved Minder to death,proper script but now they're airbrushing some of the "non-pc" content the bastards....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

George Cole Eulogy.. on 10:14 - Aug 22 with 3623 viewsizlingtonhoop

I'm not gonna watch that, Disco, the morning before a match, I need to be up. But thanks I'll enjoy it tomorrow.

Minder. For me the best British TV series ever made. There was even one on yesterday I don't remember seeing - all the way through at least. Mel Smith playing the hard man, and pulling it off.

Wonderful.

Large VaT Dave.
On the slate.

George Cole Eulogy.. on 10:16 - Aug 22 with 3610 viewsDiscodroids

Fair enough mate, i was feeling a bit melancholy this morning.

George Cole Eulogy.. on 10:30 - Aug 22 with 3585 viewspaulparker

Great site that Disco, used to lurk on there as well as here "when working" , ha ha
I think the forum had shut down for a while after a few posters had words , (see even on a minder site people have difference's)

oh my gawd is my favourite Arthur expression
god bless Arthur, Tel, Dave, Confident clive, shammy, Justine,tasty tim, second hand sid, wally west , scotch Harry , debs, penny, jonesey, rycott, chilsolm and all who drank in the Winchester ,
only in west London do you get those character's and pubs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

George Cole Eulogy.. on 10:32 - Aug 22 with 3579 viewsloftboy

Good to see you back Disco

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

George Cole Eulogy.. on 11:13 - Aug 22 with 3547 viewsPommyhoop

Gawd bless you Arfa.
RIP George.

you have to click the words at the top..
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 11:13]

George Cole Eulogy.. on 11:15 - Aug 22 with 3536 viewsMrSheen

Does anyone remember a series he was in called "Don't Forget to Write"? I was obsessed with at as a 14-year-old. It was about a scriptwriter with Writer's Block and was described as a comedy without jokes. Cole's character was depressed and alcoholic but he was still riveting to watch. On the brink of adult despair, as a junior Joy Division fan, I lapped it up.

George Cole Eulogy.. on 11:20 - Aug 22 with 3518 viewsPommyhoop

never heard of it Mr S . Just found this though..Fill ya boots.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024