Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

5 days left on 09:17 - Aug 26 with 2110 viewsSaintNick

Why not wait till the last day before moaning, you never know what might happen in the next few days

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 days left on 09:33 - Aug 26 with 2085 viewssaints__fan__73

We've made no effort to sign a striker to share the load with Pelle. He was knackered last season by October after playing one game a week, this season he is playing two. Jay Rod is nowhere near being back to here he was pre-injury, Long is not a goalscorer, Juanmi is more Who-he? and Mani looks as if his head's in Manchester.

Couple with a powderpuff midfield and a shaky defence we will do well not to be in a relegation battle.

Still, as Nick always tells us, there's more to football than results on the pitch and we will be the most profitable club in the land which Liebherr will be ecstatic about. I've heard when the next set of results are out we will be holding an open-top bus parade where the balance sheet will be held aloft for the fans to cheer.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

5 days left on 09:35 - Aug 26 with 1994 viewsSonicBoom

God how many times do we have to explain this?

Regardless of how soon you want a player to join, he cannot and will not until the selling club agree to let him go. There is nothing we can do about this.
We want players the day the window opens but this is just not possible. Blaming the club is simply wrong.

I can only explain this to you. I cannot understand it for you.

5 days left on 09:36 - Aug 26 with 1979 viewsDel_Bianco

I think we should sign every available player as soon as the window is open. That way we will have loads and loads of signings, they might not be any good or the players we actually want but it'll mean that they are in place NOW NOW NOW.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

5 days left on 09:53 - Aug 26 with 1936 viewssaints__fan__73

We can blame the club if they aren't even looking. Unless Ronnie is telling porkies, we are only after a defender which, for the 2nd season, in a row means we have no direct replacement for Pelle. Last season, only playing once a week, he went through a patch when he scored something like 3 in 20 games and it looks like we are destined for a repeat this season.

5 days left on 10:14 - Aug 26 with 1902 viewsSonicBoom

I agree about last year. We needed to replace Pelle and the guy was flogged to death even when not playing well but this year we have JR back so perhaps the club feel they have other options now what with him and Juanmi.
That saves us 15 million for another striker.

You might not agree with that policy but that might be their idea.

5 days left on 10:26 - Aug 26 with 1854 viewssaints__fan__73

Yep, but it is a gamble tho. The club seems to like these as in getting in a keeper in who has barely played for 2 seasons is a gamble.

As long as all the gambles pay off it's fine but the downside for them not is massive.

5 days left on 10:32 - Aug 26 with 1837 viewsbirminghamsaint

I'm looking forward to see which club is desparate enough to take Gaston on loan at the last minute.

5 days left on 10:41 - Aug 26 with 1802 viewsTheKraken

So we have JRod, Long and Mane who all play up front but that's not enough. We need more more more!! 5 strikers, nay 6, that's how many we need. All other clubs have got that many.

The sense of self-entitlement on here astounds me.

5 days left on 10:48 - Aug 26 with 1782 viewsDel_Bianco

Dont forget we also need 5 goalkeepers and 5 centre backs. In fact with those plus the 6 strikers we need we're going to be well short at full back and midfield as we are going to have to fill those 5-6 positions with just 9 players. We lack depth in midfiled and full back, come on Ron any news on a midfielder??!

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015

5 days left on 10:51 - Aug 26 with 1767 viewsTheKraken

I'm astonished at the lack of planning that has left us down to the bare bones IN ALL AREAS.

It's a shambles and we'll be relegated because of it.

5 days left on 11:13 - Aug 26 with 1726 viewsdirk_doone

" there's more to football than results on the pitch and we will be the most profitable club in the land which Liebherr will be ecstatic about. I've heard when the next set of results are out we will be holding an open-top bus parade where the balance sheet will be held aloft for the fans to cheer. "

I think we will sign van Dijk for 12 million on deadline day, plus yet another attacking midfielder ( we seem to like signing them).

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

5 days left on 11:46 - Aug 26 with 1684 viewssaints__fan__73

If Pelle does his crutiate today, who plays instead of him? Mane is not the same type of player, Jay Rod is not fit (and played poorly when played instead of rather alongside Lambert in the past) and Long is not good enough.

We have lots of options in the wide areas but only Pelle in that position. (which is exactly why Pelle has played every game of the season and is NEVER subbed. If we have all these other options why do we never use them? I can't remember the last time Pelle was even subbed much less rested for few games.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 11:47]

5 days left on 11:51 - Aug 26 with 1658 viewsHappy_Jack

He was subbed against Watford

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

5 days left on 11:56 - Aug 26 with 1635 viewssaintandy11

He's to busy changing his wet bed sheets to actually watch Saints play

5 days left on 11:57 - Aug 26 with 1635 viewsDel_Bianco

and rested against Chelsea away last season, where with Long up front we looked very good and caused them problems.

5 days left on 12:00 - Aug 26 with 1626 viewsdirk_doone

Pelle is a good player and he scores a lot of important goals, but on the very rare occasions when he has been dropped or subbed, allowing Mane to play as a central striker, our attack has looked so much more dangerous.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

5 days left on 12:05 - Aug 26 with 1601 viewsTheKraken

Oh dear Bradley. As others have already pointed out, the "NEVER" subsituted Pelle was subbed in our very last game. He was also subbed a few times towards the end of last season.

Also in the second half of the season (as Del rightly says) we played more oftenwith a Long/Mane combination, which worked well. With JRod to add to that mix when he's fully match sharp it's another option for Koeman.

Pelle is clearly the first choice lone striker, and Koeman has a lot of faith in him. He obviously doesn't want a direct replacement for him as he has plenty of other options. Which is fair enough IMO.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 12:07]

5 days left on 12:27 - Aug 26 with 1541 viewsaids_victim

Sign everyone and sell nobody is the TUI way.

The sooner the board realise this is what the fans demand, the better FFS.

GETWITHTHETIMESAIDS xx

"Del_Bianco is a class act" - Aids (28/04/14)
Poll: Who is the Innnernetz Celebrity of TUI?

5 days left on 12:32 - Aug 26 with 1524 viewssaint22

by the next few days you mean last 5 right?

5 days left on 12:35 - Aug 26 with 1518 viewssaint22

if you stop and look at the fact all our strikers struggle to score regularly then maybe you will get it?
Hopefully J Rod will fire on all cylinders again but as everyone knows he needs time, so what? shall we wait till January to correct a problem that we have had since mid season last season?

5 days left on 12:48 - Aug 26 with 1485 viewsBuggalugs

Who do you suggest we go for fella?

......everyone you sign is a gamble.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

5 days left on 12:50 - Aug 26 with 1481 viewssaints__fan__73

For ten minutes. I'm still yet to see these other non Pelle based options you say we have.

5 days left on 12:51 - Aug 26 with 1481 viewssaints__fan__73

Austin would be a great buy. For £15m he's a bargain as he's younger and better than Pelle for a start.

5 days left on 13:02 - Aug 26 with 1458 viewsTheKraken

You need to open your eyes then, if you refuse to see it.

Pelle will be the option when Koeman wants a target man up top. Clearly.

Long and Mane played the whole game against Chelsea away last season. It worked very well and to be fair should have been used more often.

We also had occasions at the back end of the season where we played all 3 of Pelle, Mane and Long. For instance against Aston Villa at home, and I think we'd all agree that worked out alright.

This season JRod is also in the mix. So there's the option to pair him with Long or with Mane, for your non-Pelle option is you're determined to drop him. Or any combination of 3 of those 4 really, plenty of different options that all do different things..

Signing Charlie Autin would be great, but we'd have 5 strikers, and even the top sides don't have that. Lose one and get Austin in, fine, that's an idea. But not one that Koeman seems interested in, and I'm more inclined to follow his judgement than anyone on here.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 13:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024