Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last Minute Freekick 23:34 - Sep 19 with 3806 viewsWilly_WonkR

For those who went today, what are your thoughts on our last minute free kick.

I understand that a draw is a good result and we didn't want to concede a breakaway goal but I was a little disappointed that we didn't try and put in the box or even have a long range shot. We could have put a couple of people in the box at least. Instead we just went for the corner.

What would you have done?

Last Minute Freekick on 23:50 - Sep 19 with 3757 viewsDWQPR

Said at the time that we had nothing to lose by sending everyone up as there was only seconds left. Should have been more positive. Shame really as it was overall a decent performance

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Last Minute Freekick on 09:52 - Sep 20 with 3487 viewsPunteR

Didn't we lose to Liverpool last season in similar circumstances,last minute free kick, floats the ball in and Liverpool get possession and break and score.
Maybe at home we should be more positive but an away point is something worth defending Imo.
Having said that we are talking Hull and not Liverpool.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2015 10:00]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Last Minute Freekick on 10:35 - Sep 20 with 3395 viewsWilly_WonkR

That's true but I think we committed too many forward that day.
I just sticking Austin and Mackie in the box or rolling I to Phillips for a Palace-esque thunderbolt wouldn't have exposed us.

Last Minute Freekick on 11:06 - Sep 20 with 3353 viewsLblock

Agreed

I think a conservative approach needed at that time away from home and a point in the top pocket

It'd be typical R's

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Last Minute Freekick on 12:03 - Sep 20 with 3271 viewsLadbrokeR

L block are you being ironic or are you complimenting Benny ?

Last Minute Freekick on 12:11 - Sep 20 with 3249 viewsTacticalR

It would be a good feature to add to the forum if the degree of irony of any post could be clearly displayed.

Air hostess clique

Last Minute Freekick on 13:35 - Sep 20 with 3140 viewsdaveB

It was down to Austin he sprinted away to the wing and told them to keep it in the corner, i think the number of last minute goals we've conceded in the last year must have had an affect and they just took the point. I would have liked to have seen us try and score but can understand why they did that

Last Minute Freekick on 13:47 - Sep 20 with 3126 viewsNorthernr

Not quite true that we had "nothing to lose" because there was a good 30 seconds played after it was taken and we're more than capable of conceding in that time.

I had mixed feelings about it. I didn't think Hull were that good, particularly the two strikers they started with. Huddleston and Robertson were great but they didn't pose much goal threat. There was a win there for the taking but we'd sort of already missed our chance for that through Chery. Given our record of last minute goals against recently, and on that ground where we've conceded last minute goals on at least two occasions before, I thought it was probably sensible overall.

Last Minute Freekick on 15:29 - Sep 20 with 3009 viewsYorkRanger

I think at that stage we were pleased to have won the free kick and had already concluded that a draw was a good point.

Last Minute Freekick on 16:10 - Sep 20 with 2963 viewsWeaverQPR

I hope in the future Ramsey has the confidence to send people up and try and nick a win. I'd hate to think we will settle for a point all the time

@WeavQPR

Last Minute Freekick on 16:15 - Sep 20 with 2953 viewsFredManRave

What an absolutely fantastic idea.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Last Minute Freekick on 17:57 - Sep 20 with 2865 viewsNorthernr

I think it was the players more than Ramsey. Austin very insistent that we were to keep the ball and head for the corner, waving Angella back.

Last Minute Freekick on 19:46 - Sep 20 with 2731 viewsqpr1976

We committed no one forward v Liverpool. Not a single hooped shirt in their pen area ! We just chipped it to their CB's and gave them the chance to win it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024