Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment 11:56 - Nov 5 with 3413 viewskysersosaqpr

Go for broke (your wasting a fortune on paying off managers contracts anyway) and get Brendan Rogers in to build a long term dynasty. Five years on whatever he wants, get the training facilities sorted now, and then leave him to it - whether we go up or down!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 12:00 - Nov 5 with 3401 views1BobbyHazell

Cool, he could bring Suarez and Sterling with him.

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 12:19 - Nov 5 with 3351 viewsAntti_Heinola

And if not Rodgers, Pep Guardiola!

Give me strength. Rodgers.

Bare bones.

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 12:21 - Nov 5 with 3344 viewsQPunkR

Would we get another bunch of money for a sell-on sell-on clause for Sterling?

QPR - "shit but local"

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 12:26 - Nov 5 with 3309 viewsjohncharles

Fernandes gave Ramsey a three year contract. He could give the next manager a ten year contract and he'd still be gone at the end of the season.
Depressing isn't it ?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 12:28]

Strong and stable my arse.

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 14:53 - Nov 5 with 3175 viewslondonscottish

Yeah. And the booing will start in December.

Although I'm actually going to start on Saturday. Get my views heard nice and early.

Feeling quite indignant already, hoping to feel angry when I wake up tomorrow and will be aiming to work up a simmering rage well in time for kick off on Saturday.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 14:55 - Nov 5 with 3168 viewssimmo

Somebody on Twitter yeaterday replied to Rowan Vines sarcastic suggestion of Rodgers by saying that they wouldn't want him.

On what planet do people think that Brendan Rodgers would come to QPR?? I admire your intention, but the example is founded in fantasy.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 14:56 - Nov 5 with 3158 viewsNorthernr

"QPR want quick appointment" - Sky headline.

Let's go round again...

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 15:40 - Nov 5 with 3067 viewsdaveB

sod long term dynasty, get someone in who can beat Preston then a new man for the Middlesbrough game

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 15:43 - Nov 5 with 3055 viewsJonDoeman

They should take their time, I don't think any manager gets this lot up this season. Have to say I'm a bit worried about the sudden desperation for promotion & what that might mean.

It Is What It Is !!

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 15:50 - Nov 5 with 3042 viewsvegasranger

There should be a proper interview process. All this talk of long term is a bit pie in sky though. With the money the owners have spent and the players we have, promotion is necessary. Medium and long term are the training ground / youth set up and new stadium. From what I heard Ramsay & Ferdinand conned Fernandes with a promise of playing the youth. Of course not mentioning that they will struggle to impress in Div 1. So we end with few old lags and slow unbalanced squad yet again. I would say the only player these two dumbo's bought that has really proved himself is Grant Hall.Ramsay has somehow made the youth dept even worse than it was before bringing in a few old mates.

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 18:29 - Nov 5 with 2969 viewsterryb

A long term commitment?

For TF that would be no longer than one month ahead!

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 19:37 - Nov 5 with 2918 viewsVancouverHoop

A proper interview process requires that those doing the hiring have a clear idea of who they want, and what they want them to achieve over a realistic period of time.

There is absolutely no evidence our current board can hold to a specific set of hiring criteria for longer than a week or two – perhaps a month tops.

No one with any sort of footballing pedigree is going to come to QPR for anything except a cast iron long-term contract that gives them a big pay-off. I mean just look at our record as employers. It speaks for itself.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 19:37]

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 09:37 - Nov 6 with 2784 viewswhittocksRs

OP.

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 09:42 - Nov 6 with 2767 viewsVish

Can't see a long term commitment being made after announcing the reasons for sacking Ramsey.

The fact we're so desperate for promotion probably highlights we're even more skint than we thought which is worrying.

Expect another short term appointment.

Not sure how long it will be before we hear 'sack the board' chants...

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 09:44 - Nov 6 with 2765 viewsdaveB

Problem is it's not easy to have a proper interview process in football. Unless you are desperate for work, and in all likelihood that is someone you wouldn't want, then managers don't go for an interview unless they know they are going to get the job.

In an ideal world we'd be speaking to Pearson, Jimmy Floyd, Kenny Jackett etc but we'd need permission from clubs to do that and managers are not likely to risk their current job by going for a job interview with no guarantee of getting the job. Pearson will not want to be seen as being turned down by QPR so will only come if we offer him the job. Football is like no other industry, any club that takes time and holds interviews are seen as indecisive.

Oh and Brenden Rodgers, please, lets get back to the real world

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 09:52 - Nov 6 with 2744 viewsPommyhoop

I said much the same thing when people were moaning that there were no interviews before Ramsey got the job proper.
Just because there wasn't a sign up saying ''Shhh Interviews in progress '' doesn't mean that Clement and Sherwood and possibly others were not ''sounded out'' ,'' approached'' or whatever else you want to call it.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2015 9:54]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 09:57 - Nov 6 with 2738 viewsDejR_vu

Just because they want a quick appointment doesn't mean they haven't been planning. If we were still relying on TF and Beard I would put money on it being the current flavour of the month. But the one apparently decent appointment made by TF has been Lee Hoos. I'm hoping he is heavily involved. If it's an out of work name then we know it's business as usual. If not, then there's hope.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 10:00 - Nov 6 with 2732 viewsVish

Can't see how they have been planning if midway through the season they've decided to change expectations of what they want from a manager.

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 10:00 - Nov 6 with 2730 viewsTacticalR

Long term commitment. Is that like Mike Rigg's 10 year plan?

Let's face it, long term commitment is just another short term fad at QPR.

As to Rodgers, didn't we agree a strict 'no marsupials' policy?

Air hostess clique

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 10:05 - Nov 6 with 2714 viewsDejR_vu

Planning is always having a dossier on a dozen potential appointments so that when the current manager leaves you already know who you want.

It's clearly the board's decision to change but a decent Chief Executive will have been making plans in the background whether he thinks a change is imminent or not.

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 10:08 - Nov 6 with 2706 viewsTheBlob

How is it possible to plan long term with so many variables and X The Unknowns? You're dealing with humans here,anything could happen - and generally does.
Like saying when do you know you've discovered an immortality serum?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 10:15 - Nov 6 with 2685 viewsDejR_vu

But are there that many variables? The ground is what it is, the training ground is what it is (and it's nowhere near as bad as many on here seem to think), there are no youth players to speak of at the moment.

They want to be in the Premier League. The two teams that came down with us are sitting first and second. We are 13th. I would imagine the brief for the new manager is very clear.

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 10:23 - Nov 6 with 2664 viewsTheBlob

The unpredictability of circumstances,like building a city on shifting sand.You can't trust humans to behave in an ordered fashion to follow some business and performance template.You just have to adopt a rolling evolutionary method -hell,that's how we all got started in the first place.
God laughs at men making plans.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Just this once, Fernandes, make a long term commitment on 12:47 - Nov 6 with 2596 viewsTacticalR

'There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.'

Donald Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024