Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Killing Joke 20:01 - Nov 5 with 6231 viewsKerryE

I'm taking my 15 year old son to his first gig tomorrow, Killing Joke at the Roundhouse, should be fun.
Jah Wobble on support I just found out.

Anyone on here going?

Killing Joke on 20:03 - Nov 5 with 6220 viewsBluce_Ree

Me!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Killing Joke on 20:06 - Nov 5 with 6206 viewsDiscodroids

you fackin beauty.wish i was.

[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 20:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Killing Joke on 20:11 - Nov 5 with 6182 viewskensalriser

Used to love Killing Joke...as a teenager myself!

Not so familiar with the post mid 80s output though. Anything worth listening to?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Killing Joke on 20:57 - Nov 5 with 6130 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Extremities from around 1990 I think is my favourite album. Pandemonium is excellent too. Not heard the new one yet. The last two album titles escape me but they were both pretty good too. A very consistently great band all round.

Killing Joke on 22:16 - Nov 5 with 6052 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Whats this for was classic. Can't believe believe they are still going.
Enjoy.

Killing Joke on 22:30 - Nov 5 with 6035 viewsTrellick

Love like blood 12" in about 84 was good

Killing Joke on 00:09 - Nov 6 with 5976 viewsSterlingArcher

Looking forward to it at a decent venue. Last time I saw them was at the Southbank with seats !!
A few 'Supers' going, so I'm hoping for a perfect weekend with a QPR WIN !

Killing Joke on 09:25 - Nov 6 with 5904 viewsSimonJames

Very jealous. One of the best gigs I ever went to, Killing Joke supported by Doctor and the Medics (circa 1986, at The Town and Country Club).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Killing Joke on 09:55 - Nov 6 with 5880 viewsKonk

I saw Killing Joke at a half-empty Brixton in 1991 and it's probably one of the best gigs I've ever seen. They were brilliant. Only bought Killing Joke of recent albums, and that's got some good tracks on it. Should be a great gig.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Killing Joke on 10:07 - Nov 6 with 5864 viewslondonscottish

Glasgow Barrowlands for me - maybe 1982?

It went mental when they played Follow the Leader.

Well, even more mental than it already was.

Have a great gig

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Killing Joke on 10:30 - Nov 6 with 5844 viewsTheChef

You lucky so and so.

Love this album, with Dave Grohl on drums.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Killing Joke on 12:04 - Nov 6 with 5797 viewsDrewster

What's This For? Is a fantastic album.
I really wanted to go to this gig, Jah Wobble should be as interesting as support.
Saw Leftfield at the Roundhouse last month and it was stunning, never been to a gig that was so loud, yet the sound quality was perfect.

Last time I saw Killing Joke was about 1983 at the Hammersmith Palais. Mental gig.
They are in session on BBC6 music Marc Riley on Thursday 12th as well.

Have fun tonight Kerry, should be a cracker

Killing Joke on 16:36 - Nov 6 with 5729 viewsKerryE

I was at that Hammersmith gig as well, if you go on you tube there's footage of it filmed for French TV. That my have been the last time I saw them live.

Killing Joke on 16:57 - Nov 6 with 5719 viewsBluce_Ree

I've seen them a lot over the years. Was lucky enough to meet Raven a few years back and have a good chat. Met Jaz and Geordie too. Geordie was a bit up himself which was a shame as he's my all time guitar hero.

New album is like all the recent ones. Full of dreary metal riffs but it has some really good moments too.

Killing Joke on 20:10 - Nov 6 with 5679 viewsraskolnikov

Saw them at Southampton Uni in 1983 - awesome - and several times over five years after that

Killing Joke on 21:28 - Nov 6 with 5658 viewskarl

15, Couldnt get tickets for 1D?

Killing Joke on 00:12 - Nov 7 with 5610 viewsKerryE

We are not amused.

Anyway, top noisy gig, my boy was especially impressed when all the beer went flying as KJ broke into their opening number The Wait.

Killing Joke on 00:49 - Nov 7 with 5594 viewsWindsorHoopMan

My mate Clive Goddard is their sound engineer and works on a load of stuff with Youth. Did you know that Youth did the the England word cup song in 2006 with embrace? My mate produced it, but now is a complete alcoholic shambles and sits at home on the dole with his life in tatters. He was so out of it last year he fell down the stairs and snapped his leg actually in half and didn't realise until his wif came home and saw his shin at a right angle? He tried to escape from hospital that night and got arrested and sectioned? Awful end to a World Cup anthem hero

Killing Joke on 01:14 - Nov 7 with 5579 views100percent

I was there tonight - it was an unforgiving wall of sound.... particular beauties were Requiem, Wardance and Change... seriously sonic.

Killing Joke on 01:17 - Nov 7 with 5576 viewsPunteR

..the hedgehog.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Killing Joke on 02:16 - Nov 7 with 5560 viewsBluce_Ree

KJ were pretty good tonight but the mix was horrible. Couldn't hear Geordie for the first half of the set.

Gig was ruined a bit in the first second. I was near the front, to the side a bit. In front of Geordie sort of. Some c*nt started moshing to The Wait and I got drenched in lager. Inconsiderate c*nt. If I'd have been sure which guy it was he'd be paralysed right now.

Killing Joke on 08:02 - Nov 7 with 5528 viewsSterlingArcher

My favourite number tonight was their version of ' When I'm cleaning windows'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024