Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 14:56 - Feb 15 with 1857 viewsNumber_58

Suarez was actually inside the penalty area (just) when Messi kicked the ball, so technically the kick should have been re-taken (not that refs seem to bother with that law anymore). Personally, I'd like to see the taker attempt a couple of pirouettes or maybe a forward roll before kicking it. A diving header would be worth watching.

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 15:08 - Feb 15 with 1844 viewsBison

This ain't bad

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 15:14 - Feb 15 with 1835 viewssaintandy11

Arrogance of the highest degree. Just taking the p**s and bang out of order. If they wanted Suarez to get his hat trick then why not just let him take the penalty.

Yes you are good and yes you were playing a poorer quality opposition but show some class and a bit of respect and not prove to the rest of the footballing world that you are a complete c**K

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 15:38 - Feb 15 with 1815 viewsGasGiant

"Arrogance"? "Respect?" This is professional football we're talking about. Those qualities vanished years ago. Cheating, I mean "Simulation" - is so much part of the game it is practiced on the training ground. Players feign injury to gain time, lose time - There isn't a goal celebration that isn't designed to goad the opposition players and fans.
So we're talking about a legitimate tactic to score a goal, not the state opening of parliament. What does arrogance and respect have to do with it? Is this some kind of parallel universe we're in here?

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 16:10 - Feb 15 with 1776 viewskingslandstand1

You are right about the modern game of course but the point is, and no matter what we think, it is not against the rules so nothing wrong at all!

As I said earlier, i think it smacks of rubbing the opposition's nose in it and would be nothing wrong at a testimonial, but not a top league game - would have loved it if Suarez had missed it

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 16:31 - Feb 15 with 1750 viewsWints76

I can see why people think it is disrespectful, but the Celta keeper and manager didn't seem that bothered by the way it was taken.

Football should be entertainment, and the front 3 of Barca provided one of the most mesmerising 45 minutes I think I have seen on a football pitch last night. A joy to watch

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 16:46 - Feb 15 with 1736 viewskingslandstand1

Wonder if they privately think that? Biggest problem I've got based on my general thoughts on it is that the 2 biggest tossers in the footballing (punditry) world, Ian Holloway and Adrian Durham, are saying it's disrespectful and I can't have myself agreeing with them!!!!

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 17:21 - Feb 15 with 1719 viewsWints76

Ha ha, I did read that Holloway disagreed with me and got a warm glow :-)

Lyndsey Hipgrave has been getting a rough time on Twitter for saying it was disrespectful. Should be all about opinions and it's good to talk about it

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 17:26 - Feb 15 with 1707 viewsUmPahars

A bit disappointed with Messi if I'm honest. Thought it was arrogant, disrespectful and unbecoming of such a great player (if I was the oppos fullback, if I could have got near him after that showboating, then he would have got the Benali/Fashanu treatment.

Always thought he was well grounded, respectful and decent fella. Not a show off in the way say C Ronaldo is or a bit of unlikeable kn00b like Suarez.

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 17:38 - Feb 15 with 1683 viewscheltenhamsaint

It is the sort of thing Leeds United would have done on the 4th March 1972 had we actually got close enough to a Leeds player to give away a penalty.
With that memory it gets a thumbs down from me.

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 18:07 - Feb 15 with 1659 viewsDel_Bianco

Why is it disrespectful? If anything it's paying a compliment to the keeper that messi decided against a shot and would rather square it to a player who couldn't miss. Everyone takes everything so serious these days. People where whinging the other week about Real Madrid battering some team who had 3 players sent off, tough sh-t that's life.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 18:11 - Feb 15 with 1649 viewsHappy_Jack

When Pires and Henry tried it things didn't go quite so well.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 21:12 - Feb 15 with 1561 viewskingslandstand1

Thank Christ for the half time whistle .........................

The Messi/Suarez penalty on 04:32 - Feb 16 with 1474 viewsTijuanaTim

Faking injury, asking for cards and this sorta schit vs a clearly well beaten team irritates my old school mindset. Hey Messi, try that schit against Real when's it 1-1, and 'helping' the little turd, racist biter Suarez...I could be a slight bit more tolerant if it was a Xavi or Iniesta you were setting up....but that septic, buck toothed (unt??

If the press had any balls left they'd give him a torrent of cringingly uncomfortable questions to ask him afterward..."so Lio, your pens have been so weak lately, we can conclude you weren't man enough to shoot yourself?", or "so you gave Suarez that totally unnecessary tap to reward his wonderful behavior over the recent years?", or "Senor Messi, would you agree that was a 100% classless thing to do against an already demoralized opponent, akin to the actions of a bully!", or "when you pull a completely cheap trick like that, wouldn't you agree that should have been man enough to step up and insist it retaken as the historically cheating Suarez was clearly encroaching?" Or "how did you feel when Bayern did that to you in the Champs League last season, oh that's right, even the Germans have enough class not to do that chickeschit"

Mark my words, someone from that team will kick a huge lump out of him next time they play

Look out the Saints are coming through and it's all over now baby blue...
Poll: Saints Greatest Traditional CF

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024