Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alvin Lee 22:51 - Mar 6 with 1444 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Much over-looked.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Alvin Lee on 23:03 - Mar 6 with 1430 viewsted_hendrix

Me and the Missus were lucky enough to see Ten Years After at Reading Uni years ago, he stood there and said "This is called I'm going home", brought the house down.

Think Big Red.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Alvin Lee on 01:09 - Mar 7 with 1394 viewsbarabajagal

Yes, he was a great and contemporary to Hendrix, and dare I say, held his own in that league. Leo Lyons was my hero when I first started playing bass. I bet that live they were untouchable, never saw them.

Alvin Lee on 04:12 - Mar 7 with 1375 viewstimcocking

That's impressive skills. Not something I actually like to listen to really, but can't fault the skills.

My mate's dad played with Jimi a few times. He (mate's dad) can play behind his head and with his teeth (not at the same time)! In fact, so did Rod his son, who was in our band on the guitar.

Alvin Lee on 09:02 - Mar 7 with 1331 viewsMonahoop

One of my favourite guitarists who encompassed several genres in his playing, blues, jazz, folk and rock. Britain's answer to Rory Gallagher and both sadly gone. Glad I saw them both.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Alvin Lee on 09:16 - Mar 7 with 1308 viewsTheBlob

Oh yeah,Ten Years After.Caught them a couple of times at the Eden Park Hotel sarf London and elsewhere.I think there was a French film about Alvin Lee called the fastest guitar in the west or something....
He didn't deserve an end like that though.Stay out of hospitals if you're of a certain age.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Alvin Lee on 20:06 - Mar 7 with 1234 viewsderbyhoop

Saw him back in about 1975 at a pub on the Fulham Palace Road. Sensationally quick hands.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024