Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AGM announced. 14:37 - Mar 31 with 7026 viewsdingdangblue

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/notice-of-agm-3034663.aspx

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

AGM announced. on 16:13 - Mar 31 with 4402 viewsaleanddale

Subject Headers you will never see on any bURY forum!!

AGM announced. on 16:23 - Mar 31 with 4372 viewsSandyman

Having read the accounts, they declare a profit. Something else you won't see at a bury AGM

AGM announced. on 17:03 - Mar 31 with 4293 viewsR17ALE

Ieed. A loss of £65,500 in the year up to 2014 has been transformed into a profit of £1.4m.

Turnover up from £3m to £5m

Not got through it all yet, but on first glance it makes impressive reading if you take your club's finances seriously as responsible football fans should do.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

AGM announced. on 17:24 - Mar 31 with 4251 viewsjudd

But for the Bradford away attendance we'd be fooked.

Poll: What is it to be then?

AGM announced. on 18:09 - Mar 31 with 4183 views442Dale

It illustrates how effective the work done when negotiating transfers fees is. Full credit to those involved in that. Hopefully that extra profit can be passed onto supporters and potential supporters when ticketing prices are announced on the 18th.

Also, and you may be able to confirm this R17, wouldn't the fees we received for players sold in the last accounting period only be half of the amount with the second half showing in accounts released next year? If so, there's plenty to come too, it'll be interesting to see which players contributed to that amount.

This should finally shut up some supporters of other clubs who question how we operate as a club with low crowds. The figures are there in black and white.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

AGM announced. on 18:13 - Mar 31 with 4162 viewsD_Alien

By all accounts, you're not keen on red, are you?

[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 18:15]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

AGM announced. on 18:21 - Mar 31 with 4133 viewsrobbowood

I would have thought the money we receive from 'add-ons' for players sold in the past will be included in the accounting period relating to the date the money was received in our bank account????

AGM announced. on 18:24 - Mar 31 with 4105 views442Dale

Aye, and those we sold in the accounting period will continue to make the club money down the line. These deals are something we excel at.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

AGM announced. on 19:16 - Mar 31 with 4015 viewsR17ALE

Once upon a time a transfer fee was paid 50% up front and 50% within 12 months.

I presume a similar system still operates.

The £1.8m received between 1/6/2014 to 31/05/15 will include money from the likes of Hogan, Dawson and O'Grady and even Joe Thompson.

The next set of figures will include the money we received, for example, for George Donnelly, presumably next to a picture of Dick Turpin!

You'll have to work out who we sold (and when) and work it out for yourself!

AGM announced. on 20:10 - Mar 31 with 3940 viewsColDale

The stadium purchase cost us £250,000. I think I'm right in saying that the existing shares were valued at £690,000, so all in all not a bad deal.

AGM announced. on 20:32 - Mar 31 with 3886 viewsdingdangblue

With Brentford having such a rich owner I wouldn't be surprised if we had got all the Hogan money up front.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

AGM announced. on 22:12 - Mar 31 with 3748 viewsSandyman

Overall, as a non-qualified accountant but with some experience in these matters, the latest set of accounts are the stuff of dreams. No bull, and a vast profit made by good business, and in good preparation for keeping the club solvent and competitive in League One. A fantastic piece of work by RAFC's directors.

To think we could have a faux sugar daddy, numerous CCJ's, debts payable to fantasy loanees at mind-boggling interest rates, numerous false promises for financial growth and an overpaid squad that can't get anywhere near little Rochdale, and be very late in filing accounts that declare humongous losses that cannot be afforded, to the personal benefit of said sugar daddy and his friends.

Fans, directors, manager and players singing with one voice (mostly) at Spotland.

UP THE DALE

AGM announced. on 13:08 - Apr 1 with 3499 views100notout

Well we are owed over £600k in trade debtors, a lot of which I presume relates to transfer fees not yet received.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

AGM announced. on 13:15 - Apr 1 with 3485 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The only "fly in the ointment" is that the Club NEED/MUST maintain these transfer deals to keep afloat?

Is there any player that might be picked up by a bigger Club?

AGM announced. on 13:19 - Apr 1 with 3476 viewsdingdangblue

I hear Burnley are keeping tabs on young Callum.

AGM announced. on 13:33 - Apr 1 with 3446 viewsaleanddale

A perennial problem currently.

We have always had to sell ( or a bloody good cup run ) to balance the books.

Thankfully we have been brilliant at this in recent times.

Hopefully now we have a chance through stadium sponsorship etc to reduce the pressure to sell our young stars of the future.

If burnley get promoted and still table a bid what do we recon Camps is worth?

Must be £1 000 000 plus.

AGM announced. on 13:59 - Apr 1 with 3387 viewsTalkingSutty

Not a problem thats unique to us though,the overwhelming majority of Clubs outside the Championship must have to sell players to survive. The ones who go down another route just gamble with the very existence of their club,probably because the Chairman never had any affinity with it in the first place. You've got to do your time before you can profess undying love to a Football Club and be believed.

They should build a statue of Keith Hill outside the main entrance to the ground,he was good the first time but now he's even better. He's got to take massive credit for not only identifying and improving players to sell on but also being able to provide another promotion winning team at the same time.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 18:43]

AGM announced. on 14:01 - Apr 1 with 3383 viewsdingdangblue

As a well run league 1 club now - I dont see why Camps should go anywhere on the cheap. Ideally you want a few clubs competing for his talents. With money in the bank we can certainly command a better fee than normal. I'm always amazed at Peterborough's transfer dealings but being bankrolled by a multi millionaire means they can afford to turn down any offers they deem unacceptable. They can basically set their own term most of the time.
Incidentally Burnley have just announced record profits of 30 million and have cleared all their debts. If they get promoted this season it would be an ideal time for clubs selling to them to cash in on their windfall.

AGM announced. on 17:20 - Apr 1 with 3225 viewsD_Alien

The issue here isn't accepting bids that are lower than other clubs seem to hold out for, it's having release clauses in contracts which allows players the option to move if a bid of a certain level is put in.

The club should review the level at which the transfer clause kicks in. We probably can't change existing contracts, but those up for renewal or when signing new players can be.

The thing about that though, is having a relatively low threshold might just allow us to attract players to the club on slightly lower wages, especially those of the broken toy variety. At some stage, we'll need to up that ante.

AGM announced. on 18:58 - Apr 1 with 3136 viewsdingdangblue

I cant imagine Camps at 20 and only in his 1st real season playing regular would have a release clause?

AGM announced. on 19:08 - Apr 1 with 3113 viewsD_Alien

The transfers that've attracted a negative response have tended not to involve young players we've nurtured ourselves though. I didn't hear anyone complaining about the terms of the Dawson transfer for instance.

I know you were referring to Camps, but my point was that it's been established players such as Matty Done who've moved on for less (in some people's opinion) than market value, and the two shouldn't be confused.

AGM announced. on 20:52 - Apr 1 with 3038 views49thseason

The fact that there is even more TV money coming into football will inevitably increase transfer fees and salaries. The good thing about running in the black and developing our own players is that we can accrue money in the bank whilst other clubs spend larger amounts of money buying exactly the same players without any real benefit to their balance sheets. Much better to be the seller in this market than the buyer.
Ultimately our cash-at-the-bank can be put into developing better facilities and creating more revenue channels rather than being spent on players to the exclusion of building the business.

AGM announced. on 20:53 - Apr 1 with 3038 viewspioneer

Good point - I think Will Buckley is the only other home grown player to go on to significantly better arrangements. We have been far more successful (financially) with mending broken toys. Lets hope the current crop of youngsters can be a better source of significant cash injections.

AGM announced. on 07:37 - Apr 2 with 2862 viewsR17ALE

On your last point, there have been supporters of another club who have sought to seek comfort in the 'fact' we have been overspending on gates of 1800 and we should be asking questions about where the money is coming from.

To such mongs, I refer you to the transfer income column of £1.8m, without which we'd have made an annual loss of £400,000. But with which, a profit of £1.4m has been raised. Which equals 3.5 years continued existence if we cannot sell another player or have a cup run, or fail to make revenue out of a ground we now own 100%.

AGM announced. on 08:08 - Apr 2 with 2839 viewsSwissdale

When did you get them? I used to have them posted to me every year but haven't received them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024