Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 17:32 - Apr 16 with 3064 viewssolent_toffee

You couldnt beat Evertons reserves including two academy players. Maybe Saints arent as good as you think?

Everton were there for the taking because they have a bigger game to be up for next week. I would have gladly played eleven academy players. Hopefully Martinez will in the game midweek.

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 17:35 - Apr 16 with 3048 viewsdirk_doone

Agree with most of that, Tim. But, Long was given a couple of chances to run through the middle and score, and when he was just a few yards in front of goal, he chose to turn and pass the ball away from the danger area.

We were a bit unlucky with shots hitting the woodwork and getting deflections off defenders.

Everton remain our bogey team, even when they play that badly.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 17:37]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 18:24 - Apr 16 with 2964 viewsTijuanaTim

Our 'reserves' beat Arsenal 4-0. How many points are on offer vs Liverpool, how many were on offer today? Unprofessional, naive and immaturely romantic strategy.

What are you expecting from the derby and semi, because by your (reserve) thinking, if you'd played your starters you'd've expected to win today.

Everton in any way, shape or form were over-run and overwhelmed by a clearly superior club that have made a much more significant progress through the season than the Toffees....just made bad and sluggish decisions, otherwise the blues morbid fan base would've been near suicidal.

Look out the Saints are coming through and it's all over now baby blue...
Poll: Saints Greatest Traditional CF

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 18:31 - Apr 16 with 2957 viewsKennington

No doubt it was a poor result today and looked tailor made for someone like Austin. Instead Pelle was back to lumbering around, Long was wasteful, the list goes on. I thought Tadic although wasteful too was probably one off the better players on the pitch.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 18:36 - Apr 16 with 2945 viewsLeslie

Our 'reserves' beat you 3-0 last season.

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 18:41 - Apr 16 with 2931 viewskingslandstand1

One hopes that with the good natured bantz to you Solent that was all slightly tongue in cheek??
From what has been said on here we were totally ahead of your lot and if it wasn't for the woodwork and dirty tactics of the toffeemen, we should well have got the 3 points with you lucky to get the 1 point??

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 18:46 - Apr 16 with 2918 viewsHatchback

Just a normal Saints v Everton game. No matter what we do, we rarely beat them. One of those things. Looks like 8th is where we will finish. Need a good summer session, some in and some out and a bit of re-jigging here and there. No Europe this time around I am afraid to say.

Battery included.
Poll: Do we need a new striker?

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 18:49 - Apr 16 with 2911 viewsgrumpy

Will be interesting to see how you get on in your bigger game, solent toffee.
We know how good we are, thanks.
When a team throws in its Reserves/Academy players at home it can be difficult ,but given the stats on the game I saw you were very lucky to get a point today.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 18:53]

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 19:15 - Apr 16 with 2867 viewsdirk_doone

On a positive note, Chelsea getting thrashed has just about secured us a position in the top 9 at the very least. Now we need Everton to beat Liverpool. Let's beat Villa and see where we stand. We can still finish 6th or 7th and qualify for Europe again.

This will be our 14th top 10 finish.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 19:19]

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 19:32 - Apr 16 with 2830 viewsTheKraken

What an odd post.

"Maybe Saints aren't as good as you think"? What does that even mean?

Weird.

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 19:36 - Apr 16 with 2815 viewssolent_toffee

Of course it was.

Although even with a full 'strength' Everton team, I expected Saints to win so given the team put out, with the likes of Gibson, Osman and Kone, Saints should have took Everton to the cleaners.

As for the decision to rest players today to try to save a wretched season, I reckon if Saints were in Evertons current position, 90% of you wouldnt have been arsed with today to rest players for Wembley.

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 19:39 - Apr 16 with 2803 viewsHatchback

You could have put your kids out today and we would not have won. We just don't do Everton.

Battery included.
Poll: Do we need a new striker?

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 19:39 - Apr 16 with 2804 viewssolent_toffee

It was in reference to Tim saying earlier in the week that Saints were going to hammer Everton. The You being Tim as opposed to Saints fans generally.

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 19:57 - Apr 16 with 2779 viewsSaintGeorge

Post of the day on any forum - cheers. That was the most frustrating game of football ever. I was spitting blood when they scored.

Poll: What should remainers be called now, since they're leaving too?

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 20:31 - Apr 16 with 2740 viewssolent_toffee

To be honest, I'm not optimistic for next week. However its the only glimmer of light in a truly rubbish frustrating season.

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 20:44 - Apr 16 with 2726 viewssaint68

It should really have been an easy 3 points and in all honesty should have been!! But we always seem to come up short at Goodison but we all probably knew that 3 points was not really going to happen before the season started!!.

Solent you must sit back every season and think Saints at home is a guaranteed point or 3.

It's one of the last remaining bogey fixtures along with WHL away.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 21:01 - Apr 16 with 2699 viewsTijuanaTim

Oh....we're every bit as good as we/I think. Superb club, excellent foundation, top quality management and development at all levels, terrific players and fans that don't P!ss and moan, then leave en masse after about 70 minutes. If not too many changes in the summer, we'll be proven out as we grow, whereas Everton will improve if they spend new found wealth better...think about it.

Look out the Saints are coming through and it's all over now baby blue...
Poll: Saints Greatest Traditional CF

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 21:52 - Apr 16 with 2654 viewsHappy_Jack

Solent Toffee is alright. We all defend our clubs. We should've won today because Everton are not all that at the moment. We lack a killer instinct so he has a fair point.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 22:03 - Apr 16 with 2640 viewsdirk_doone

I agree, Jack. Solent Toffee is a very reasonable poster and not in the least bit arrogant.

I seem to recall after Everton beat us 3-0 at St Mary's, he said we'd finish above them at the end of the season. Not many Saints fans would have predicted that.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 22:06]

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 22:07 - Apr 16 with 2621 viewsLeslie

Frank Xerox will have a pop at me now, but I fully concur! I liked the man city fan blue's posts as well. It's good to hear the views of other fans

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 22:49 - Apr 16 with 2588 viewsFrankXerox

Solent toffee is a good man. Why people are getting all bitter on here with him is moronic and laughable. Everton weren't very good, they had several first teamers out/rested and Saints failed to take 3 points because they didn't
Play well enough.
Our anus faced fans that desperately claim to be 'better than them' are like a bunch of kids, as Ian Branfoot would've called them in 1992.

Poll: How would you prefer to travel with the 657?

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 23:34 - Apr 16 with 2549 viewsFrankXerox

"We know how good we are thanks". What arrogant school kid dross.
You are talking about a team full of blokes that are just here to make money and play some football, nothing more. Those sort of turd brained comments are symptomatic of why football fans are mainly lost causes.

Poll: How would you prefer to travel with the 657?

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 07:45 - Apr 17 with 2467 viewssolent_toffee

I dont know a single Evertonian who is getting carried away with the 'new found wealth. We certainly arent drawing up a fantasy football style' wish list.

Realistically I think any investment will go towards a new stadium, although I would be devastated to leave Goodison. It might be crumbling and the away end must have rubbish views (some in the home end arent much better). Its a proper ground, steeped in history, tons of pubs around the ground too

But heyho progress and all that.

Anyway every club in the premier league will have new found wealth next season so it will be interesting to see how every club develops next season.

I think next season will be the most open unpredictable season ever. Tons of money doesnt always bring success especially with everyone having it.

How Unbelievably Frustrating Was That on 11:10 - Apr 17 with 2375 viewsstmichael

You have been shiiiit all season not just yesterday and there is no way a stage like the FA Cup Final should be soured by the appearance of your team or fans.
Saving yourselves for a bigger game :)
Man U will bury you whatever team you put out and lets hope they do.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024