Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Look How High Big Ron Soars on 02:42 - Apr 19 with 2245 viewsdirk_doone

And how low he sank:

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Look How High Big Ron Soars on 03:34 - Apr 19 with 2229 viewsTijuanaTim

dd, show respect, this long time dear friend of mine was absolutely broken and broken hearted when Ted Bates schit on him by selling him to those (unts. Specially after held blocked in the only move that ever interested him - United some four years earlier.

You can argue otherwise, but the moment we sold him we were relegated!! He never kicked a ball for us outside the top level. If you wanna stick up a derisive picture then put one up of Lambert.

Look out the Saints are coming through and it's all over now baby blue...
Poll: Saints Greatest Traditional CF

Look How High Big Ron Soars on 09:17 - Apr 19 with 2170 viewsgrumpy

One of the best headers of a ball I have ever seen.

Look How High Big Ron Soars on 11:21 - Apr 19 with 2140 viewsdirk_doone

Any other club I can accept but I was never happy when 2 of my heroes, Davies and Channon, went to Pompey. If Ted Bates, rather than the players themselves, was the one to blame then my respect for him has gone down. I'm sure there were other clubs who'd have been interested in them.

I guess players who weren't born in the area have no real loyalty to one club or the other but Ted Bates should have done. Funnily enough I spent an evening with Alan Ball in an Italian restaurant in Southampton when he was Pompey manager and he sang 'Oh when the Saints go marching in' along with us.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 11:24]

Look How High Big Ron Soars on 11:47 - Apr 19 with 2116 viewsgrumpy

Lets be honest the whole Scummer/Skate thing is a load of nonsense.

Look How High Big Ron Soars on 11:52 - Apr 19 with 2112 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, it's a rivalry which has developed largely since the 70s and now we are so many leagues apart it doesn't really have much relevance. But, for those of us born in the area between the 2 cities, it probably means a bit more.

There have been lots of players who've played for 2 rival clubs: Man Utd/City, Liverpool/Everton, Arsenal/Spurs etc, and until the 70s, fans weren't as bothered by it as they are nowadays.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024