Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol away 09:06 - Jul 18 with 3309 viewsbathgatejack

Never done Bristol before. Any good pubs for away fans.

Bristol away on 10:09 - Jul 18 with 3247 viewspencoedjack

From experience I am sure Bristol Rovers will be very welcoming .........

Bristol away on 10:38 - Jul 18 with 3193 viewsJack_y_Jwc

The last time I went to Rovers away was in 2004, it was very eventful. We couldn't get into a pub near the ground, it was a nightmare.

Their team included Kevin Austin, Ijah Anderson and Lee Thorpe plus a certain Christian Edwards who was a bit of a tit that day if I remember correctly.

Bristol away on 10:47 - Jul 18 with 3167 viewsastonian_the_jack

As an Exiled Jack, Im delighted for the Swans to play here! Been hoping for a game for 5 years

Bristol isn't what it used to be say 10 years ago and the area couldn't have changed more. In addition, they have hardly sold any tickets, tops 700 so it shouldn't be too busy around the area

Depending how you are getting in, whether it be by car or train, there is plenty of choice

Memorial Stadium granted is in the middle of nowhere (2.2 miles from town) so around the ground is a little limited. The Wellington on Gloucester Road is a nice pub with ales and some food will be the best shout for the nearest pub.

Gloucester Road and Cheltenham Road lead to the stadium from the centre of town, there are many many pubs along this road and sell some really nice stuff - craft ales, IPAs, cider. The Cider Press on Gloucester Road is nice and there are few similar places dotted around here which will be welcoming.

In town, if you are happy to walk or get a taxi, Kings Street is amazing. A lot of quirky places and lots of atmosphere with various stags/hens/locals

Bristol away on 11:22 - Jul 18 with 3120 viewsbathgatejack

Cheers bud

Bristol away on 11:47 - Jul 18 with 3085 viewsairedale

Why are the ticket sales so low do you reckon?

Bristol away on 11:59 - Jul 18 with 3058 viewsastonian_the_jack

I think there may be a few people wanting to rock up on the day and pay

To be honest, I haven't seen much build up in the paper about it either. Whether Wednesday nights game against Villa has taken the shine off ours I don't really know

Bristol away on 12:03 - Jul 18 with 3050 viewsairedale

Odd, normally people are gagging for a game this time of year.

Bristol away on 12:34 - Jul 18 with 2997 viewsEasternJack

Lived in Bristol for many years (still have a house there). The memorial ground is a bit of a throwback - especially the odd away section, but it's on the "right" side of town if you're driving in from M4/A38.

Plenty of pubs around and being a friendly it should be easy enough to find a safe place. Recommend sticking more to the Horefield side (or further down towards the Arches) rather than the east side of A38.

Remember vividly a league game vs Rovers where it kicked off afterwards and the police horses started charging at everyone... my wife and I were no where near the trouble and got knocked over by one of them.

Enjoy!

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Bristol away on 14:30 - Jul 18 with 2869 viewsLoyal

Mate of mine got his two a few days back and they told him they were going extremely well in excess of 500.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bristol away on 14:42 - Jul 18 with 2841 viewsWarwickHunt

I don't think they've ever forgotten that game in the early 70s at the Vetch...

Bristol away on 14:47 - Jul 18 with 2829 viewsastonian_the_jack

Sorry I was referring to home tickets*

Nice to know the Jacks are coming up to :)

Bristol away on 16:44 - Jul 18 with 2718 viewsCwmavonJack

Went at 2 oclock to get tickets only terracing left. Good crowd there hopefully.

Poll: Should St David's day be a Bank Holiday in Wales?

Bristol away on 13:19 - Jul 19 with 2496 viewsbathgatejack

Anybody in city centre before kick-off

Bristol away on 13:36 - Jul 19 with 2479 viewsastonian_the_jack

Old man and I are on bottom of Gloucester Road to have some lunch then doing a small crawl up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024