Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 00:02 - Aug 17 with 1181 viewsWints76

I agree with all that you say and am past the hating people stage, but the things you say could apply to Lallana as well. Though he was with us longer. Hope he doesn't go, and I do think we need more players, but any anger I have will be at the agents and the game in general rather than Les, Katharina or the players. More a case of disappointment

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 01:10 - Aug 17 with 1149 views1885_SFC

Ironic that our very next game is... United away. Will Puel play Fonté for this one - bearing in mind the eyes/media scrutiny that will be on him?

Or will he leave him out considering the immense pressure on him for this fixture? This will mean going to Old Trafford with Yoshida alongside Virgil of course.

Tough one. Personally, I hope Puel has the bollocks to play Fonté. We need him back badly. If he isn't playing on Friday night, I think it will be very telling.

Old School is Cool

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 06:56 - Aug 17 with 1094 viewsKennington

Fans anger should mainly turn towards the board if he leaves. But let's not forget that Fonte signed a new deal 10 months ago. He didn't have to do that. So fans would be right to be pissed off with him for that. He's also the captain and leaving in this way at the the start of a new season would be more than enough to ruin his legacy and any future with the club when he retires.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2016 8:06]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 08:14 - Aug 17 with 1018 viewspatred

and if he does leave will Cedric follow him out of the door ?
Let's not forget that Jose was instrumental in persuading him to sign..

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 08:16 - Aug 17 with 1015 viewsstmichael

it's football that stinks.
How anyone can get enthusiastic about it these days is beyond me..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 08:34 - Aug 17 with 990 viewsSaintNick

Why should the anger be turned against the board ? if Fonte goes the story will be how his head was turned after the Euro 2016 win and he preferred to be able to say he was a member of the Man Utd squad than to get game time at Saints.

At clubs across the world, players keep showing that they are in command, 10 years ago players could not pul out of teams because their heads werent right, they would have been fined and suspended, now they are cossetted.

The Saints board want Fonte to concentrate on what we are paying him to do, just as we wanted Wanyama to do last season and just as we wanted Alex Oxlade Chamberlain to do 5 years ago when he was mysteriously "injured" in our league 1 promotion season

If Fonte goes, blame his agent, blame Mourinho, in fact blame the player himself, but the last people blamed should be the board

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 08:35 - Aug 17 with 988 viewsKennington

Don't give Les any ideas. He's now got a good excuse lined up to cash in on Cedric.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 08:35 - Aug 17 with 987 viewskingslandstand1

I think he has to play unless an offer has been tabled. It would also show that we intend to keep him and that they can just fook off basiclly ......
But if he doesn't play then it has to be a big adios

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 08:37 - Aug 17 with 980 viewskingslandstand1

You mean his agent who also happens to be the same one as Mourinho and half the United team?

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 08:38 - Aug 17 with 974 viewssaint22

I am just sick and tired of all these players leaving
why can't we be building a bigger squad here to challenge for silverware, why can't there be players coming thru the door, its almost embarrassing that every other day there is a headline about who is off

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 08:38 - Aug 17 with 974 viewskingslandstand1

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 08:38 - Aug 17 with 970 viewsSaintNick

Thats the one, funny how some people would prefer to blame someone at this end like Les Reed than actually admit that the player himself is a mercenary ( I dont just mean in the Fonte deal but all transfers)

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 08:48 - Aug 17 with 949 viewssaint68

Goes to show the modern contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on if an agent wants to stir up interest in his client. As for Fonte if he genuinely wants to be remembered as a Man Utd player then he Is a touch deluded as he will be just another bit part player in a squad full of overpaid dickholes.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 09:01 - Aug 17 with 925 viewsSonicBoom

If he goes he goes. Again we've offered him a new deal so I don't know what more the club can do. Granted they haven't offered an extension but he is 32.
He is a great leader and valuable on and off the pitch, but he's certainly not irreplaceable. Virgil would make a decent captain and I'm sure there are excellent centre back prospects around for 10-12 mill we would get for Jose.
Or the club could say, you have a contract, sit down and STFU.

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 09:09 - Aug 17 with 903 viewsSaintNick

STFU is something that causes todays players to sulk and have to miss several games because their head isnt in the right place, you cannot speak to todays players with anything but reverence, even if you are the one paying them £60k a week

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 09:14 - Aug 17 with 899 viewssaint68

He would have to be considerably dearer than Ashley Williams too, or the deal would make absolutely no sense at all.
I do agree entirely with your comment pertaining to his current contract but the outgoings of the last few Windows (apart from Schneiderlin) have shown that if they stomp their feet hard enough they get their move and unfortunately Fonte is fully aware of that as is the rest of the squad unfortunately.

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 09:22 - Aug 17 with 889 viewsBaselSaint

I've no anger towards Fonte just a growing frustration that Saints are being serially arse r*ped every focking time...with NO adequate or timely replacements
Not happy at all...

Poll: Did You Vote LEAVE Because;

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 09:48 - Aug 17 with 858 viewsUTS

The club have told him he cannot leave under any circumstances ala what they said to Morgan and Wanyama.

Poll: Player Of The Season ?

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 09:50 - Aug 17 with 851 viewsOc7saint

Everyone is to blame to some degree, the players for being so greedy, the fans for crying, like it is some sort of surprise that players and agents are so greedy now. The board to some degree for not being more ruthless. The agents for stirring everything in the first place.

Instead of saying 'Give us one more year then you can go' I would like to see the club say 'You are not going anywhere, we are planning to invest X amount, sign this player and that player and really push on to try and get champions league. IF we fail THEN you can leave for a reasonable fee'

We should have made more than enough profit the last few seasons to warrant one summer of knocking bids back, throwing a fair amount into what we already have and having a really good crack at the league without crippling ourselves.

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 09:51 - Aug 17 with 850 viewssaint22

this
its all one way traffic
whats wrong with wanting to be bigger and better, improve, achieve?
screw this business model, do we want to be Arsenal and never win a thing?

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 09:51 - Aug 17 with 850 viewssaint68

In that case meltdown has been canceled!! Now everyone move along nothing to see here!!.

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 10:01 - Aug 17 with 832 viewsDikki_Gutz

Well I don't know when he would leave except for during the window. He's done well for Saints and should be allowed to move on for his last couple of seasons for a big pay day and glory with a big club, if offered. Instead that pillock Reed is shoving yey another contract under his nose and trying to shame him into signing by leaking the details. Reed's a disgrace and won't replace him adequately.

Poll: What is the Southampton Way?

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 10:12 - Aug 17 with 817 viewssaint68

So by your logic if a player has a wish to leave,the club should just let them because they can earn more elsewhere.
Good stuff that DIKKI!! With sound business sense like that you have my vote should you wish to become next director of football.

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 11:07 - Aug 17 with 767 viewspatred

And, who created that atmosphere of digging in to get what you want at our club?
Time after time managers and players are prised from our club too easily for my likeing.
Too easily agents wrap us around their greedy fingers
Too easily players get the moves they wanted or the extended contracts.
Too easily other clubs turn our players heads and plunder our squad.
Too easily are we out manouvered in the transfer of players.
One man is consistantly outwitted by players, agents, or other managers in dealings and we are left with players, managers, or other valuable staff leaving to join the very clubs we battling with to progress up the league.
3 seasons on the trot we have had suffer a rebuilding process preseason, it cannot be sustained, nor should it be tolerated any longer.
Fonte means more to our club than a mere number on the a balance sheet, as did other players, managers allowed to up sticks and move..
Les Reed is in an unusual position of power, being a board member.
A board member responsible for football matters, including recruitment to boot.
So he, as an employee is reponsible to the board member responsible for football..himself FFS
IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED..NEVER!
it is a legacy of Nicola that we are stuck with..
Only Kat or Ralph can change that...
[Post edited 17 Aug 2016 11:54]

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

If Jose does go, I hope that........ on 11:11 - Aug 17 with 756 viewsSaintNick

Im not the greatest fan of Les Reed, his man management skills leave a lot to be desired so im told, however he cannot be blamed for the Fonte situation, I know the fans dont want to point the finger at Fonte, but somewhere along the line he can put a stop to all this but isnt.

Players are supposedly adults, yet they have their heads turned very easily, ironically the clubs most of our players have left for have CEO's etc with far worse reputations and man management skills than Reed.

Its all about money, not ambition

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024