Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw wants Giggs as new manager 22:40 - Sep 21 with 19388 viewsmarchamjack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/21/swansea-target-ryan-giggs-to-repl

aside from lock up your wives...

Guidolin 'dead man walking'

Guidolin watched the Tour de France instead of attending training sessions in the States on pre-season tour...

all good stuff
[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 22:41]

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 16:26 - Sep 23 with 1107 viewsJackBaston

oh yeah i agree itd be a gamble but so would sticking with Guidolin at this current time and so would bringing in an experienced manager (look at Moyes,, Advocaat etc with Sunderland)
Personally at this moment in time, if we're going to go down i'd rather go down fighting like Blackpool and Burnley have done, playing our possession, attacking football philosophy which served us well until Monk started tinkering with it
And I can't help but feel Giggs may be an option for going back to that philosophy

The only thing i'll disagree with you on is about his reputation, of course its relevant. Look how many players signed for us when Laudrup was in charge. We're a small fish in a big pond, but that name could be the difference between a Spanish starlet signing for a club like Crystal Palace or West Brom, or signing with us

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 16:33 - Sep 23 with 1093 viewsmax936

Giggs is a massive no for me, plus I can't stand the tw@t, on a serious note he knew Utd inside out plus the players were with him and the hierarchy with them, it was an easy appointment for all concerned the fact he didn't keep the job speaks volumes, I also get the feeling he was kept on when Van Gaal got the job to keep an eye on things and I very much doubt that Van Gaal trusted him one iota either.

Would he be another yes man, fecking right he would.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 16:35 - Sep 23 with 1084 viewsmax936

Any debatable class any of the board had disappeared the moment the divi's started being distributed Monny.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 16:38 - Sep 23 with 1071 viewsGriffting

Oh not now, no. God no. Still bloody playing for a start.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 16:41 - Sep 23 with 1062 viewsjack247

I get what you're saying, but our philosophy has gone. No matter what HJ said last season, we don't sign players suited to it anymore. The only one recently was Paloschi. I'd love it if we could get back to it, but it's a pretty big change from where we are.

The only player that potentially came for Laudrup was Pablo. Michu, Chico, JdG etc would all have killed to play for a PL team given where they were at the time. What Laudrup did was identify them. That's a good knowledge of a particular league, rather than because of his playing career.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 16:49 - Sep 23 with 1050 viewsJackBaston

The philosophy doesnt have to be gone though does it?
I still think we have the players to still implement it, just what we've lost is Fabianski can't distribute out to the wings and neither can either of our centre halves, which Williams did fantastically
the wingers are still there, Llorente can hold the ball up like Bony and Scotland used to do and we have the best AM we've ever had still here
Our problem is that we have a manager who doesnt have faith in the quality of players he currently has, to pass the ball and attack with purpose

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 16:56 - Sep 23 with 1039 viewsjack247

It's based on a short, sharp passing game with constant and intelligent movement.

Leon, Rangel, Gylfi, Routledge and Dyer are ideally suited to it.

Some others can adapt to it but it's not their natural game.

I like Llorente, but Gomis aside, he is probably the least suitable striker for that kind of game since the Alsop days. The striker needs to move and create gaps. Bony got away with it because of his close control and ability to hold defenders off until support arrived.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 17:20 - Sep 23 with 996 viewsStarsky

Yeah but Zola made tea for all the reporters whilst they camped outside his house, just before West Ham sacked him.

I'd like to think if Zola was in charge and we lost, we'd all. Get free tea.

Seriously though, I think we should keep Guido but relieve Huw of his duties.

Huw wanting him to go and the yanks wanting him to stay makes his position untenable

It's just the internet, init.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 17:23 - Sep 23 with 989 viewsDarran

Why do you like Llorente hes done f*ck all to like?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:42 - Sep 24 with 885 viewsDJack

Cheers Starsky, on the nail again... Also credit to Jack 247.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:46 - Sep 24 with 876 viewsDJack

Darran, as ever, you give your opinion and you will stand by it, and that's great...this early in the season your opinion is not worth a vvank. It has substance but no validity, are you related to that drivelling idiot Skippyjack?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 01:16 - Sep 24 with 865 viewsmorningstar

Just as an aside. If Giggs did the gig! We'll be able to sing that song " Ryan giggs on fire na na na na" .......unless of course if it goes wrong and Swansealad69 does actually set him on fire, in which case it won't be good to sing that particular tune at all.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 06:15 - Sep 24 with 818 viewsjack247

Because it's searingly obvious why he is doing fck all.

His touch is good, he holds the ball up well, he can hold off defenders and play others in. His reading of the game is intelligent and he is clearly a team player. He isn't a striker who is going to create his own chances and we aren't creating any for him.

There aren't many strikers who would be a threat in our current team. Surely you can see that?

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 07:51 - Sep 24 with 781 viewsDr_Winston

Lots of people haven't been able to see that for years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024