Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Arise (n/t) on 08:10 - Dec 31 with 1908 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 6:10]

Arise (n/t) on 08:19 - Dec 31 with 1907 viewsDellHero

on 08:52 - Dec 31 with 1889 views_

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

Arise on 09:28 - Dec 31 with 1865 viewsSalisburySaint

At least Murray didn't buy his honour

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/dec/30/company-boss-david-ord-tory-dono

Only cost him £1m

Some of the honours system stinks, David Ord's award sums up everything that's wrong with the system

Arise on 09:54 - Dec 31 with 1849 viewsKennington

Happy with Mo and Murray, although the fact that Farah barely spends any time in Britain isn't ideal. At least unlike most Olympians, Murray and Farah's medals were free, as they don't need lottery or other state funding that most medal winners enjoy.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Arise on 09:55 - Dec 31 with 1851 viewsHeisenberg

You are right. Dour is an unoriginal way to refer to Andy Murray. How about.

Boring mogadon voiced kilt wearing coont who plays a sport no one gives a shite about unless you are a bored middle class housewife who lives in SW London.

I'm about 30 years older than Andy feckin Murray. Am I supposed to call him Sir now ? He can feck right off.

The whole honours system is a pile of shite and should be scrapped.

They will be dishing them out to talentless bints like Victoria Beckham next. Oh. They just have.

Feck off.

And Happy New Year.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Arise on 10:30 - Dec 31 with 1818 viewsGasGiant

+1. THe only honours worth anything now are the BEM and the MBE , given to "ordinary" people usually for some exceptional selfless dedication over many years without recognition or reward. What's the betting that "Sir" Jose Mourinhio appears among us in the next few years, along with "Sir" Dappy of N'Dubz, "Sir" Russell Brand and "Sir" James Corden?

on 10:44 - Dec 31 with 1807 views_

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

Arise on 10:53 - Dec 31 with 1799 viewsHeisenberg

Sorry mate you have completely lost me.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Arise on 11:04 - Dec 31 with 1783 viewskingslandstand1

Does anyone know what the criteria is for getting a knighthood? I thought it was for contributions to the benefit of your country or it's citizens over a lifetime or certainly over many years

Murray has certainly done a lot for himself and made millions out of it and you cannot deny him his achievements, similarly with Farah, but at least wait until they've retired from that sport!

Ennis? Well at least she has now retired, but let's see what she's going to put back in to the sport and then she whether she deserves a Damehood (as with the others when they do eventually retire)

Awards of that status should not be given to anybody under the age of 40!!

Arise on 11:09 - Dec 31 with 1779 viewsHeisenberg

Sir Mark Thatcher. Sums up the honours system.

Murray is a great tennis player. No doubt about that. But a Sir at 27. A joke.

Arise on 11:13 - Dec 31 with 1763 viewspatred

Never understood this anti Murray thing. The lad has battled and sacrificed his way to No1 in a sport where we have struggled.
On the way he has won Olympic Gold and played and won world honours proudy and honourably for Great Britain.
Perhaps it's an accident of birth, had he been born over the otherside of the border, in England, or not been so proud of Scots heritage, perhaps some of those desentors would have taken him to thier hearts.

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Arise on 11:19 - Dec 31 with 1769 views1885_SFC

I’d like to suggest another category of new years honours. The CUBE (C*nt of the British Empire). With so many worthy contenders it would make the selection process very difficult though.

Old School is Cool

Arise on 11:50 - Dec 31 with 1745 viewsGasGiant

How many english knights have made a particular point of expressing their hatred of the scots? And no, not just humorous sporting rivalries, but that actual tired nasty old mix of hatred and envy of the nation and all its people as a whole? Funny how Corbynistas are so keen to react like Pavlov's dogs when anyone in England dares to malign any other nation but there's this gaping hole in their criticism when it comes to ignorant Scottish bigots. Why is that? And I'm a quarter Scots by ancestry apparently.

Arise on 12:41 - Dec 31 with 1695 viewssaintnathan

Sir Ray Davies - now that I approve of. I love that man's body of work. Should artist's be knighted? Well we have a long history of it and Davies is right up there.

Arise on 13:07 - Dec 31 with 1683 viewsHeisenberg

How many English knights have made a particular point of expressing their hatred of the Scots ?

Would suggest a quick check on English / Scottish history from around 1100 onwards.

Arise on 13:08 - Dec 31 with 1681 viewshedgeend61

He's a top player in a sport no ones really interested in, and yes maybe in 20 years time he should be rewarded, but he's 27 ffs and still playing. (does Gary Anderson deserve it?). Spose the umpire will now have to open up now with first game, first set ,Sir Andy to serve.

Bradley Wiggins gets one for riding a bike round France and chatting a lot of shite, when Frome let him win a few years back in a sport as bent as a nine bob note. Whats that all about?

Deserved that didn't he

Arise on 13:10 - Dec 31 with 1675 viewskernow

Yep agreed.
How about Mr Eric Clapton CBE getting an upgrade?
Won't be around forever and long overdue.

Arise (n/t) on 13:19 - Dec 31 with 1672 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 6:11]

Arise on 13:27 - Dec 31 with 1662 viewsLeslie

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/30/watch-7-times-in-2016-when-james-corden-made-us-

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

Arise (n/t) on 13:39 - Dec 31 with 1649 viewsDellHero

Arise on 13:41 - Dec 31 with 1644 viewsLeslie

He sounds like he

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

Arise on 15:43 - Dec 31 with 1583 viewsitoldyouso

My dads got an mbe.He likes it mentioned on letters god bless him

Great news Mo Farrer getting a gong,well deserved,our forum fascists must be raging.Losers

http://arseholepremierleague.com/table/2016-17/

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

Arise on 17:46 - Jan 1 with 1499 viewsGasGiant

Yes of course he has. I remember kids in the junior school playground bragging about what their dads did, and that was all fantasy to try and impress the bigger smarter kids. You haven't moved on have you. So why would "your dad have an MBE"?

Arise on 17:59 - Jan 1 with 1483 viewslockseaf77

Just a pity our IRA and other terrorist exterminating members of the armed forces get jailed or dragged through the courts for doing their duty where the government has sent them and risking their necks at the same time.
No awards for the real heroes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024