Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

I've booked another holiday on 20:05 - Jan 6 with 637 viewsPubeface

Milton Keynes with better suntans

Poll: Favourite Cheese ?

I've booked another holiday on 20:14 - Jan 6 with 630 viewsdune

I will be heading to Spain next summer, but driving around. Which is the best port to use in France - Caen, Le Havre, or Cherbourg?

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

I've booked another holiday on 21:17 - Jan 6 with 598 viewsVeloSaint

Pat - a long time ago and I understand it's changed quite a bit, lot more built up and touristy.. however would recommend a visit to Mojacar and I think Grenada is not too far away and worth a visit. John Lennon once acted in a film out in Almeria ...little known and pointless fact!

Dune - Caen is the best bet in terms of saving time I think. Probably Le Havre after that. If you're not fussed on making time then any of the 3 are fine. It's a long bloody drive if you're doing it one hit..

I've booked another holiday on 21:56 - Jan 6 with 575 viewskingslandstand1

When we used to drive to Spain we did either Caen or Le Havre to suit your preferred timings, but then go down through Alencon and Le Mans, but Caen is probbly less driving in Northern France. We'd take our time and get there over 2 days
Or you could spend 2 days on the ferry and go straight to Santander

I've booked another holiday on 22:23 - Jan 6 with 558 viewsHeisenberg

Granada is a fairly long drive. You would have probably have to stay overnight but the Alhambra is a place definately worth seeing.

I haven't been for some time but Almeria is nice. Good beaches and inland is where the Spaghetti Westerns were made.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

I've booked another holiday on 22:29 - Jan 6 with 549 viewsdune

The Alhambra is alright, but it's nothing to get over excited about. In fact I found it rather tedios looking at old buildings with my headset on along with Chinese tourists in ridiculous floppy hats and surgical face masks. The city itself is far better than the Alhambra, some really good tapas. Preferred it to Seville which I thought was just a tourist trap full of tramps.

I think we'll skirt along the top of Spain and drop down into Portugal. Would like to visit Marvao Castle again, now that is impressive.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 22:34]

Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

I've booked another holiday on 01:22 - Jan 7 with 494 viewspatred

I will be at Roquetas de Mar, about 20kms from Almeria..if that makes any difference.
Hotel right on the beach. My last holiday (in Portugal) was in the mountains, a villa! So a little different this time.
Half board, as fully inclusive is wasted on this old tee totaller.

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

I've booked another holiday on 10:06 - Jan 7 with 433 viewsNorthantstort

We stayed at Best Sabinal in Roquetas last summer. Good family hotel, golf course walkable distance.
Mini Hollywood (Wild West Town) is worth a visit.
Bit windy though.

I've booked another holiday on 10:12 - Jan 7 with 427 viewsChesham_Saint

"The Alhambra is alright"? Fookin' hell, it must take a lot to impress you....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

I've booked another holiday on 10:29 - Jan 7 with 420 viewsdune

https://www.visitportugal.com/sites/www.visitportugal.com/files/styles/destinos_

Much more impressive than the Alhambra, stunning views for miles across the Exteamaduran plains, free to enter and no restrictions on where you could go, authentic cuisine in small restaurants, barely another tourist in sight. Don't get me wrong I do like Granada, it's my favourite Spanish city, but not for the Alhambra. Cadiz is also a very interesting and charming place to visit.

Attending a proper bull fight is on my bucket list, possibly in Seville where there's a fantastic bull ring.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 10:52]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024