Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football 16:41 - Mar 3 with 3416 viewsSTID2017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39156707
26 wins and 1 draw in 27 games.
How can he claim the standard of other teams is offering a reasonable challenge to Celtic ?
Even Arsenal's Invincibles won just over two thirds of their games - 26 wins and 12 draws in one season. That record is phenomenal.
Celtic's by comparison is laughable

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 16:51 - Mar 3 with 2994 viewsmonmouth

Because he wants a job in a proper league again one day.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 16:54 - Mar 3 with 2982 viewsOldjack

Second goals a cracker http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39048195

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 16:57 - Mar 3 with 2975 viewsoldcob

Pub league - end of.

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 17:11 - Mar 3 with 2942 viewsswancity

It's now a division consisting of teams who, in the English league would be of League 1 and 2 standard plus Celtic who, arguably, would survive at Premier League level. But you would expect them, with their current squad to be competing at the lower end.

But it's still a phenomenal achievement. That's an incredible record to be fair.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 17:23 - Mar 3 with 2915 viewsSwanjaxs

Correct! This current Celtic squad would comfortably survive in the Premier league, and given the Syk/BT millions plus thier worldwide following would be top 6 within 2 years nailed on! But of course it will never happen ....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 17:48 - Mar 3 with 2879 viewsHighjack

Players who look like world beaters in Celtics team end up as run of the mill championship players. There are a few exceptions, wanyama, van dijk etc but then the majority are the likes of the Gary hoopers of this world.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 18:29 - Mar 3 with 2830 viewspencoedjack

The current Celtic squad would be a mid table championship side

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 18:50 - Mar 3 with 2789 viewsswancity

Thank you Jimmy Hill

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 18:51 - Mar 3 with 2787 viewsperplex

Wish they would only show this shit league on TV up in Scotland, every time it comes on Sky i have to change channels, i have no interest in the shite at all.

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 19:00 - Mar 3 with 2763 viewsbathgatejack

scottish fitbaw is fukin barry white. Trust me

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 19:02 - Mar 3 with 2760 viewsbathgatejack

well said bud. Celtic are SHITE

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 19:12 - Mar 3 with 2734 viewsSwanjaxs

Come oan, get aff! Ye aff yer heid ya wee dafty 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 20:58 - Mar 3 with 2646 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes - drawing with man citeh home and away in the European Cup is standard for a mid table Championship side. Good point.

Beware of the Risen People

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 21:01 - Mar 3 with 2640 viewsDr_Winston

Scottish football is even worse than French football, which is apparently nearly League One standard.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 21:01 - Mar 3 with 2638 viewslonglostjack

Anybody who thinks Celtic would be a mid table Championship side on a par with Crapdiff is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 21:04 - Mar 3 with 2636 viewspencoedjack

Non league Lincoln beat Burnley in the FA cup I wouldn't fancy their chances in the championship week in week out

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 21:15 - Mar 3 with 2619 viewsblueytheblue

Yeah. We'd get six points off them.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 21:19 - Mar 3 with 2611 viewsDr_Winston

Swanjaxs is quite correct.

A club of Celtic's potential given access to Premier League money should be competing at the top end of the table eventually. They're huge in comparison to a lot of the current PL teams.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 21:21 - Mar 3 with 2603 viewsKilkennyjack

So the mindset of Burnley going into an FA Cup game, was the same as man citeh approaching two Champions league matches. Rightio.

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 21:22 - Mar 3 with 2601 viewslonglostjack

I rest my case
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 21:24]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 21:27 - Mar 3 with 2598 viewspencoedjack

He said their the current squad

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 21:36 - Mar 3 with 2585 viewsblueytheblue

Given access to Premier League money would mean them being parachuted into the Prem league.

Whilst some in the Prem would want that, it will never happen.

If they wanted to join the league structure - and that;s assuming SFA would let them leave - they'd have to start from the bottom. Which would mean their players all wanted out, having to rebuild et al.

Nor would Celtic want to leave Scotland. Why leave such a cushy number?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 22:44 - Mar 3 with 2534 viewsKilkennyjack

Money talks.

If sky want them in - then the football authorities will find a way.

My guess - one season the Championship and then in ?

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 23:47 - Mar 3 with 2499 viewsSwanjaxs

Wrong.... if you read my post again I said the current Celtic squad would easily survive in the Premier league not pushing for the top 6....
Bluey. .. mark my words both Celtic and Rangers would leave the Scottish game for the PL in a heartbeat make no mistake. ..
Killkenny. .. spot on!! Whilst the Premier League stock remains high there is no chance of the Old Firm ever being invited in "down South", but again make no mistake if subscriptions start to falter then it's Sky and BT who will be calling the shots for the Old Firm to be allowed in most definitely! But again I can't see it happening any time soon if ever
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 23:49]

Brendan in Defence of Scottish Football on 23:50 - Mar 3 with 2492 viewsraynor94

Why, you think the current Celtic squad could win the play offs?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024