Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 20:26 - Mar 19 with 1232 viewsLeslie

Apparently mariner was poor today, in favour of saints

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/spurs-vs-southampton-ko-19-03-17

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 20:32 - Mar 19 with 1217 viewsHappy_Jack

The vomit inducing media w@nkfest and tv coverage is intolerable. I can't watch it anymore.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 20:38 - Mar 19 with 1205 viewsLeslie

Am I the only one that cannot stand that creepy, phoney, boot licking c unt Redknapp? The 'go-to' guy interview, wearing ripped jeans with Lallana. The game of golf interview with that boring drip James Milner. The endless arse licking of pep/Jurgen etc. He's such a cringey, vomit inducing helmet. At least Carragher and Neville speak their mind, and don't care who they upset. He's a smarmy c unt, and I hate him!

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 20:47 - Mar 19 with 1183 viewsHappy_Jack

He's the James Cordon of the sky punditry world. I fully expect to see a car pool karaoke with Jose, Jurgen and Pep within the next year. Conte seems a different kettle of fish so far.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 22:31 - Mar 19 with 1106 viewskingslandstand1

POTD and a great analogy with that media w'nkfest who's on every fookin advert that makes me want to choose another product even if his stuff is better

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 23:43 - Mar 19 with 1070 viewsFrankXerox

What a beige veg eating De Beauvoir schoolteacher loving made up marathon mutant you are Lauren Hucksake.

Poll: How would you prefer to travel with the 657?

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 07:38 - Mar 20 with 984 viewsLeslie

I hate going to the top clubs in the league. I went to arsenal and Liverpool in the cup, but hate the 'experience' of a phoney match surrounded by day tripper c unts. I usually go to 10 + away games, but avoid Stamford bridge, old Trafford etc. I'd have hated being there yesterday. The atmosphere sounded terrible as well. It's boring going to every single match.

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 08:48 - Mar 20 with 940 viewsiank1978

hahahaha....

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 13:30 - Mar 20 with 853 viewsLeslie

I was just going to say this. How it's taken 2 pages for people to moan, yet not moan about a player that was shocking. He must've been offside a dozen times. For a premier league international striker, that was truly terrible.

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 16:13 - Mar 20 with 812 viewspatred

Realative inexperience...? Stephens isn't a youngster from the academy, he's been around a few years, yet to break into the first team.
So he's had lots of oppurtunity.
Because of circumstances he has been thrown in the deep end.
But we have a well experienced international defender who must be fit by now.
Sorry the team must come before Stephens feeling, it's not as if he playing well, he's not, and he's a liabilty.
Cacares must come in to help Yoshida, because Jack isn't, that's for sure.

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 17:12 - Mar 20 with 779 viewsNumber_58

Jeez, he's had Alderweireld, Lovren, Fonte and Van Dijk in front of him all the time he's been with the club - hardly likely to walk in in front of those four. CB must be the hardest position of all to break into a Premier League side if you're a young English player. Stephens isn't going to get experience by playing the odd cup game and languishing in the Under 23s. I watched the game yesterday and didn't see all those Stephens mistakes you seemed to spot. I saw a few of our 'better' players make quite a few mistakes which, as mentioned, seem to have gone unnoticed. Apart from the Arsenal cup debacle, which was a complete shambles all round, I don't think he's looked out of his depth at all.

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 00:52 - Mar 21 with 687 viewspatred

he's not been competing with those you named..he done 2 seasons at Swindon, 6 months at Coventry in Div 1. He was sent out to M'Boro in the Championship but could only manage 1 appearance at that level.
He may well develop into a PL player in the future, but he is not at that standard yet.
It's hard to come into a team that has lost it's two best defenders, when your 4th choice. He done well at Liverpool, but his last 2 games have been very poor. Had any other player played like that, he would be replaced.
Now we have a replacement, we have to make that change, it's that simple..it's not anything against the lad it's the way of football. Remember we are not safe from relegation yet so we have to field our strongest team available.

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 02:08 - Mar 21 with 668 viewswashington_saint

What an utter load of garbage Patred. Your agenda against Les Reed and the club is tiresome in the extreme.

Stephens has done well since coming in. Is he VVD? Of course not, but then VVD is probably one of the best CBs in the world, not just Europe. he has performed well considering this is his first time playing in the Prem. Are there improvements needed? Of course, but then same could be said of most players.

Stephens is comfortable on the ball, has made some good interceptions and is generally improving through having more game time. He would probably be even better alongside VVD.

He certainly has not been bad the last 2 games - if you want to point fingers look no further than midfield (davis in particular) who give the ball away cheaply in silly areas and cannot (romeu apart) impose themselves and leave the CBs exposed

As for Caceres....this proven international who has not played a first team game for ANYONE in the last 12-18 months? Stephens is the future - not Caceres who will be gone in the summer.

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 09:17 - Mar 21 with 623 viewsCity_boy

Whilst I don't blame Stephens for the predicament we are in and being thrown in at the deep end, he is 23, not someone who has just come out of the youth team and didn't make an impression in a poor middlesborough side.

I agree he does look comfortable on the ball, but his reading of defensive situations and winning balls in the air when lobbed into the box is not good. As the last line of defence any weaknesses will always get high-lighted.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 9:18]

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 10:22 - Mar 21 with 588 viewskernow

He would be better and there would be more solidity if we could use him as a defensive midfielder or in a three man CB set up.
We look so vulnerable at the moment.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 10:26]

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 12:26 - Mar 21 with 534 viewspatred

so your answer would be to keep playing him despite the fact we have another option with a better CV ? just to give him experience??
Lets keep making it easy for anyone playing against us shall we?
Let's get relegated as long as Jack Stephens gets a game, shall we?

Your assertion that Stephens has "done well" flys in the face of the evidence.
West Ham, Watford, Man Utd, Swansea, Arsenal reserves and Tottenham forwards had thier easiest games against our defence that relied on Stephens.
I disagree that he is improving, he is not. His last two games you claim he has "not been bad"? against Watford and Spurs ???
He did play well against Liverpool, who were struggling to score in any game at the time.
He played resonably well against Sunderland..hmmm great team they are!
But his displays against West Ham, Swansea, Arsenal (cup), Watford and Tottenham showed his true level at the moment.
We couldn't do much about it then, but now we have an alternative in Martin Cacares.
Your attempts to muddy the water by saying others were poor, and saying VvD is probably one of the best in the world worries me on 2 levels.
First..we are talking about Jack Stephens performance, not anyone else.
Second..VvD is injured and out for most of the season, so he doesn't even come into the reckoning for debate on this thread.
You say you even want Stephens to be played alongside VvD !!!! Are you saying that Jack is better than Yoshida, and Cacares???
Don't you want the best players selected, or are you related to Stephens, even his agent?

As for starting your post by bringing my opinion Les Reed into it, you are repeating the same old same old anyone employs to have a pop at me.
This thread, and my difference of opinion is primarily about Jack Stephens and Martin Cacares claims to be in the starting XIII..NOT LES REED.

Now in the main I try to be polite, and not use unneccisarily rude remarks..like your 'UTTER LOAD GARBAGE'COMMENT..not a nice comment in a serious debate!
All I will say is that my views on what a central defender should be and do, is obviously vastly different than yours.

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 12:45 - Mar 21 with 509 viewsLeslie

I find it incredibly odd that if you're going to pick the bones out of each game, and scrutinise every goal/player, how you can glaringly miss the obvious. Davis on numerous occasions has left his player free to score (Rooney cross at old Trafford, man united 2nd at Wembley, Spurs first Sunday), as brilliant as Romeu has been, his wreckless challenges have cost us (Man United first at Wembley, Burnley away, Spurs dodgy pen when he should've cleared it etc). Long's terrible performance Sunday again is barely mentioned. To have an opinion on team selection is fair enough (caceres vs Stephens) but to blame Stephens for the defeat is bat shit mental. What's there for all to see isn't mentioned, yet players that haven't done anything individually wrong (Stephens) are rubbished. Internet at its finest!

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 13:20 - Mar 21 with 479 viewsSonicBoom

I suppose it depends how far back you want to trace the ball before a goal has been scored. It's often a sequence of errors that lead to a goal conceded, but the nearer to goal the more it tends to cost you.
There have been several moments where the CB's have made an error, but probably ample opportunities before that to stop the ball getting that far.

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 13:25 - Mar 21 with 469 viewspatred

Leslie, you're falling ito the same trap. We are discussing the choice between Jack Stephens a Cacares only...

If we were discussing the performances of the entire team, our views would be very similar.
Jack Stephens inclusion in Sundays starting XIII, I do feel was a mistake.
And this was not hindsight, most on this thread were amazed at the selection before the game started.
Also I cannot subscribe to Washingtons assertion that Stephens should be included to get him the experience we attempted to get him at Swindon, M'Boro, and Coventry at any cost, even including prefering him to Maya YOSHIDA !
We cannot afford that luxury in our position. It must be the best available players to start games.

Now, your problem with Davis, I actually agree.
But we still should not let that blind us to our weakness at CB, that's both centre backs BTW.
And other's poor performances should not mask our main weakness in that position.
In my opinion we should get Cacares in, and get VvD fit and back ASAP.
I would hate to think our present season could still implode into a relegation dogfight.

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 13:57 - Mar 21 with 446 viewsLeslie

We will finish 8-12th, and as a fan I don't really care. The priorities should be

1 winning something
2 win league/Europe (first part barring a Leicester miracle isn't going to happen)
3 finish comfortably above relegation places.

We are currently in mid table, so I don't really mind that Stephens is playing. Puel has been criticised for chopping and changing, we win 2 in a row and keep same team for 4th match in a row and he's still criticised. Caceres I'm sure will be given a chance soon. I really can't get my head around the uproar about the Spurs team selection.

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 14:55 - Mar 21 with 415 viewspatred

the uproar, if it could be called that was down to Stephens previous 2 poor performance and expectance of Cacares first team debut.

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 16:18 - Mar 21 with 361 viewsDel_Bianco

Les Reed is forcing Puel to pick him. Caceres knew this when he signed, in his contract it says that if an academy graduate player in his position is fit then he will be picked over him.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 16:30 - Mar 21 with 343 viewspatred

is that right

Stephens all at sea.. GABBA INJURED on 16:42 - Mar 21 with 332 viewsDel_Bianco

Yes, Les is forcing Puel to play Stevens and Ward-Prowse. Puel wants to play Caceres and Boufal, Puel just nods in agreement, Les has got total control of the first team like he wanted.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024