Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Walkround of appreciation on 19:45 - May 21 with 2247 viewsFrankXerox

I'm sure as they head back home in their Bentleys and Ferraris they'll be sobbing along to their Jason Derulo and Drake playlists about the whole thing.

Poll: How would you prefer to travel with the 657?

Walkround of appreciation on 20:10 - May 21 with 2162 viewsUmPahars

Don't be deluded, we've sung players and managers names for seasons gone by and they've still found an excuse to fook off.

If they say they don't feel wanted (or haven't received a birthday card, are not appreciated, are played out of position, the managers style doesn't suit me etc) then it really means someone else is doubling my wages.

The exodus today was deserved.

Walkround of appreciation on 20:12 - May 21 with 2146 viewsFrankXerox

Absolutely right.

Walkround of appreciation (n/t) on 20:14 - May 21 with 2135 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 21:37]

Walkround of appreciation on 20:25 - May 21 with 2081 views1teeminants

I stayed but mainly because my son wanted to otherwise I wouldn't have bothered .The stadium was 2/3 rds empty which I have never seen before. Puel didn't hang about long.

Virgil, Yoshida, Romeau got the biggest cheers and rightly so. I doubt the players would have been impressed by the empty stands.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Walkround of appreciation on 20:26 - May 21 with 2073 viewsHappy_Jack

Why anyone would want to clap off a bunch of obscenely overpaid men who couldn't give a shit about them is beyond me.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Walkround of appreciation on 21:05 - May 21 with 1943 viewsUmPahars

I think you're being overly generous saying only 2/3 left!!! We left it late to leave as one of our stick in the muds wanted to hang around until he succumbed to peer pressure and I'd say there was 1/5 left at best.

Walkround of appreciation on 21:09 - May 21 with 1928 viewssaintandy11

I personally really enjoyed the 'lap of appreciation' as by that time i was sat outside the costa by the bar gate drinking a nice cup of hazelnut latte and lapping up the sunshine

Walkround of appreciation on 21:19 - May 21 with 1897 viewsChesham_Saint

I stayed for two reasons. First having taken 4 hours to get to th ground I was in no hurry to start the journey back and secondly out of respect for certain players, particularly VVD.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Walkround of appreciation on 21:20 - May 21 with 1896 views1teeminants

Yeah maybe mate I was never any good at maths. I think the message was put across loud and clear people voted with their feet.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Walkround of appreciation on 22:10 - May 21 with 1738 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

You feel me, fam.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Walkround of appreciation on 22:28 - May 21 with 1671 viewsFrankXerox

Haters be like, yo, can I get sixty G's a week??

Walkround of appreciation on 23:25 - May 21 with 1569 viewsTimSaint

Stayed as my daughter wanted to and I reckon there was about a quarter of the stadium left when they finally came out.
Good to see VvD again. Long was there in a leg brace and everyone looked in good spirits apart from Caceres.
Puel got some boos but he clapped hard and long to try and block them out and walked much quicker than the players to get round quicker.
Tadic took his shirt off and gave it to a fan - but that was probably more to show off his 6 pack.
Popped into the shop to get my daughter a new autograph book and then went to wait in the carpark and waited. She managed to get quite a lot and a few selfies. Some players though, rather disappointingly just went to their cars (no Bentley or Ferrari - so guess they aren't match day cars) and fvcked off without signing a single autograph. Pathetic really, especially with the kids waiting to see them and shows how they appreciate us. On the flip side, fair play to Jack Stephens, Reed, McQueen, Yoshida and Forster for doing every signature or selfie request before leaving.

TimSaint

Walkround of appreciation on 08:12 - May 22 with 1336 viewskingslandstand1

Interesting reading about those that actually do think of the fans. Thought Tadic might have signed (Or did he) as he always acknowledges his name singing but maybe that is his ego anyway and hence doesn't sign. But that side of players is always telling. Those walk rounds after the game are also often telling about who will stay and go based on body language

Walkround of appreciation on 09:19 - May 22 with 1228 viewsSonicBoom

Let's be honest, like most things in football the lap of honour lost all the fun when it was sanitised. Used to be the best day of the season as you knew you could get on the pitch. The players ran for the tunnel and then re-appeared up in the stand.
Now you are expected to wait 20 minutes whilst they go and get their kids and then stand and applaud politely.

Walkround of appreciation on 09:29 - May 22 with 1205 viewsChesham_Saint

Didn't that all end with the great turf throwing fight with the players one end of season in the 80s? I seem to remember fans were banned from the pitch after that?

Walkround of appreciation on 09:51 - May 22 with 1171 viewsDel_Bianco

Yes that's right. From what I remember it was all very good natured and the players lobbed them back yet the club made out it was OUTRAGEOUS and a DISGRACE as the poor players were pelted with clumps of turf.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

Walkround of appreciation on 10:04 - May 22 with 1129 viewsMytchettSaint

I remember that, think it might have been a bit later though in the early 90's.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Walkround of appreciation on 10:09 - May 22 with 1111 viewsChesham_Saint

Yes it was very good natured, but OMG the Health and safety ramifications were appalling! I'm just soooo ashamed...

Bollox to that

Walkround of appreciation on 10:20 - May 22 with 1083 viewsSonicBoom

It's all a bit cheesey now. Only really useful for examining the better players body language to see if you can work out whether this is a real good bye or not!

Walkround of appreciation on 18:14 - May 22 with 876 viewsTimSaint

Didn't see Tadic after the game. We could have still been in the shop when he left, or perhaps he left via the front of the stadium and jumped in a cab, so he didn't have to see the fans. Anyway, I doubt he worked up a sweat with his performance, so didn't need a shower and was able to get out quickly !!

It was great that those I previously mentioned, stayed and signed for everyone, but far too many players, particularly as it was end of season, did a few signings or none at all, before buggering off.

Forster - signed for all
Hassan - signed for all
Cedric - didn't see
Bertrand - didn't see
Yoshi - signed for all
Stephens - signed for all
McQueen - Signed for all
Gardos - buggered off without signing anything
Romeu - Buggered off without signing anything
Clasie + Martina - Buggered off without signing anything
Davis - signed for most
JWP - Buggered off without signing anything
Redmond - signed for all
Boufal - Signed for all
Tadic - didn't see
Harry Reed - signed for all
Gabbiadini - buggered off without signing anything
Charlie Austin - buggered off without signing anything
J Rod - buggered off without signing anything

Last season after we had beaten Villa 6-1 on the final home game, we stayed so my daughter could get autographs and virtually every player stopped to sign for the majority of fans - plus even the likes of Nigel Adkins and a few others were about - all of whom were willing to pose, sign and chat.

Oh what difference a year/result/manager makes ? :o)

TimSaint

Walkround of appreciation on 19:23 - May 22 with 811 viewsHappy_Jack

It was the last day of the 91/92 season.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Walkround of appreciation on 09:46 - May 23 with 560 viewsarfurdent

remember we are only customers, not anyone important

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024