Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - Tips please 16:13 - Jul 5 with 4188 viewscollegeranger

Just arrived here and staying in District 1 - any tips on bars, restuarants, sights etc etc. I know we are a well travelled bunch! Any comments appreciated?

Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - Tips please on 16:28 - Jul 5 with 4165 viewsBoston

Best Ladyboys outside of Thailand.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - Tips please on 21:03 - Jul 5 with 4059 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Left it a bit late!

Go to the Chu Chi tunnels and if you're interested in the Vietnam war stuff, some good museums there. A trip out to the delta is interesting stuff. 20 years since I was last in Nam, so no point recommending bars etc, but if you're there for a while, I've a mate who lives there and I can sound reccys.

Nam was fascinating to travel through. I worked my way down from Hanoi and there's lots to see/do and, as I say, that was 20 years back. Enjoy!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - Tips please on 22:45 - Jul 5 with 4008 viewssmegma

I did it from HCM City to Hanoi. Cu Chi Tunnels are THE tourist spot to visit when in Ho Chi Min City (Saigon).
'Crazy Hotel ' in Da Lat , north of Saigon in the mountains is another must if you can. Google it.

Halong Bay in the Sourh China Sea in the north, off the coast of Hanoi. We went to Cat BA Island and did a 2 day mountain hike.

In Hanoi you must see the Water Puppet Theatre. A stage show played out with puppeteers under water operating the puppets. Amazing. Again, google it.

I managed a football match in Ho Chi Min City at the ground of Cong Dong FC. It was crap.

Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - Tips please on 00:06 - Jul 6 with 3982 viewsTripper

Only got back a few weeks ago, great country. Preferred Hanoi but still lots to be liked in the madness of Ho Chi Minh.

Some great rooftop bars but found a great cocktail bar here.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cocktail+bar+ho+chi+minh&rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB590GB

Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - Tips please on 02:15 - Jul 6 with 3947 viewstimcocking

I like Saigon...

Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - Tips please on 08:27 - Jul 6 with 3909 viewssmegma

I loved Vietnam, my favourite country on the planet.

Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - Tips please on 09:09 - Jul 6 with 3887 viewssmegma

https://www.theguardian.com/football/in-bed-with-maradona/2016/oct/17/football-v

Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - Tips please on 10:15 - Jul 6 with 3859 viewsCopenranger

So Cow Dung FC were crap? Better or worse than Manure?

OT: If you need a break from the busy city, there's a water park a scooter ride away..
Haven't been for 15 years, but it still exists and has good TA ratings..

Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - Tips please on 12:41 - Jul 6 with 3800 viewsTacticalR

Here's something good to listen to while you're over there:

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024