Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Jack Stephens on 21:16 - Dec 10 with 1167 viewsLetiss7

Our players play when they feel like it. by Letiss7 30 Apr 2017 20:57
Yes i am serious, i really do think that next year (injury free) Jack Stephens profile will rise substantially as will his market value. Who would have thought last season that Michael Keane and Ben Gibson would now be valued at £25 million and upwards this season. Not many people thought that and defintely not you.

Jack Stephens (n/t) on 21:18 - Dec 10 with 1160 viewsLetiss7

We won today by Letiss7 5 Aug 2017 19:18
Jack Stephens was a 9/10 today, and really is going to prove a lot of muppets on this forum, that they know ZILCH.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 21:33]

Jack Stephens on 22:09 - Dec 10 with 1095 viewsPatfromPoole

Quite interesting that our three big money signings from Lazio, Juventus and Napoli were all on the bench, and yet it was probably our best performance of the season.

Thought it was a really good team performance, and Forster looked much better. The save he made in the first-half down low by the post was the sort of shot he has conceded so many goals to.

Really encouraging.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Jack Stephens on 08:27 - Dec 11 with 1029 viewsRon11

Yes, good performance.
But I think if Boufal had started and not Tadic, they would have won the game.
Also the old drop deep reappeared in the second half (probably not the players fault) which invited a lot of pressure when Arse were there for the taking.

Jack Stephens on 08:37 - Dec 11 with 1021 viewssaint22

Boufal for Redmond surely?
Tadic set up Austins goal and chance and Bertrands
Redmond just stopped played backwards or gave it away

Jack Stephens on 08:55 - Dec 11 with 1005 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

It's a tough one, I want to like Redmond, but yesterday I think he was the weak link. So yes, I'll agree Boufal for Redmond and not Tadic.

I thought Tadic showed some decent aggression yesterday that he's been missing in his play.

I really hope the rumours about Walcott are true as I think he'll replace any one of them and make an impact.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Jack Stephens on 09:02 - Dec 11 with 992 viewsSonicBoom

Walcott ? I can't see that. He'd want a huge pay packet and yet we'd run the risk of him being out for long periods with injuries.

Where was Stephens playing? What happened to Pied? I thought he looked good in the last game.

Jack Stephens on 09:33 - Dec 11 with 949 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

See I can see Walcott playing here again. It's a world cup year, he's not even making the bench at Arsenal. IF he comes here, IF he plays well, then Southgate will have food for thought. Players get all sorts of weird pay deals anyway; bigger signing on fee, bonus for making the world cup squad etc etc., so I'm not wages would be too much of an issue, more moving from a 'big 6' (whatever) team to Saints.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Jack Stephens on 09:49 - Dec 11 with 939 viewspatred

Tadic's performance yesterday was emmence, he kept our attack going most of the game, laid on several chances for Austin as well as his goal. Also put in Bernard with the best reverse ball I've seen this season..Laid up 2 chances for Redmond which were wasted.
Redmond needs a few games rested, and some work on the training ground. He has the pace to trouble most defenders, he has good control of the ball but rarely can he use both at the same time.
Boufal has spectacular control, but uses it in the wrong places at the wrong time. He has improved his workrate since coming here. Frustrating having two players so talented, but rarely influencing the game.
I was pleased PEH had such a good game, here's another player who can dictate the game, and he has the last 2 games. The absence of Lemina is annoying, he and Romeu are so good together, and could get better.
JWP...HMMMMM! Talk about a frustrating player, but must hold my hands up that was a brilliant performance Sunday, his best for the Saints by a country mile.
Stephens and Yoshida didn't let us down, and that has been the best we can say considering some of the poor games these two had had at the start of the season. That may sound unfair, but I cannnot see the reason behind thier selection and Hoedts ommission.
Steve Davis ,was the invisible man!
MOTM between Austin, Forster, and PEH
The draw was a good result, but we wasted the opurtunity to get all 3 points with some poor finishing AGAIN, and the only striker showing some form is the injury prone Austin. That is worrying.

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Jack Stephens on 10:15 - Dec 11 with 913 viewsNumber_58

I'm beginning to sound like Jack Stephen's dad, but when exactly were these 'bad games' earlier in the season? Still, West Brom haven't made a bid for him, so he must be useless, I guess.

Jack Stephens on 10:30 - Dec 11 with 897 viewsCCSFC

To be fair Steve Davis was very visible, albeit on the bench, He only came on when they scored.

Poll: How many 'West Ham interested in....' News stories will we see by deadline day?

Jack Stephens on 10:44 - Dec 11 with 879 viewsSaintNick

As I have said in the match verdict on the home page, I was very surprised that both Stephens and Yoshida came into the team yesterday, but they both had very good games I cant remember Stephens putting a foot wrong to be fair.

Perhaps his biggest problem both this season and last has been that he was playing in a side playing poorly and without key players not to mention strange tactics at times, he probably needed to go out of the firing line and now he can come back into a side playing well and show he has what it takes.

People think I dont like either of Yoshida and Stephens, I have nothing against them other than what they do in a Saints shirt, I have been quick to criticise therefore im happy to be equally quick to praise.

Someone on another thread asked where Stephens "bad games" where, Stephens hasn't really had bad games for Saints, but what he and Yoshida have is good games where they have been found lacking at key moments, ie at Wembley when two of their goals saw players unmarked in the box, or at home to West Ham when their equaliser saw a free header well saved by Forster before the rebound was put in.

Trouble is at this level you have to be sharp and alert for the full 90 minutes any lapses are punished, I hope that Stephens has learned, that perhaps he can step up to the plate when he is playing next to experienced defenders who can helphim during the game and bring out his talents, but he will be 24 in a few weeks and that a late age to learn, I hope that he does

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jack Stephens on 10:52 - Dec 11 with 869 viewsDel_Bianco

putting aside your agenda against them for one minute as a pair they are never going to work in the middle. Neither of them are a dominate centre back, they need to play alongside one. Both of them are relatively poor in the air for that position and are always prone to lapses of concentration which you cant get away with at that level.

Stephens is very good on the ball so perhaps his best position will be right back, at 24 he's not suddenly going to become a aerial powerhouse.

Yoshida will never be more than a squad player i'm afraid, he's competent enough but simply not good enough for a top 10 side.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

Jack Stephens on 11:00 - Dec 11 with 860 viewsSaintNick

Thats exactly what I have been saying for the last 10 months, but I get accused of having an agenda.

I agree with your assesment, but being clinical about Stephens future as a right back I would question his pace and ability to get forward, the game currently wants full backs to get forward and cross the ball, I dont think Stephens has the engine to do this, (nor does Luke Shaw as i said when he went to united)

Yesterday suited his game as a right back, the game was condensed into our final third, he didnt have to get forward much because we couldnt get out of our own half for most of the game, this meant that we didnt get exposed to pace much, for the last 30 minutes JWP was for all intents and purposes our right back we were pushed back so far.

Jack Stephens on 13:41 - Dec 11 with 813 viewsNumber_58

My main issue is that you continue to drag up situations from yonks ago where Stephens may or may not have been to blame for a goal, especially the EFL cup final. That's fine, but if that's the case how about mentioning Romeu's rash tackle that led to United's first goal at Wembley? Yesterday, Romeu did exactly the same thing which could have led to another goal. Romeu, great player though he is, doesn't appear to have learned his lesson. At least be consistent.I do believe that if a supporter has a downer on a particular individual they will analyse their performances that much closer. Reading some of the posts last night you'd have thought that Redmond had put in the the worst performance ever, but apart from a couple of wrong decisions and the odd misplaced pass be didn't actually do too bad (in my opinion, of course). Trouble is, we're all there just waiting (and I believe in some cases, even hoping) for his next mistake to happen.

Jack Stephens on 14:24 - Dec 11 with 792 viewsSaintNick

I take your points about Romeu, but the discussion is not about Romeu it is about Stephens, as i say I do not have a downer on Stephens I just tell it how I see it and I have been quick to praise him for yesterday, there wasnt much he did wrong.

You are right about Redmond, he put in a shift, perhaps things did not go right for him all the time, but he didnt let it get to him and kept playing.

Interesting to see that some of this seasons scapegoats are starting to play a bit Tadic had another good game, Forster was excellent yesterday following on from decent games at Bournemouth and City and Redmond I think still along with Tadic has a decent record for creating chances for other this season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024