Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham after Mawason and Fab 10:31 - Jun 8 with 14718 viewsJoshTheJack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-reject-o

Hopefully the club dont drag it out too long.

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 07:40 - Jun 9 with 3080 viewsSTID2017

I respect your view and Loyal's, but I feel that there are two relevant points here:
1 - Fabianski and Mawson did more to help us stay up the last two seasons than any other players, so deserve our best wishes going forward.
2 - The likelehood of Swans getting back to the PL at the first attempt is slim. Even if Potter makes a big difference, it could take a couple of seasons. Therefore players like Fab and Alfie deserve to be playing at the top level.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 09:37 - Jun 9 with 2994 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sorry we are not a benevolent Fund.
If we are serious about getting straight back up we keep the best players in our squad and strengthen the team plus selling those who have not / no longer can make the grade. That should be Potter's final call along with recruitment.
It is not the end if the world for them to be asked to give it one more year.
We have to be serious about going for it though and I must say the dithering and silence suggests it will be the same old.
If that is the case then it would be criminal to keep them here.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 09:44 - Jun 9 with 2982 viewsKilkennyjack

We cant keep players, we need to clear our debt.

Beware of the Risen People

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 09:53 - Jun 9 with 2968 viewsomarjack

Because he's within their budget..After all they went for Cork who we all thought he's mediocre sh!te right? Hell, I remember how we were all happy about the deal and how we "mugged" Burnley..I admit I was way off mark like the rest of you.

But apparently Sean Dyche can get a tune out of Mediocre sh!te..And probably if he got Clucas he'd have managed to improve him and would have found him the most fit position to play in.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 10:12 - Jun 9 with 2951 viewsdobjack2

We need to cut our costs. We will not throw money at a shite or bust effort to get promotion.

Players will be on the look out for better contracts than they are on here. Premiership, championship or elsewhere.

Top earners and those that attract bids that our owners will accept will go. The big calls will be in relation to players that want a move but we want to stay. Time remaining on contracts could well come into play.

Top earners may go out on loan if we can’t get them transferred out permanently. Also depends on the existence, or not, of relegation clauses.

Expect a lot of activity- next season will depend on what Potter can make out of who is left and who is brought in.

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 14:57 - Jun 9 with 2854 viewsmajorraglan

Kilkennyjack is right, regardless of how beneficial it would be to have them in next seasons squad with the club facing a significant cut in income of potentially £50m plus, there is a need to balance the books and cut outgoings, unless that happens the club will struggle. The news this week that Villa, who are a much bigger club than Swansea are struggling should tell us enough.

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 08:12 - Jun 10 with 2701 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gates of 5000? Bloody hell, I knew relegation would be depressing but let's not get TOO carried away eh?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 09:02 - Jun 10 with 2665 viewsbargoedjack

The other thing we're probably forgetting about is this is a World Cup Summer - don't transfer fees go through the roof in a World cup year? Not to mention the ever increasing pots of gold that the Broadcasters keep throwing at PL clubs each year?

In that context it wouldn't surprise me to see us getting £30 million plus for Mawson and if Fabs has a good World Cup he'll go for significantly more than £5m...

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 09:11 - Jun 10 with 2647 viewsthornabyswan

Szczensy will be first choice.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 09:16 - Jun 10 with 2636 viewsLoyal

Negativity rules mun

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 11:34 - Jun 10 with 2560 viewsomarjack

It's been reported that West Ham bid 5 m for Fabianski. And we're holding out for more.

I actually think that's smart. We're not in a hurry to sell him. We don't really need to replace him with Kris Nordfeldt ready to step in. A Multitude of clubs are after him. Strangely we can probably get close to 8 m for him. Sure a great keeper but he's 33, from a relegated side, with only 1 year left on his contract.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 00:57 - Jun 11 with 2423 viewsJacket

I was talking worse case scenario if spending isn't kept in check. If we spent big in the hope of making a swift return and fail to pull it off, that's where we could end up, in League Two, with League Two gates. It's happened here before, it's happened in Portsmouth, it's happened in Coventry and it's happened in a lot of other places over the years.

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 01:01 - Jun 11 with 2420 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mawson did f*ck all for the last seven games of the season. I hear rumours of injury but nothing concrete. I won't lose any sleep should he leave

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 01:44 - Jun 11 with 2403 viewsmajorraglan

I have no issue with holding out for more as long as it doesn’t end up like being another Siggy saga which I believe is one of the reasons the club was relegated.

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 11:40 - Jun 11 with 2264 viewsJacket

Agree. We gained no more than £5m from digging our heels with Siggy. It would have been worth every penny of that £5m to get the deal done quicker and may have saved a few million in knee-jerk signings. Had we not left it so late, we could have shaved a few million off the Clucas fee and may never have signed Bony - or am I giving conkface too much credit there?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024