Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Shane Long on 17:42 - Feb 9 with 1476 viewsRipleys_revenge

Ridiculous decision to start him against such a deep and packed out defence, but on reflection Austin doesn't have the legs to start any game against a fresh defence. He'll just get bullied out of it and be done by 50 mins. Criminal by the club to not buy a striker in January, the latest in a series of astonishingly inept recruitment decisions - how on earth Ross Wilson is still in a job is beyond me.

As for Long himself, his attitude now is also very questionable, allied to his obvious lack of skill. He rarely chases and harries like he once did, balls run through his legs and he never looks to retrieve situations. Just looks p!ssed off at everyone else or moans at the ref. Absolutely terrible

Shane Long on 17:42 - Feb 9 with 1477 views1885_SFC

Charlie Nicholas agrees...

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/02/blogs/nicholas-slams-long-in-southampton-loss-v

Old School is Cool

Shane Long on 17:51 - Feb 9 with 1437 viewsTimSaint

Had an absolute mare today.

Fvcked it up or gave it away at almost every opportunity - then reverted to diving to try to win free kicks.

I know he got a knock early on, so couldn't run much, but against a team like Cardiff, we needed Austin up top, as they were always going to defend deeply.

We didn't need 3 centre backs (until injury time !!), So why not go 442 ?
Where was Armstrong to open up their defence ?
Why didn't the full backs push on more ? We saw what happened when Valery decided to drive into the box FFS !!

TimSaint

Shane Long on 18:36 - Feb 9 with 1397 viewsLeslie_Hughes

We should’ve stuck with Carillo. These other clowns have had heaps of time here. Why pay £20m and not stick with him.

Poll: Should there be a strict dress code to attend games?

Shane Long on 19:33 - Feb 9 with 1345 viewssaint22

The lack of drive and urgency today was astonishing
The couple of times valery did attack he got into great areas

Shane Long on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 1265 viewsstraight_pass

He was ineffective and playing him was not likely to work!
He was never going to get through balls to chase or turn the last defender and run at goal.
Cardiff were expected to play deep, and they did play deep! Long cannot hold the ball up and play others in, so he was the wrong choice for this game. Armstrong could have worked well with Redmond, and Austin on earlier with some service seemed worth a try. But in the end, it was a painful display that showed so many problems still exist despite our earlier bounce!
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 9:46]

Shane Long on 23:38 - Feb 9 with 1171 viewsKriSaint

Why didn´t we start with Gallagher? He has a pretty good scoring history from the Championship and today we met a championship team who managed 157 passes only.

Shane Long on 09:39 - Feb 10 with 1023 viewsRon11

Starting with Armstrong rather than Ward Prowse would have been more positive.
I was unable to be at the game yesterday but watched it on stream.
I have to agree with some other comments on here that whenever he gets the ball, it's passed again immediately.
Anywhere...

Shane Long on 09:45 - Feb 10 with 1017 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Armstrong has calf injury Ron. I have to say after yesterday it looks a mistake to have let Gabbiadini go. Incredible that Long is still here.

Shane Long (n/t) on 09:46 - Feb 10 with 1009 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 7:24]

Shane Long on 09:47 - Feb 10 with 1007 viewsLeslie_Hughes

I don’t think he liked the overcast cloudy weather...

Shane Long (n/t) on 09:49 - Feb 10 with 1000 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 7:24]

Shane Long on 09:56 - Feb 10 with 975 viewsRon11

Ah, OK I didn't know Armstrong was injured.

Shane Long on 11:57 - Feb 10 with 900 viewsSaintGeorge

Fans starting to see it at last? I've been saying this for three years and gettign totally slammed for it every time. Strikers score goals - at least sometimes.

Poll: What should remainers be called now, since they're leaving too?

Shane Long on 12:54 - Feb 10 with 866 viewsthis_charming_man

He is laughably sh.t. you just know.when he gets the ball hes either going to miss control it or give it away, its a surprise when he actually keeps possesion.

What is wierd is our fans like to get on players backs bit for some reason long seems to have escaped it.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Shane Long on 13:15 - Feb 10 with 841 viewsdirk_doone

I'm afraid even Pellegrino has given up on Carrillo now. He has been dropped by Leganés and replaced by Martin Braithwaite, a loanee from Middlesbrough. Leganés won 3-0 today, with Carrillo an unused sub.

For a small club, which has never finished higher than 16th in its history, Leganés are doing pretty well. They are currently 11th in La Liga: the Spanish equivalent of Bournemouth.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024