Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So..what now? 09:39 - Apr 23 with 14087 viewsloftus77

The morning after. The 2018/19 season is over - with 2 'close season' games to go.

Firstly. Let’s stop having a go, just for a second. A sincere well done to Les Ferdinand, John Eustace the management staff and all the players this season. The priority of staying in this elite league (the top flight of English football, as opposed to the irrelevant International conglomerate that is the Prem Lge) ) has been achieved. We have to fully acknowledge that. Just ask Rotherham and Bolton fans how they are feeling today. That’s not us. Thank you Rangers.

However, what in the ‘sam holy hill’ do we do now?

We all know that the lights on the ‘relegation dashboard’ for 2019/20 are already all flashing bright red. The parachute payments are gone. We are absorbing FFP consisting of one of the biggest fines in world sport. We have no manager in place. We have a crop of decent young players around the place requiring leadership on-and-off the field in one of the most brutal, competitive, leagues in the world if their fragility is not to be exposed. Our best player (Luke Freeman), clearly a Championship standard midfielder, will almost certainly be offski (Fulham is my bet). The rest are League One standard at best — and that is no criticism. The punters aren’t daft - empty seats abound, not out of disloyalty but probably weary cynicism. The upper tier of the School End is going to be a seriously happy place next season unless something fairly major happens.

In a sense, it’s all so annoying. Since 2015 we have been well run. Good decisions have been made: Warren Farm, new plans for a stadium, excellent community work, proper scouting for young players. IMHO, a lot of really good stuff is going on at QPR. It’s just the 20 years of mis-management from 1995-2015 coupled with the strength of the current Championship which casts a huge shadow over our ability to soldier on at this level in the short and medium term.

I guess, as fans, all we can do is get behind the team form August and fully understand the challenge we face and be totally clear about expectation. We are 19th in the Championship. If we repeat that position this time next year it will be , in all seriousness, one of the greatest achievements in our history — yes, probably comparable, in real terms, with 1967 and 1976. That’s why Les is right; the choice of next manager is crucial and it just has to work — somehow — to galvanise what we have, unearth some gems (…) and give us a chance.

Bring it on….

So..what now? on 13:52 - Apr 25 with 1516 viewsBostonR

If I recall, Huddersfield finished 4-5th from bottom in the Championship three seasons ago and then came good the next season. So, it can be done, we can improve and with the right decisions we could push on.

Having said that, I am not sure we have a David Wagner in the wings, but he somehow managed to forge a very good side that season. As I said it can be done.

So..what now? on 18:35 - Apr 25 with 1423 viewsPinnerPaul

against the odds at start of season, when the Racing Post tipped us to go down.

We were even shorter after those 1st 4 games as well.

So..what now? on 20:58 - Apr 25 with 1358 viewsdaveB

Come off it, staying up against the odds is something Bolton or Rotherham could say if they stayed up as they had no hope, even Birmingham with 9 points deducted could say that but us, a team who haven't been near the bottom 3 for years with premier league parachute money who were no where near relegation last year and had just employed a former England manager.

We were around the playoffs until mid January, this is no success staying up against the odds story. We only achieved staying up due to Rotherham losing on Monday as we lost again.

To put it into context we are well on course for our worst points total at this level for 18 years. Even the Waddock/John Gregory side who didn't win a game until October with Danny Cullip and Adam Bolder did better points wise than we have this year.

So..what now? on 11:25 - Apr 26 with 1217 viewsRblockPrior

To be honest I really don't see why so many are moaning about the outcome of this season, most of those who are angered by the way its gone claimed that we were sure to go down with the players we have. Surely people should have an element of happiness that we exceeded expectation in terms of league position.

Now I am not saying the players deserve to be praised to the high grounds however they have achieved the target set of them. I had so many conversations with fans who would tell me we are definitely going down this season, many have the audacity to say the same about next season without a clue what manager and players we will have at our disposal. I can't compare to any other clubs mainly as I only care for ours however we have so many negative ones.

Very few players past and present have a good relationship with our fans.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

So..what now? on 12:02 - Apr 26 with 1169 viewsdaveB

Worst season points wise at this level since 2001 (although 1 win would just about change that) and we should be happy to exceed expectations. If 19th was the expectation then we need to raise our expectations.

I thought last summer we'd had a similar season to last year, anything less than that would have been a complete failure and thats what we have done

So..what now? on 12:21 - Apr 26 with 1146 viewspaulparker

Exactly this board sacked Holloway because they wanted to Finnish higher than 16th and that he was holding the youngsters back
You can polish the turd all you like it doesn’t disguise this season as a total disaster

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So..what now? on 18:24 - Apr 26 with 1076 viewsPinnerPaul

Maybe go back to your posts defending IH's points per game v JFH points per game - when you said points weren't everything!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024