Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exiles 17:45 - Apr 28 with 2139 viewssuffolkdale

A big thank you to Ian, the Trust and the Club for yet another excellent Exiles day. It was a very busy day for the Club but despite that they managed to arrange a visit from some of the current squad and the 68/69 squad - absolute heroes for those of us of a certain age! Everybody commented upon upon the pleasant openness of players like Hendo, Calvin, Jim and our new hero- BBM.
And ......... the Exiles record continues - we have never seen the Dale lose. We were trying to add up the number of years we have been attending as the Exiles, it is well over a decade we think. Anybody know precisely?

Exiles on 21:23 - Apr 28 with 2002 views56years

I haven't been to the Exiles 'do' for a number of years but I reckon it started around 2006, soon after KH was initially manager. TVOS will advise on KH's initial appointment dates, January 200?

Exiles on 23:26 - Apr 28 with 1886 viewsTVOS1907

Appointed as caretaker in December 2006, then permanently at some point in January 2007.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Exiles on 07:47 - Apr 29 with 1737 viewsEllDale

I can only echo those sentiments.
A fantastic afternoon. Really enjoyed it.
When they said that some players would join us for a spell I presumed it would be squad men who weren't selected.
How wrong was I and what splendid ambassadors they are.

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:06 - Apr 29 with 1710 viewsJames1980

I agree it was a great afternoon, thank you Ian.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 8:08]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Exiles on 08:14 - Apr 29 with 1701 viewsSheffdale

It was a great afternoon and I think the only thing we slipped up on was letting people know where the MoM awards were taking place. I thought they'd be in the Main Lounge area as in previous years and as I Ieft early to resume Florence Nightingale duties back in Sheffield, I saw exiles heading there. It turns out that on Extra Time events, the awards take place in the Ratcliffe Bar. Thankfully a couple of exiles were there to present Aaron Wilbraham with his award - and it was a close call who we nominated.

We'll know next time where the awards take places and I am already looking forward to the fixture list coming out to select both a home and away Exiles match.

Exiles on 08:41 - Apr 29 with 1659 viewsNigeriamark

Yes well Done Ian on organising a great day. Good that some of the starting 11 came to meet us before the game as it is usually non squad players I think

Regarding when the exiles started, I think the trust have done it for over 10 years but did the club do it for 2 or 3 years first? My recollection was that they did a couple and because it was successful they tried to do 2 during a particular season but it went back to 1 again. I also thought the first one was about 2003 or 2004. However I am crap on dates so probably wrong

one improvement area IAN - It has peed it down with rain on both the ones you have arranged - Sort out the weather next time !!

Exiles on 09:13 - Apr 29 with 1614 viewsSheffdale

It's why we have a box or two! You can't seriously be asking me to be accountable for SE Lancs weather - everyone I know from afar who has been to Spotland says it was either really cold, really windy or really wet!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024