Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 14:37 - Jun 26 with 2062 viewsBison

Phil Boyer / Mick Channon.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 15:45 - Jun 26 with 2009 viewsNumber_58

Mike Channon. I cried all night.

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 15:55 - Jun 26 with 1998 viewsSt_Guido

Marian Pahars....I shed a tear or two as he walked the perimeter on last day of season :-(

Poll: What would you choose as our Football Club's official name?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 16:16 - Jun 26 with 1986 viewsPatfromPoole

I was in hindsight perhaps far too upset about Lambert being sold; he was as close as I have had to a hero since MLT though.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 16:49 - Jun 26 with 1955 viewsericofarabia

Funnily enough the 1st 3 names that came to my mind were the 3 mentioned Mick Channon, Marian Pahars and Sir Rickie of Lambert!!

In hindsight at least with Channon we kept him longer than we could have been expected after being relegated, and then Lawrie squeezed a few more years out of the old bugger in a return to his spritual home, so it didn't work out too badly.
Marian was a sad one with his injury and seemingly not much support from Wee Gordon who inferred Pahars was putting it on. Yep quite a few of us suddenly got a speck of dust in our eye as he made his final lap of honour.
SRL is a strange one, as not one of us could really begrudge him a payday move to his own spiritual home, but the manner in which that cahunt Brenda forced the move through by saying it's now or never just ahead of the World Cup, and then barely playing the him, smacked of trying to disrupt our challenge into the upper echelons as much as anything else!! But, to be honest he was just reaching the stae where he was an automatic shoe in into the starting X1 by then, so maybe best to go out on a high, rather than just fade out of sight. His England debut goal against the sweatties at Wembley is the most mental goal celebration I've ever had for a non Saints game, and I still love him still and his love for us is still there for all to see. He wouldn't have moved to anyone else but home.
The move that has upset me most, but in a completely different way, is actually Van Dick ..... just because of the whole sh!thouse way it was conducted from start to finish. The dirty cheating underhand way both Klopp and Van Dick acted and got away with sickens me and without him they wouldn't have been so close to winning the title or winning the CL.

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 17:14 - Jun 26 with 1942 views1teeminants

Marian Pahars for me . Very emotional when he walked around the pitch saying goodbye. That really got to me more than any other departure. Everybody loved Marian and what a great little player he was . Such a shame he had to retire due to injury .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 17:22 - Jun 26 with 1934 viewskingslandstand1

So did he if I remember right

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 17:33 - Jun 26 with 1914 viewsericofarabia

Yep ... definitely seemed to be a lot of dust getting into grown men's eyes that day!!

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 18:02 - Jun 26 with 1894 viewssaintwizzler

Rod Wallace

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 18:25 - Jun 26 with 1875 viewscocklebreath

Ricky lambert

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 18:34 - Jun 26 with 1868 viewsgeezershoong1

DuÅ¡an Tadić..? A snip at €11.4 million and scored 8 more league goals last season than he did in 134 appearances..?

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 19:04 - Jun 26 with 1839 viewsSonicBoom

Michael Svensson. What a player he was and criminal he had to retire.

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 20:01 - Jun 26 with 1793 viewsthis_charming_man

Scott Hiley, centre back legend!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 20:01]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 20:36 - Jun 26 with 1753 viewsChesham_Saint

MLT no question.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 20:41 - Jun 26 with 1752 viewskernow

World Cup winner Terry Paine.
Not sure why but shortly after the arrival of Lawrie Mac.
Could be coincidental, don't know.
He was my boyhood hero.
Didn't he go to Hereford?
I know he built later built a career as a pundit and TV presenter in RSA.

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 21:41 - Jun 26 with 1703 viewscocklebreath

Didnt read properly, including retirement has to be le tiss

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 22:17 - Jun 26 with 1677 viewskingslandstand1

But he only played 22 times

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 22:21 - Jun 26 with 1665 viewsthis_charming_man

We could do with a centre back like him though now, yes?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 22:29 - Jun 26 with 1661 viewskingslandstand1

Big Mac wanted to show who was boss as he didn't like what he was hearing about Paine and his influence on the club and team as TP didn't think Mac was up to the job. LM was going to put him on the bench I believe and Paine didn't like that and they had major fall out

I've just found this that should tell you more about how 2 club legends got on with each other

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14407907.lawrie-mcmenemy-talks-about-his-relat

Oh, and yes he did go to Hereford

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 18:06 - Jun 28 with 1472 viewsChesham_Saint

I think he appeared for Hereford against us at The Dell and our players formed a guard of honour for him as he ran on the pitch....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 20:55 - Jun 28 with 1426 viewsSaintGeorge

Easy one, Mickey Channon. My brother didn't miss a beat - he simply became a Man City fan.

Poll: What should remainers be called now, since they're leaving too?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 22:33 - Jun 28 with 1400 viewsbloke

Great post BTW Mr Blue. Le Tiss, James Beattie, Gareth Bale, Sadio Mane for me.

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 22:35 - Jun 28 with 1397 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Recent times;

1. Kevin Davies leaving (the first time) really f**ked me off
2. Flowers
3. Pahars

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 04:13 - Jun 29 with 1371 viewsOccasional_Showers

This.

Matt was more than just a player, he was and is a SFC legend.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Which Player Departure Made You Most Upset? on 08:01 - Jun 29 with 1339 viewsNewdawn2014

Marian & Ricky , 2 of the nicest men in football and the talent too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024