Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrorist incident in Streatham 17:24 - Feb 2 with 2468 viewsflynnbo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51349664

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 17:29 - Feb 2 with 2443 viewsStreathamRanger

Sad news. I was only up there with my kids this morning and we regularly visit the library just opposite where it kicked off. Thank god undercover police were nearby so they could prevent further tragedy. The police do a bloody good job all things considered.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 18:27 - Feb 2 with 2299 viewsClive_Anderson

Those right wing extremists again.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 19:07 - Feb 2 with 2198 viewsStreathamRanger

Needlessly provocative

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 19:20 - Feb 2 with 2149 viewspaulparker

Not really same old suspects

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 21:13 - Feb 2 with 1979 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You don’t think insane religious nationalists that murder are right wing extremists?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 21:14]

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 21:22 - Feb 2 with 1944 viewsBucksRanger

Do religious extremists have wings?

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 21:30 - Feb 2 with 1923 viewsHayesender

Makes me glad I'm an atheist. Years of Catholic schooling put me off that shite for life.

Massive well done to our police

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 21:37 - Feb 2 with 1898 viewsloftboy

He was released half way through a three year sentence for having ISIS propaganda, these extremists can never be “ cured “ why oh why let him out early.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 21:40 - Feb 2 with 1887 viewsJigsore

early release prisoners is happening more and more and the reason is purely financial so draw your own conclusions from that

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 22:12 - Feb 2 with 1819 viewsPunteR

If your caught involved with Isis than imo its capital punishment . Let god decide what he wants to do with them.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 03:04 - Feb 3 with 1659 viewsNortholt_Rs

Have that ya cûnt....fair play to the OB.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 05:19 - Feb 3 with 1639 viewsBenny_the_Ball

No I don't but I'll happily look at a bar chart that proves otherwise.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 05:23 - Feb 3 with 1638 viewsBenny_the_Ball

In this case it made little financial sense as he was under surveillance; that can't be cheap.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 07:21 - Feb 3 with 1574 viewsdistortR

different cost centre, mate.

Best wishes to the 3 innocent victims.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 08:04 - Feb 3 with 1538 viewsjonno

Rabid dogs are not released to roam the streets; they are put down.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 10:56 - Feb 3 with 1447 viewsterryb

No. But they are not left wing either!

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 11:13 - Feb 3 with 1409 viewsBucksRanger

East wing?

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 11:22 - Feb 3 with 1381 viewsRBlock

Simply not true that it's about cost. As the law stood at the time of his sentence, his release date was halfway through his sentence, with the rest to be served on licence. Certain offences are eligible for extended sentences, such as serious violence, sexual, or (post Counter-Terrorism and Border Security Act 2019) terrorism offences. So if he were to be sentenced now, he would not have been released at the halfway point, instead remaining in custody for two thirds of his sentence.

So it's about the law as it stood when he was sentenced. Not finances.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 11:26 - Feb 3 with 1372 viewsRBlock

And with regards releasing offenders before their sentence end date, this is often crucial to working with and rehabilitating offenders. An offender released at the halfway point, will then allow the probation service to work with them for the remainder of that sentence, to attempt to rehabilitate them into society and manage the risk they pose. If you release them at the end of their sentence date, they are released without monitoring conditions or any probation involvement.

I'm not looking to debate the rationale behind releasing terrorist offenders at the halfway point, and as per my other post this is no longer the case. Just providing context as to why offenders are released from custody before their sentence end date.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 11:34 - Feb 3 with 1345 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Someone should tell the Bob Crowe Brigade that these extremists aren’t right wing:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/ppvan7/bob-crown-brigade-interview

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 16:57 - Feb 3 with 1221 viewsloftboy

Some people really are thick
https://news.sky.com/video/waitress-asks-if-police-evacuation-could-wait-1192538

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 19:05 - Feb 3 with 1115 viewsToast_R

To be fair if I just sat down for my obligatory Full English heart attack on a plate , think I'd take my chances.

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 19:22 - Feb 3 with 1097 viewsderbyhoop

Despite the incidents at Fishmongers Hall and, now, Streatham, there is rarely a simple solution.
The immediate response will be to end early release for anybody convicted of an offence deemed terror related. And, for most offenders that is probably the best solution to protect the public.
However, Amman, was given a 3 year sentence. If he hadn't been released early, yesterdays incidence would only have been postponed for 18 months. As it was, he was out on license and being very closely monitored. As displayed by the rapid response from armed police. That monitoring is hugely expensive and a similar offender could slip through the net. de-radicalisation is a better long term approach but where are the resources? With high prison numbers, and associated costs, you can't keep people in prison indefinitely.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Terrorist incident in Streatham on 19:46 - Feb 3 with 1071 viewsloftboy

How would you know if someone has been de-radicalised though? On the prison side of things it really is a catch 22 as it’s inside where a lot of the brain washing takes place. Internment would cause all sorts of problems and it didn’t work too well with the Irish terrorists ( wrongful arrests etc)
In an ideal scenario I’d ban all religion but that’s not going to happen. I still don’t know what the ultimate aim of these extremists is? Answers on a postcard please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024