Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abandoned Game 12:30 - Feb 13 with 4084 viewsDannyPaddox

By chance I recently bought this semi-rare programme of an abandoned QPR game from the 60s. It plopped thru the door only Thursday. And then Friday I heard Saturday’s game was called off. Spooky.

Your starter for ten is why was the game against Walsall abandoned and what are the tenuous links to a flying pig and a stranded kangaroo?

Ps: Brain of Barlby Rd - you keep out of this!

Abandoned Game on 17:57 - Feb 16 with 922 viewsgazza1

Well, that is not how I saw it......we ended up mid table that season and nowhere near relegation. The following year we ended up in 14th position, one place above the 1963/64 season so not sure what you are thinking about.

As for the players......The likes of Peter Angell played many many games(100's) for the Rangers, perhaps a legend, Bedford was scoring for fun in that era, Mike Keen a great captain and footballer was in the side for many a year and, of course, led us to victory at Wembley, Johnny Collins an inside forward with good skills who was another who played many games for the 1st Team, the Brady brothers were no slouches either.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 17:58]

Abandoned Game on 18:09 - Feb 16 with 905 viewsTheChef

I recall more recently, maybe 98/99 season? Due to play at LR against Reading one midweek evening, there was like a localised monsoon in the Bush around 7pm, pitch got totally saturated and the match was called off.

Must admit I can't recall any other games since then called off at such short notice.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Abandoned Game on 21:21 - Feb 16 with 838 viewsThe_Beast1976

I seem to remember Crewe away around 2002 or 2093 being called off at short notice (I was nearly there in the car when news filtered through on the radio)

Abandoned Game on 21:34 - Feb 16 with 831 viewsBoston

Derby away '76(?) Well on our way in the football special, when stopped and brought back to London. We then boarded a train to Watford and supported Torquay United for the afternoon. A couple of other posters on here also made a nuisance of themselves that day.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Abandoned Game on 21:41 - Feb 16 with 825 viewsaston_hoop

This is all very well, but the big question for me is - Was El Sombrero "Mexican Room' on Kensington High Street any good?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Abandoned Game on 22:39 - Feb 16 with 785 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m sure I’ve read it mentioned in passing in anecdotes from both Bowie and Malcolm McClaren though I guess they would have been frequenting it later than ‘64.

Abandoned Game on 23:44 - Feb 16 with 751 viewsBoston

ees very good, gringo. you don't need no stinking badges to get in either.

Abandoned Game on 00:43 - Feb 17 with 738 viewsjohncharles

A great thread. Thanks everyone 👍
I’m a relatively newcomer and only started supporting the R’s in 1974

Strong and stable my arse.

Abandoned Game on 01:53 - Feb 17 with 719 viewsBoston

Bloody good start anyway,

Abandoned Game on 12:14 - Feb 17 with 655 viewsNoelmc

Yes. I visited him to get my haircuts for over 20 years. Was always good to have a chat with him about the the latest form of the R's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024