Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Mason 16:01 - Feb 27 with 4847 viewshoopsmark

At it again i see....

Lee Mason on 11:15 - Mar 1 with 1070 viewsbakerloo8

Best refs are the ones you dont even notice. Unfortunately this pedantic prick always likes to be centre of attention. Dreadful.

Lee Mason on 14:50 - Mar 1 with 977 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Another bit of ref drama in the Chelsea United game .There was a ball bouncing around the Chelsea and Mount and Hudson Odoi were battling when it glanced off Odoi's hand and them Mounts arm .The game went on .
Probably 5 minutes later VAR called the ref over to look at it and it appeared to have hit the Chelsea fingers first with his arm slightly raised .
The ref dropped the ball despite United's protest and the ref told Harry McGuire he did not want to award a penalty to avoid controversy .

Lee Mason on 14:56 - Mar 1 with 970 viewsdaveB

It was obviously a mistake by Mason but VAR made the whole thing worse by checking for offside then telling him to go to the screen whilst saying already it was no goal. He's had a shocker but it shouldn't have taken 5 minutes of drawing lines and watching replays to realise it was a cock up.

I don't really know who is right and who is wrong but if you are allowing the keeper to line up the wall I've always thought you have to wait until he is ready before taking the kick, if you are taking a quick one it needs to be before the wall is set up

Lee Mason on 15:04 - Mar 1 with 956 viewsstowmarketrange

Once Mason blew the whistle for the 2nd time the game should’ve been stopped,so there is no reason for var to get involved in anything but whether he blew before the ball crossed the line.

Lee Mason on 16:36 - Mar 1 with 918 viewsPinnerPaul

Erm I'll have a million pounds on 'B' being the answer there!!!!!!!!

Lee Mason on 16:44 - Mar 1 with 907 viewsPinnerPaul

Martin Atkinson allowed a similar goal last season v Liverpool.

3 mistakes here is the general view on RefChat

1) Shouldn't allow a quick free kick in that position, especially after supervising wall etc
2) IF you do allow it, you have to move away from your position, that at least gives the defending side 'some' notice
3) Having made the decision to allow a quick free kick, you can't then blow again because GK isn't ready!

One more techie note, once the goal is correctly disallowed for the 2nd whistle, the restart is actually a dropped ball to the gk as the fk was 'legal' but the 2nd whistle was 'outside interference' so dropped ball and under new law if ball was in penalty area, then its dropped ball to the GK - so that's 4 mistakes I guess!

One final note please don't quote Jeff Stelling and mates views on LOTG, as someone said above they thought Welbeck was 'offside' ....from his own penalty??????????????????????????????

Lee Mason on 21:27 - Mar 2 with 786 viewsdachiltern

Surely it was 5 mistakes, the 5th being the arrogant chap who believes he is a Premier League ref!

Lee Mason on 16:10 - Mar 3 with 644 viewsPinnerPaul

Good discussion on RefChat about the age/turnover of SG1 refs.

Problem seems to be that as they are in effect full time employees, they can't just be 'sacked' or 'demoted' without going through many employment law related hoops.

Obviously the fitness threshold IS a genuine reason that they can demote an SG1 official, but there don't seem to be many other reasons!

Hence, you get only a few officials who get the 'top' or 'big' games and any promising SG2 officials are hindered in their progress.

Its not good for the referees either who are doing to much at the moment I think.

Of course our old friend VAR hasn't helped this situation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024