Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard working young man seeks employment! 16:51 - Mar 8 with 2037 viewskropotkin41

My son is up in London studying at SOAS and living in a hall of residence near Kings Cross. He phoned today to say he won't be coming home for long at Easter because he wants to get himself some work, and, by the way, if I could think of anyone I know in London who might have some work going could I ask?

Well, I've messaged the few people I still know in London, but I thought I might as well make a shout out here too. My boy is 19, hard working and quite experienced for a man of his age. He's fluent in French and can hopefully order a Chinese takeaway in Chinese by now! More importantly of course, he's been dragged to many QPR games over the years and was at Wembley with his dad for the Play Off Final, so he's an R.... although table football is more his thing these days.

Anyway, if anyone can think of anything by way of work, part-time I presume, in these difficult times, for a young man such as he, msg me please.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hard working young man seeks employment! on 17:40 - Mar 8 with 1865 views2Thomas2Bowles

Good luck to him, hope he finds something as well as anyone else looking.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Hard working young man seeks employment! on 17:41 - Mar 8 with 1865 viewssimmo

Sent you a DM mate

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hard working young man seeks employment! on 17:53 - Mar 8 with 1830 viewsMickS

I love threads like this - all the very best to your boy.

Hard working young man seeks employment! on 21:47 - Mar 8 with 1575 viewsLogman

It won't cover a London rent on its own but if he's fluent in French then post an ad on Gumtree as a French teacher, support etc etc.

There are LOTS of students wanting to catch up right now and if he words it well he'll pick up some handy hours work here and there (all cash in hand) helping people from 7 to 70 in all manner of school work/exam preparation/conversation classes etc etc.

Hard working young man seeks employment! on 22:19 - Mar 8 with 1527 viewsTacticalR

kropotkin41, what subject is your son studying at SOAS?

Air hostess clique

Hard working young man seeks employment! on 22:28 - Mar 8 with 1505 viewskropotkin41

Chinese. He'll be spending a year in Beijing year after next the state of the world permitting.

Hard working young man seeks employment! on 22:31 - Mar 8 with 1496 viewskropotkin41

I shall definitely suggest that to him, thanks! His French is very good, stronger than mine at this stage, and mine is pretty good.

Hard working young man seeks employment! on 22:36 - Mar 8 with 1488 viewskropotkin41

And thanks to everyone who's responded! LFW Brains' Trust on the case! I've passed on best wishes and ideas to the boy! I'm waiting for us to be able to go to games again before I remind him I'm going to be sleeping at his place some weekends in the football season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024