Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Katie Taylor 04:43 - May 1 with 7912 viewsKilkennyjack

What a fight.
What a fighter.

GOAT.

Beware of the Risen People

Katie Taylor on 11:37 - May 2 with 1047 views73__73

They still wouldn’t stand a chance against a violent man.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Katie Taylor on 11:39 - May 2 with 1047 views73__73

The only thing I can think of in regards to men enjoying women fighting is they probably get some sick kick out of watching women get beaten up.

Katie Taylor on 12:11 - May 2 with 1036 viewsSirjohnalot

‘The barrister’

In fairness, I’ve been called worse

Katie Taylor on 17:17 - May 2 with 994 viewsonehunglow

I am on egg shells as you well know so I avoided any adjective.

I stand by every word .

You will no doubt be aware that I might have attended some gruesome crime scenes where women have been pulverised ,normally by a man. I have an old fashioned view that ladies should be treated with respect and dignity .

I had formed a reply to your post on that infamous thread and was going to adduce it to yiu directly but decided to move on although my indignation remains intact .

Never ever forget working class women stayed at home and were treated with respect. They inculcated in us the values us old buggers hold dear to this day. I think they were ok .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Katie Taylor on 17:45 - May 2 with 976 views73__73

I agree

Katie Taylor on 17:49 - May 2 with 974 viewsonehunglow

I’m doomed

Katie Taylor on 17:51 - May 2 with 977 viewsSirjohnalot

Sir.
Treating anyone with respect isn’t old fashion. It’s common decency. I don’t decry your profession and understand what officers see. You continually decry mine even though it is people like me who prosecute these men including, lately police officers.

Unfortunately there are men out there who don’t treat women with respect and who do and always will attack them. All my point was that dv victims can see powerful women on tv and realise they can fight back.

I understand that men are more powerful but there will be some instances where these cowards will not bully when they know their intended victim won’t take it.

My mam is a working class lady who stayed home to raise my brother and I and was treated with respect but there are many who aren’t, who are trapped as have no financial independence. Women are no longer chattels of men who have to be looked after. That attitude died a long time ago.

As far as your egg shell comment is concerned. As long as any debate is not personal and sticks to the topic, there’s no problem. I’ve never reported anyone, it’s not my style.

Katie Taylor on 18:30 - May 2 with 963 viewsshingle

So do you believe someone like lets say on the level of Amanda Nunes or Valentino Shevchenko would not be able to handle a violent man who has no training in MMA if so you obviously have no experience of combat sports as you are spouting out such uneducated nonsense on this particular matter.

Katie Taylor on 18:43 - May 2 with 954 viewsSirjohnalot

It’s not just that. Some DV perps would not chose a woman who could hit back. Point is they’re cowards. They can’t handle women who answer back or fight back. A lot of them are weedy little gits, who are the first to complain when the police get cuffs on them.

They certainty could hold their own. But if not they could,hit back and considering the alternative is getting a hiding and not being able to do anything about it is an advantage.

Plus. Of course, they’d know some real men in the gym who’d, I’m sure, like to take the second round.

Katie Taylor on 19:17 - May 2 with 935 views73__73

So unless you are trained MMA or some other combat sport you wouldn’t stand a chance ? Nonsense.
Some of the toughest men I know have never taken part in any combat sports, and I’d bet my house they would destroy any female. Not that I’d like such a confrontation to happen.

Katie Taylor on 21:06 - May 2 with 901 views73__73

Complete and utter rubbish.

Katie Taylor on 21:21 - May 2 with 899 viewsKilkennyjack

‘Females need protecting’ is a dangerous start point because you are imposing your values and beliefs on women you have never met.
It makes women appear as child like, it is called infantilisation.
Its laced with male superiority dressed up as protection.

If you try starting with ‘females are equal to me’ then it might be better.

If female athletes want to train and box who is anybody else to tell them that whilst its allowed for men, its not allowed for them. That is sexism.
I suggest you simply don’t watch.

I know you mean well, but you are quite wrong.

Beware of the Risen People

Katie Taylor on 21:54 - May 2 with 873 views73__73

I hope you don’t have any daughters.

Katie Taylor on 23:28 - May 2 with 850 viewsJack123

I watched the fight, I must admit, it wasn't my cup of tea, seemed very amateurish.

They were just punching seven bells out of each other, didn't seem a lot of skill involved.

On the whole, and it's just my personal preference, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch females compete in most sports, be it darts, snooker, football, not for me.

The only one I think they do well in, and I will watch is gymnastics..

Also the world sandwich making competition

That was just a joke btw.

libera nos a malo

Katie Taylor on 07:09 - May 3 with 822 views73__73

Well listening to some on here, it was one of the greatest fights in history 🤔

Katie Taylor on 07:15 - May 3 with 823 viewsLohengrin

There’s something grotesque about the spectacle of two women fighting.

That a hall full of blokes could be sat there cheering is unseemly, to say the least.

Not for me.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Katie Taylor on 08:41 - May 3 with 799 views73__73

All in the name of equality

Katie Taylor on 08:43 - May 3 with 798 viewsonehunglow

Good to see some sense.
If we are to go down the jonalot logic then we should have gender mixed contests then women could fight men of the same weight.
It' s equality isn't it.

Men have always mistreated women and manipulated them,from Biblical times.

The Bible itself is misogynistic and racist and homophobic

Katie Taylor on 08:58 - May 3 with 790 views73__73

I’d bet men are on receiving end from other men in regards to violence than what women are.
All the females I come in contact with are treated with complete respect, but men and women are different physiologically and that’s not sexist that’s fact.

Nature and evolution have made men stronger and faster, probably to do with it was men who went out did the hunting and killing so the rest of the family/community could eat and survive.

Katie Taylor on 09:25 - May 3 with 783 viewsonehunglow

Some are ;true enough but overall men still manipulate females .

It's still a man's world.

Katie Taylor on 09:46 - May 3 with 779 viewscontroversial_jack

Some of those men would gas out in no time. A trained fighter would keep on going

Katie Taylor on 16:43 - May 3 with 722 views73__73

If you want an inspirational female athlete look no further than Jacky Hunt-Broersma, the cancer survivor who has just completed 104 marathons in 104 days.

Katie Taylor on 16:55 - May 3 with 724 viewsmax936

This 100%

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Katie Taylor on 17:19 - May 3 with 707 viewsonehunglow

Nobody s denying thaeircright to take part.
Where you are going wrong as does the barrister is that it should not be the case men getting pleasure out of watching women in tank top and shorts smashing each other. The aim of boxing is to hurt, to disable ,and to destroy . Ask any boxer .
Multiply this by 100 when it’s professional.

My generation has been castigated for having females at home when they served decent meals and clothed the kids keeping a tidy house . This is seen as regressive nowadays .

As regards their rights ,I ll leave it there

Still,at least my opinions have not met with a ban for suggesting female boxing is not an edifying site for many, as is rugby ,which faces an uncertain future because of the power of the hits and the risk to health ..

Katie Taylor on 17:56 - May 3 with 697 viewsSirjohnalot

So much to pick out here.

I’ll sign off and enjoy my holiday in Scotland.

‘The Barrister’
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024