Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford's Entire Strategy Was Fouling and Being Offside 17:19 - Aug 27 with 3016 viewsDylanP

Watford have a lot of quality in their side. Pedro alone is rumored to be heading to Manure for 35 Million. I was surprised how devoid of ideas they seemed to be. They spent the whole game with players offside on every attacking play. It seemed to be a strategy rather than a series of mistakes -- have players in offside positions to distract the defense and then have players push past them, leaving the defenders in no-man's land. It came back to bite them with the disallowed goal.

As for the fouling, it is fcking basic that you cannot hold players , use your arms to push them over, or block them. It was constant and the referee really bottled some obvious decision.

Bloody good result in the end though.

COME ON URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRsssss!!!!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Watford's Entire Strategy Was Fouling and Being Offside on 17:27 - Aug 27 with 2929 viewsterryb

I've not seen the game, but that sounds very much like how Watford have looked in every game this season!

Watford's Entire Strategy Was Fouling and Being Offside on 17:30 - Aug 27 with 2881 viewsJimmyR

Had to watch with the Watford commentary - they talked a lot about not having the strikers to jump up and header the ball in?!?

Watford's Entire Strategy Was Fouling and Being Offside on 17:30 - Aug 27 with 2879 viewsHAYESBOY

The ball over and across our centre halves was on a lot today. They have the pace in their side for that so i was surprised we played a high line.

Noticed though that they tired after 75 mins. Slowing the game and at least 3 players going down with cramp.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Watford's Entire Strategy Was Fouling and Being Offside on 17:33 - Aug 27 with 2847 viewsgolborne

We played a very dangerous game, that just about worked. They have tonnes of pace through that side, so we decided to play a very very high line, rather than let them run at us. They broke it a couple of times, for example for their first, but mostly we got away with it. Would have felt like suicide if we’d lost 1-0

Watford's Entire Strategy Was Fouling and Being Offside on 17:48 - Aug 27 with 2730 viewsNorthantsHoop

Johansen and Dozell had excellent games. Willock was just class.

Watford's Entire Strategy Was Fouling and Being Offside on 07:47 - Aug 28 with 2248 viewsDylanP

We definitely got lucky today. We played really well. But we also had the run of the green. The deflection for the first. The lob from Pedro that left Seny for dead but couldn't beat the crossbar. And that thunderbolt near the end that, thank god, was offside.

Three goals and three points away to a previously undefeated team who hadn't conceded more than one goal in a game yet this season -- that'll do the boys' confidence the world of good

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Watford's Entire Strategy Was Fouling and Being Offside on 08:00 - Aug 28 with 2172 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Got lucky?

I think that's doing us a disservice. I don't count it as luck that they kicked the ball and it didn't go in the net. Nor that when they did kick the ball and it went in the net one of their players was rightly flagged offisde. That's just the rules of football.

I'd say we were unlucky to not get a free kick for their second goal and on another day their first could have been ruled out for handball too.

A superb game of football in which we out-worked, out-thought and at time out-played a recently relegated promotion hopeful away from home. We scored two terrific goals. I wouldn't call it lucky at all. I was very proud of how we performed.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 8:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024