Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Hull of a Time - Match Thread 22:17 - Aug 29 with 33196 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Spirits are high after Watford... we usually know what follows after.

Have to control their striker, who has scored five in the last two games!

But I think we're going to start showing some consistency. No clean sheet just yet, but I foresee a 2-1 win. Dykes and Dozzell.

A Hull of a Time - Match Thread on 23:04 - Aug 30 with 1650 viewsdm97

Brilliant performance. Cant fault any of the starting 11. All the usual stand outs, but my word our full backs look good. Ethan Laird is the best RB i can remember us having since Walker (showing my age but we've had a lot of crap in the last 10 years) and Paal is looking so good defensively and another assist for him today.

The Glasgow Rangers lot did tell us watch out for those full backs - lovely stuff

A Hull of a Time - Match Thread on 23:15 - Aug 30 with 1548 views89_50

That first half was one of the most complete football performances I've seen in a long time.

Everyone, to a player, was outstanding.

Second-half, the foot came off the gas, but we were still very much in control.

A real team performance, although special praise to:

Chair - simply excellent. Today, he was the heart and soul of everything great about that performance.

Paal - if it wasn't for Chair, he would be my MOTM. His best game I've seen. Everything was spot on. And he looks much more comfortable staying wide and bombing on, compared to being asked to tuck in, as he was earlier on.

Laird - my admiration for him grows. As said elsewhere, perhaps our best, most impactful RB since Walker's loan. But it's not just his composure on the ball and athleticism that stands out, he's a very positionally-smart player. He was constantly talking to and guiding Dozzell where to move (particularly getting him to tuck in, when Laird bombed forward). All-round superb.

Dozzell - one of his best in a Rangers' shirt that I've seen. I thought he was excellent tonight. Worked for the team, and gelled excellently with Laird.

This felt like a statement performance tonight. I'm excited to see how we progress from here.

A Hull of a Time - Match Thread on 23:17 - Aug 30 with 1539 viewskensalriser

The Dykes miss - gets his feet wrong and takes an extra touch allowing the keeper to close him down, forcing him to go far post. Better feet, earlier shot inside the near post and that's a goal.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

A Hull of a Time - Match Thread on 23:19 - Aug 30 with 1515 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It's irrelevant where the Hull player is when the pass is already in the air. It's about his position at the precise moment the pass is played. It is tight but for me he's on.

Given the absence of VAR the old adage persists for the officials; if you're not sure then you don't give it.

It went in our favour on Saturday when there was only 1 goal in it so I'm happy for things to even themselves out when we're 3 goals ahead!

A Hull of a Time - Match Thread on 23:19 - Aug 30 with 1509 viewsthemodfather

at work and getting info we were 3-0 up and 3rd, i asked mates to get the defib ready! 2 big wins back to back, 5 goals and 6 pts. lubbly jubbly. enjoy this.

A Hull of a Time - Match Thread on 23:20 - Aug 30 with 1499 viewsBenny_the_Ball

He's 4 yards out and it's on a platter. Don't over think it; hit it first time and the keeper has no chance.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 23:22]

A Hull of a Time - Match Thread on 23:26 - Aug 30 with 1455 viewsA40Bosh

"It's irrelevant where the Hull player is when the pass is already in the air. It's about his position at the precise moment the pass is played. It is tight but for me he's on."

Yes, of course it is from the rule perspective, but I meant that at the time, and from my perspective up the back of the SAR stand, watching the player kicking the ball and then straight after spotting the runner, by then he was so far beyond Dunne he did look "miles" off and everyone in F Block was screaming it was "miles offside" and it was a joke.

I think even VAR would have given it onside it was so tight. I think if you watch Dunne running back and the way he put his hands to his head, he realised he had caused that.

Still, 2 great results in 4 happy days.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

A Hull of a Time - Match Thread on 23:37 - Aug 30 with 1439 viewsjoe90

That was one hell of a performance!

The shape, movement and energy were all spot on. We look a very capable side. My only concern is that we do have it in us to switch off occasionally. Not sure if their goal was offside, but they caught us off guard.

Chair was a machine tonight.

I’m really pleased and don’t want to get too carried away. We will lose games and be frustrating, but must not forget how good we can be!

Not the most insightful comment I know, but I’m really buzzing!

A Hull of a Time - Match Thread on 00:23 - Aug 31 with 1341 viewsBenny_the_Ball

OK, I get what you're saying now. Watching it from SAR you need eyes like this fella to spot an offside, especially if your view is restricted.

A Hull of a Time - Match Thread on 10:51 - Aug 31 with 1036 viewsSonofpugwash

All night buzz after that.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024