Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Intensity#2 22:13 - Jan 2 with 5302 viewsoldmeadoniansR

What an unbelievable difference. The first half was incredible. Every first ball, every second ball and all the balls in between. Played quicker, plated braver, played with spirit. A complete transformation. Sheffield United looked ordinary. So good to see. Pride is vack in this team. Sure, the last minute goal is a gutter but I think this is bigger than that. Many; including myself were predicting a really tough remainder of the season. This shows what can ve done. Great credit to all involved. The nanager the players the fans. Ok I may be getting carried away but this felt like a completely different team. Great to see.

Intensity#2 on 10:18 - Jan 4 with 1077 viewsterryb

I've said it before & no doubt I will say it again!

In my experience, if I told the referee early in the match that he had got a decision against us correct (even if he didn't) & I'd be given every 50/50 afterwards.

Scream at him & I got nothing! It's a case of knowing your referee & using the psychology that works with that individual.

Intensity#2 on 13:59 - Jan 4 with 996 viewsPinnerPaul

Yesssssss but think you'll agree the refs we get SHOULD be good enough, and most are, to ignore all that ******, by this stage in their careers.

Intensity#2 on 15:36 - Jan 4 with 950 viewsNorthernr

Well I went to Preston last week where we had one of the most experienced referees in the Championship. Between him and his AR they made what I thought was a complete bolox of an easy offside decision, but we decided under the perversity of the modern interpretation of that rule they might have been right, but either way the QPR players and fans behind that goal went absolutely apesht over it and lo and behold the very second the resulting corner kick was taken a free kick was awarded for absolutely nothing at all. If the players and supporters had just accepted that decision and said nothing to him do we get that free kick? I don't think so.

Intensity#2 on 15:47 - Jan 4 with 908 viewsPinnerPaul

That's a fair point, and something referees at all levels are aware of, or should be - the difference between the usual moaning and the protests that follow an obviously wrong call.

At this level, it obviously gets harder, as players will moan about even the most obvious calls - sometimes to save a card, sometimes to get another player a card, sometimes, as you say, to get the 'next' decision.

I'm saying, part of the skill set at this level has to be to ignore all the 'noise' and just carry on making the calls as you see fit.

I agree about that soft free kick, baffling ,because, as you say, we 'agreed' (Slightly strong word there perhaps ) that technically the offside WAS correct.

Intensity#2 on 17:08 - Jan 4 with 878 viewsterryb

Some of them were FL officials Paul, some of which had reached Division One/Premier level as linesmen.

Gordon Kew, FA Cup final referee, told me that I moaned more than Stan Bowles! Talking to him was what changed my approach & he told me it would make a big difference to how many decisions I gained. And it did!

Intensity#2 on 17:43 - Jan 4 with 849 viewsPinnerPaul

Fair enough Terry

Intensity#2 on 18:14 - Jan 4 with 829 viewsHunterhoop

For Christ’s sake boys, being in the refs ear does not mean calling him c**t. It’s about making your voice on on key decisions. Making it clear when you think an injustice has been done (just like admitting when that was a foul by you). Point is, you need to have a voice. If you don’t you cannot influence. We are nice and it makes the game harder for us. We’re a doddle to referee because we never highlight injustices.

If you have one team pointing out potential injustices throughout a game and the other saying nothing, it is human nature that you might question yourself and think perhaps I am being too lenient one way; after all they haven’t complained once…

This doesn’t mean spitting in the refs face. We play like we expect to get bullied and the raw end of the deal and when we do we shrug our shoulders. That needs changing. We’re soft.

Intensity#2 on 18:21 - Jan 4 with 822 viewsdavman

"you'll agree the refs we get SHOULD be good enough, and most are"

Your best quote yet - priceless!!!

(Sorry, Paul - couldn't resist...).
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 18:22]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Intensity#2 on 12:41 - Jan 5 with 743 viewsPinnerPaul

"Good enough to ignore the dissent."

Bit of selective quoting there!

No worries mate, tongue in cheek I realise that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024