Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DoF 19:57 - Jan 7 with 15040 viewsRuislipHoop

Les F and Chris R have been in charge of Football at this club since 2015,recruitment,technical and all playing matters with not a sign of success at any level,at wot point do the owners think “ maybe this isnt working ?”

DoF on 12:02 - Jan 8 with 1744 viewsrickywelton

The Players are at fault for yesterday, but whose responsible for bringing those players in, the DOF! Ferdinand has been here since 2014 what has exactly improved? Where are the youth players coming through and being sold for a profit? What youth and development coaches has he brought in that have gone onto bigger and better things?

The club is shambolic in terms of recruitment and youth development, it was only last year both our U18/21 finished bottom of their leagues. At any other club he and several of the youth and development coaches would have been replaced but we seem to accept poor performances at all levels.

It’s a result based business and should be run as such!

DoF on 12:08 - Jan 8 with 1700 viewsDixie_CT

In regards to Les’s achievements in his tenure:

Alan: Who was that man who was boring me at the funeral?
Chris: Oh, Peter Linehan? Well, he’s just revamped News and Current Affairs.
Alan: Yeah, but he’s finished revamping it now. So, give him a painting of a Spitfire, and let him go.
Chris: OK.

DoF on 12:12 - Jan 8 with 1677 viewsstowmarketrange

How many players have through from the youth team in 30 years?Probably only a handful.

DoF on 12:16 - Jan 8 with 1643 viewsDejR_vu

Seriously. FFS

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

DoF on 12:28 - Jan 8 with 1599 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well, given the treatment meted out to Hughes and Redknapp gor example, the answer would appear to be no!

Further, given how people like Paul Parker, Les himself, Eze etc. are held in high regard and, recalling the anti-John Terry stance and support for Anton, would be further evidence of results based views as to the 'performance' of several employees of longstanding as opposed to the colour of their skin.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

DoF on 12:29 - Jan 8 with 1598 viewstraininvain

All valid points and I completely agree that Les etc shouldn’t be above criticism. I wouldn’t get rid of Les right now but I’d be asking questions if I was one of the owners.

My response was directed more towards those (not you!) calling for the owners to go. Any new owners would face the same financial reality as the current lot and I’m sure Fernandes et al would like nothing more than to go on a spending spree in January but FFP would soon catch up with the club.

I know we’re all angry but I don’t think hounding the owners out of the club will help the situation. Be careful what you wish for!

DoF on 12:31 - Jan 8 with 1587 viewsbongo_king

Almost entirely agree.

Les and board have made mistakes, but have got it more right than wrong overall. If you want to put in context across all the clubs in the football league, I'd hazard a guess that at least 50 of the 92 have a worse set up than us (including some big names) so be careful before wishing a roll of that dice to chance our setup... odds are against us getting an upgrade.

I'd say the board (ex TF) have also had bits of bad luck. I personally was pretty down when Warbs left, he felt so right for our club, despite the mass drop off in form and was pretty devistated to see him go. I doubted we'd get someone who could make us better. Beale's appointment was a pleasant left-field surprise, and ticked the right boxes. Some may say the board should have seen the risk of his ambition, but I'd say It's tough to rule for a 41 year old whose spent 15 years in the shadows to turn out to be such a monumental pr!ck that he'll screw over the first club that gives him a chance... after hiding those 15 years in the shadows. There is a parallel universe where PBBC is not such a PBBC, he's still here and we are in the top 6 still, so it still looks like the stroke of genius appointment it was just a few months back.

That said, there are plenty of questions to be asked.... notably the long contracts for hamaleinen in particular as a knee jerk to the BOS saga... and the massive rift with Warbs from this time last year on.

So yes some things to answer for but sacking him unlikely to make it better.

DoF on 12:55 - Jan 8 with 1516 viewsDejR_vu

Throwing around unfounded insinuations like that is repulsive

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

DoF on 13:14 - Jan 8 with 1469 views08olesen

Les and Ramsey have to go, Andy Belk too.

We seem incapable of thinking outside the box which is desperately needed on our budget. Other than Paal (who has done well tbf), every player we seem to sign is a run of the mill efl player.

Look at what Brentford have done with Maupay, Benrahma, Norgaard etc. in recent years. There is no chance would would have the creative thought to sign those players.

If you sign lower half championship players, the chances are that you will be a lower-half championship team.

We need experienced people who have been part of well run clubs not jobs for the boys. It has worked well with Lee Hoos and now we need to do the same thing with the roles of Les, AB and CR.

Poll: Who will the other play off

DoF on 13:32 - Jan 8 with 1435 viewsstanistheman

That could be because if we post anti Les comments during such a run we would be accused of not being satisfied and just always expecting better.

However after 8 seasons of not going anywhere and not making the play offs even once, after seeing a succession of poor striker signings, some poor management appointments, no young prospects from our youth ranks, surely someone has to be held responsible.

QPR are going backwards and have been overtaken by a number of small clubs like Brighton Brentford and Bournemouth and the likes of Luton Preston Millwall will also be looking to overtake us. But let’s not put the blame on the DoF. If it isn’t his fault then just what is he directing?

DoF on 13:42 - Jan 8 with 1420 viewsTerry49

Why even think Critchley will not be here. The only way he will leave is if he resigns. What idiot would give a 3.5 year contract to somebody who has only been a manager once. Simply cannot afford to sack him even if we wanted to.

DoF on 13:47 - Jan 8 with 1403 viewsrickywelton

Agreed but is his job to improve that and he hasn’t we have gone backwards in terms of youth development!

DoF on 14:13 - Jan 8 with 1338 viewsthemodfather

have we progressed with les and co?
ok we flirt with top 6 and collapse away, but we are not hovering over the drop zone as some years before and then sweating on other results, "must win" games, er they all are!
are the youth players coming thru, getting games and being sold at a profit, to bring revenue in?
how many "hand picked/ targeted" players have we had ? washington , smyth, gladwin?? few do anything, so if not chosen by the manager of the day, who does the scouting?

DoF on 14:22 - Jan 8 with 1297 viewsSonofpugwash

From today's Twitter

"Seeing a lot of negative reactions to him(Critchley). I'm a Blackpool fan, and honestly, stay patient and stick with him. The guy knows his stuff and knows how to set up. He started really slow at Blackpool, after his first 7 games we were in the relegation zone in league 1. We then went up"

Lots of rather vitriolic stuff on social media about yesterday as you might imagine.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

DoF on 14:24 - Jan 8 with 1287 viewspaulhoop2

I stand by the comment to an extent as it’s always them
Getting the stick - Andy belk escapes most criticism I just wondered why that is? Sir Les and CR are doing a good job on the whole. New Training Ground - tick , Stability in academy - tick , advising owners on football matters - tick.

The real question I would ask is this…. Who else would
You want in those roles that that are crucial these days in football? Who else out there would be willing to write the millions needed to just break even? Who else would touch the club financially ? Finally where else would the club afford to move too? Obviously would sell LR for millions but where is the land for This ? Ground share with Fulham would potentially work but most fans would not accept this. If I offended people on here I apologies that wasn’t my intention but I do believe a valid point to raise.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

DoF on 14:37 - Jan 8 with 1239 viewsaston_hoop

The problem we have now is that we have a relegation budget but with fans who expect promotion. Not really sure what the people in charge can do about that, suspect we'll find out soon enough that the grass is also rotten on the other side. Maybe even worse than where we are now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

DoF on 14:45 - Jan 8 with 1226 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

One of the funny things about this sort of thread is the general lack of appreciation that there are 23 other teams in this division all busting a gut to try to climb the greasy pole to promotion. All but a few have bigger, more modern grounds, bigger crowds, more income and overall better infrastructure. Because of those things they can often attract better players.

The guys that are running our club are fighting those clubs with one hand tied behind their backs. The basic reason is Loftus Road. You can't grow a following in the good times with a small stadium like ours. So in the ordinary times there just isn't the income.

Unless the stars align with an exceptional manager or an Adel Taarabt or a flukey Play-Off win promotion is beyond us. Otherwise the guys running the club are doing OK. In my opinion they are improving. Mainly learning from their mistakes and trying their best. Its just a very greasy pole.

DoF on 14:54 - Jan 8 with 1209 viewsDixie_CT

If Loftus Road is the problem, and I don’t think it is and definitely not in isolation,10 years and no closer to a new stadium.

DoF on 15:01 - Jan 8 with 1162 viewsDamo1962

I certainly don't expect promotion. Anyone with sense can see the restraints the club is under, but that is not an excuse for tolerating half-arsed players and performances. Even with that tart Beale, I never expected us to be anything more than top ten at best, as I have known for quite a while, the limitations of a lot of this squad. If Critchley can keep us out of trouble...he will have achieved his first goal. I just want our pride back...and not be seen as a laughing stock. Is that too much to ask for?

DoF on 15:14 - Jan 8 with 1135 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

We are not a laughing stock. Most of the teams in the Championship would have done exactly the same as us against Fleetwood i.e. not a priority, so, not 100% on our game, so, easy to beat by a motivated League One team.
We have seen the same scenario played out over and over again.

For me we got our pride back against Sheff Utd. The cup is best forgotten.

DoF on 15:30 - Jan 8 with 1077 viewsOldPedro

Surely the issue with a new stadium is location - unless we move out of the area, very few sites are available

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

DoF on 15:31 - Jan 8 with 1066 viewsDamo1962

When we string a few more performances like Sheff Utd together, then I'll agree with you. Doesn't matter what competition we are playing in, yesterday, and a lot of games prior to it( especially at LR) - have been unacceptable.

DoF on 15:42 - Jan 8 with 1058 viewsdavman

...and whilst moving to Milton Keynes is a massive no no, moving a borough or two to safeguard the future of the club and maybe get a few new fans interested wouldn't exactly be a bad thing, right?

The Owners keep telling us that they want to hang around and invest, but can't because of the S&P restrictions, but a new ground wouldn't come under those rules, so...

(Or maybe they don't want to "invest" any more than the £18m per year they are currently covering our losses with...).

Seriously, though, if it really will make a difference, why are so many opposed from a move Westward?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 15:47]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

DoF on 16:01 - Jan 8 with 1021 viewsDixie_CT

There have been and are local options but we have made a bit of a pigs ear of the relationships needed to get the planning. Whether that is with H & F, Car Giant, or the OPDC.

We have however managed to build some flats at Oaklands Rise: https://www.nhg.org.uk/building-homes/developments/oaklands-old-oak-common/

Go figure!

DoF on 16:27 - Jan 8 with 964 viewsHOOPNO7

If the club doesn't see the cups as a priority then why bother registering to play in them.
Yesterdays team was second best all over the field & that is down to the manager to motivate the players. Once they are on the pitch the players need to show desire, passion & leadership all of which was non existent.
LF has had 8 years in the role & what has he achieved? Time for a new DOF
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024