Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is wrong with our fan base? 18:10 - May 13 with 6809 viewsWestEndBoy

Why is there zero passion or zero concern about what is happening at our club. I

What is wrong with our fan base? on 21:59 - May 14 with 1385 viewshedgeend61

I think, like others, you are part of the problem, why clap? every one of those gutless, lazy under performing, overpaid, out of their depth players stealing a living deserved rotten fruit thrown at them for that no show, not clapping. Could understand if they put a bit of effort in, alas no , too much to ask.

That's the reason I left on 80 min (not for the first time this season, and that's normally not me, been going since 69) is because we wouldn't have scored in a million years (one useless Paul pass back of a shot on target all game) and seeing the goons left clapping them off which would wind me up big time.

l'll renew next season, but we need to get rid of Monica and most of this rabble of a squad otherwise we'll struggle in the Championship

What is wrong with our fan base? on 06:30 - May 15 with 1244 viewsPaleRider

I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense at all.

There's a difference between supporting a team during a game and rewarding under-performance after a game. Do you congratulate poor service in a restaurant or poor performance at work? The flip side to your argument is how did clapping the players on Saturday help solve the problem of relegation?

Saints supporters have been heavily let down this season, not least by the players. If you chose to clap that is your choice but you are part of the problem.

What is wrong with our fan base? on 06:39 - May 15 with 1241 viewsUlsterBaz

^ This.

What is wrong with our fan base? on 06:42 - May 15 with 1241 viewsUlsterBaz

^ And this.

The Groningen fans weren’t clapping like performing seals at the weekend after their first relegation in 25 years.

What is wrong with our fan base? on 07:36 - May 15 with 1204 viewsTripleNiemi

This was us under Marcus, Cortese and Les
[Post edited 15 May 2023 7:54]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

What is wrong with our fan base? on 10:43 - May 15 with 1133 viewsarfurdent

it is a stadium offering a number of football matches each year for which entry is charged.

Bit like buying a bus fare.

This loyalty thing is just PR hype to retain custom. Just like Tesco offer a Clubcard.

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

What is wrong with our fan base? on 11:00 - May 15 with 1122 views1885_SFC

True.

I know several Brighton fans well as I travel down towards that way twice a week through my work. Good lads with their feet firmly planted on the ground. They know their manager will be there next season on their journey through Europe. They also know he'll follow Potter's footsteps the season after when a 'big' club comes calling. Funnily enough, they often compare Saints and a how quick things can go down the toilet. It's all about getting every part of the Club right from top to bottom. Leicester are another example and the Midlands version of us.

Kudos to Brentford and Fulham too. Both have had terrific seasons when many thought they wouldn't. No doubt the media will lavish praise on Guardiola for winning the title with his countless billions. But I reckon they should look a bit further down the table to see who the REAL manager(s) of the season is.

Old School is Cool

What is wrong with our fan base? on 12:39 - May 15 with 1071 viewsRon11

Exactly regarding the likes of Guardiola. It would be interesting to see how he would perform managing a side like Leeds or Forest without the billions and some of the best players in the world.
Probably do fu ck all.
I'd give it to Steve Cooper if he keeps Forest up.

What is wrong with our fan base? on 13:38 - May 15 with 1022 views1885_SFC

I reckon old Woy at Palace has done a terrific job too. They were looking very likely for the drop before the board took action and re-appointed him. He's got Palace playing some nice football and picked up the points Saints could only dream of.

Thomas Frank or Roberto De Zerbi for me as PL Manager of the Season. No Charlie Big Bollix players in either team - just very good players all playing as a team and for very competent managers.

Old School is Cool

What is wrong with our fan base? on 14:26 - May 15 with 1001 viewscocklebreath

O’Neil at Bournemouth has to be up there

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

What is wrong with our fan base? on 12:42 - May 16 with 768 viewsfranniesTache

Thing is Southampton isn't a particularly middle class city, the average wage is below the national average, unemployment is relatively high and a large chunk of the city is council estates.

But the club have absolutely no interest in getting the nippers from the city into the ground, they're more interested in posh nippers from Salisbury than they are locals, and will do a social media campaign about a "fan" from India over a mush in his 70s who's been there all his life.

Hell they even make it easier for an overseas fan from america to get tickets to an away day than loyal fans from our actual city.

So it's not a surprise we end up with a bunch of soppy bast*rds, old dears with cuddly toys and private school kids from wiltshire instead of actual mushes.

What is wrong with our fan base? on 12:52 - May 16 with 762 viewsRon11

Yes, respect to Woy, for sure.

What is wrong with our fan base? on 13:41 - May 16 with 728 viewsWinchesterExile

Spot on Franny. Back in the day we used to feel part of the club. It was our club and we stuck with it through thick and thin. We were fans. These days they’re customers and if they don’t like Saints then they can follow Man U or Liverpool or whoever easily because there’s no need for any connection any more. If I was Sport Republic one of the first things I’d do now would be to re-establish the connection between club and city (and surrounding local areas).

What is wrong with our fan base? on 14:22 - May 16 with 683 viewsfranniesTache

They'll happily give discounts or tickets to students at the uni's with no link to the city or club, but like f*ck do they discount tickets for people who are unemployed from the city they represent.

In fact I swear when the ground opened they had a discount for people living locally, within a mile or so, which would've covered golden grove and northam estate, but that's gone now i think
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024